• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Changing My Religion

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I've decided to follow Tofu Roshi.

"Dear Tofu Roshi,
I can't get my dog to sit on his meditation cushion. Could I just tie the zafu cushion to the dog for fourty minutes?

Doggoned

Dear Doggoned,
When your dog won't sit, which are you tying, the dog or the zafu? Practicing with this question will teach you the meaning of shikan taza. Sit! Just sit!

Tofu Roshi"

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!
I've decided to follow Tofu Roshi.

"Dear Tofu Roshi,
I can't get my dog to sit on his meditation cushion. Could I just tie the zafu cushion to the dog for fourty minutes?

Doggoned

Dear Doggoned,
When your dog won't sit, which are you tying, the dog or the zafu? Practicing with this question will teach you the meaning of shikan taza. Sit! Just sit!

Tofu Roshi"

It's Sit! Stay!

No wonder your dog will not cooperate.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Of course Tofu Roshi has nothing to say of much interest to dogs. Beef Roshi or even better Beef&Cheese Roshi are the ones worth following.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Of course Tofu Roshi has nothing to say of much interest to dogs. Beef Roshi or even better Beef&Cheese Roshi are the ones worth following.
"Many teachers, in their pride, vainly boast that they know nothing, but it is Tofu [Roshi] alone who has achieved total ignorance." -Gahan Wilson

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I'm not breeding the cur. I want him to experience just sitting.

Dogs don't need religion. Dog spelt backwards is God :)

Here's a little something you may enjoy -

Darn it - I am at the library and can't find the site I was looking for - I do have it on my home computer ...

All the best!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Gahan Wilson

I've loved his sense of humor expressed in cartoons over the years

gahan-wilson-nothing-happens-next-this-is-it-new-yorker-cartoon_a-l-9172121-8419447.jpg