• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Cold

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Its really cold in here(my house).

I could turn up the thermostat, but I don't wanna, 'cause then my bill will go up. Its set at 66F right now.

What do you keep your thermostat at?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I could turn up the thermostat, but I don't wanna, 'cause then my bill will go up. Its set at 66F right now.

24C but that is to cool it from 40C.

I will swap your cold for my hot. :D

So I cool to 75f, this morning my temp is 93f

Regards Tony

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

Ironically, ours is set to about 66F too, but that's only because company is coming over. It's usually set at 63F.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Ironically, ours is set to about 66F too, but that's only because company is coming over. It's usually set at 63F.

You just gave me an idea...

Unwanted company? Hmm...maybe 'Ares' will set the air conditioner on... oops!

Lain

It's either off or 80-90F. If it's not that high the heat will literally not turn on at all. If it goes below that then it is off. It's broken. So we just keep fiddling with it to keep warm and not too hot.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
At night 68, during the day 73. But we're old and the internal fires don't burn as hot as they used to.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".

If it's above 20F or 30F (like above -7C) outside ours is usually before sleep time at 70F (21C). But on really cold days we just wear sweaters and I turn it to a lower temperature, like the same as we use for sleep, 67 or 68F. (19 or 20C)

This year natural gas price has more than doubled. So I'm going up into the attic with a bundle of insulation to look for thin areas, and add some more. :)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's either off or 80-90F. If it's not that high the heat will literally not turn on at all. If it goes below that then it is off. It's broken. So we just keep fiddling with it to keep warm and not too hot.

I hate broken heating/cooling systems. I have a phobia of furnace repair people.

At night 68, during the day 73. But we're old and the internal fires don't burn as hot as they used to.

If I'm this cold at 66F at 37, I hate to think of how I'll feel when I'm old.

Hold

Day Dreamer
Premium Member
We are at 66 degrees also.......ha! still a slight nose bleed for wife and self....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

We have a reversible heat pump, its set to keep the lounge at 21c (70f) in winter and become air conditioning in summer. In winter it can if required kick out a constant 3.5kw of heat 24 hours a day quite cheaply, enough to keep the whole house warm

I've just seen on Amazon.fr that there is a new generation of heat pumps that you install yourself for less than €600 (less than $700), it would pay for itself in a year. Not sure if they are available in the US

Alternatively i can recommend thermal underwear and a thick cardigan

Lain

I hate broken heating/cooling systems. I have a phobia of furnace repair people.

I think this stuff is about 40 years old. I highly doubt that they will ever fix it, the building will be destroyed and rebuilt before that ever happens. Why do you have said phobia?

Hold

Day Dreamer
Premium Member
I think this stuff is about 40 years old. I highly doubt that they will ever fix it, the building will be destroyed and rebuilt before that ever happens. Why do you have said phobia?
Not speaking for anyone else but we have been dissatisfied with most of the techs that inspect, repair or 'whatever' that have done work for us...

exchemist

Veteran Member

I allow myself to heat the living rooms to 20-21C (68-70F) in the evenings and for a couple of hours in the morning, plus 1hr at lunchtime. In between it drops to 18C or so (64-65F). I find that is fine so long as I am moving about. It is when I sit still for a long period, as I do in the evenings, that I can feel cold. I often pop to the shops on the bike mid morning which warms me up.

66F is 19C. That should be OK with a sweater and a bit of motion. But if you sit still for ages I find it matters little what you wear, you still start to feel a bit cold. Also a lot depends on draughts. If it is cold round your feet from a draught, you can feel cold when the room temperature as a whole is warmer.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Around 62F.
But we use the wood stove to bump it up when
Mrs Revolt is working. (This new remote work
stuff is great.)
When it's just me & son, down in the 50s is fine.