• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Cold

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Its really cold in here(my house).

I could turn up the thermostat, but I don't wanna, 'cause then my bill will go up. Its set at 66F right now.

What do you keep your thermostat at?
It is cold here too. I have the thermostat set to go to 57 at 2 am until 11 am and then it goes to 60 at 11 am, but when I get up I turn it up to about 67. But it is not 67 in here because the window is open in the computer room because the cats like to look out at the birds and squirrels and other creatures, so I leave it open all the time. I also need a repair on the furnace because it is not working the way it should and I am going to have that repair done this winter.

Our electric bill just keeps going up so I try not to turn the furnace up.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
My thermostat doesn't exist, since we don't have heating. We only use air conditioning during summer.

Good ol' African climate with scorching summers and moderately cold winters.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Its really cold in here(my house).

I could turn up the thermostat, but I don't wanna, 'cause then my bill will go up. Its set at 66F right now.

What do you keep your thermostat at?

Ironically I set my Thermostat to 66F (18.8C) and I'm fine, but then for the last few days it has been below 32F outside, today however is a heat wave at 42F

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's 63 in here now even though I turned the thermostat to 68 about 5 hours ago. We need a furnace repair because it is running on 3 capacitors instead of 4. I only really notice I am cold when my hands get too cold to type. :eek:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
At night 68, during the day 73. But we're old and the internal fires don't burn as hot as they used to.
Wow, that is really warm.... we are old too but I don't want to be old and poor.
Our monthly electric bill is 283 and that is every month on the averaging plan keeping the house at 57 when we are sleeping and 60-67 in the daytime.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I hate broken heating/cooling systems. I have a phobia of furnace repair people.
I also have a phobia because I am always afraid they will find something wrong with the furnace. I need a new furnace and heat pump at my rental so I cannot afford a new one here too. :(

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I think this stuff is about 40 years old. I highly doubt that they will ever fix it, the building will be destroyed and rebuilt before that ever happens. Why do you have said phobia?

Greenly's Heating and Cooling... extremely rude, left the job on a frigid winter day 4 times to go deal with personal stuff, and rigged everything up really weird(and which eventually killed the furnace). I couldn't do anything about it, though, as it was the landlord who called him in. We did let him know we thought the guy was a quack, though. However, I still panic when I think repair person has to come in for the furnace, even if its not him....

If it is cold round your feet from a draught, you can feel cold when the room temperature as a whole is warmer.

This is a lesson I need to learn... I go barefoot everywhere, and its hard for me to come to terms with the fact that I will eventually need footwear. Its a struggle I have every fall/winter...

Orbit

I'm a planet
We keep the thermostat around 66F also. We wear socks and sweaters in the house, too. The electric bill isn't too bad.

Orbit

I'm a planet
That is about where I keep the thermostat during the day but the electric bill IS bad.

In talking with my mom who lives on the east coast, there seems to be variation in electricity prices regionally. This assumes your furnace is electric, of course. We have a heat pump and our electric bill stays at about $100 a month except in the coldest winter months (usually December and January) when it might hit $250. Last month the electric bill was $65 so it can vary quite a bit.