• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm bored

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Its covid need I to say anything else?

I understand completely, we have the same problem, possibly more restrictive, than american guidelines. However the rain stopped for about 20 minutes so i was able to get outside and tidy the courtyard this morning

So how about what caused the big bang? A question that has kept me pondering for hours on end.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Why was Cain afraid of people living out in the world and why did God concur?
I heard that according to one tradition Adam and Eve had 40 children...though I cant remember what book I read that said that...even if they didnt have that many children it states in the bible that Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters...perhaps he was afraid that one of his siblings would take vengance on him for him murdering Abel. God must've found Cain's fears legit and didn't want his punishment to end too soon.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What you think caused it then?

Personally i go with Dr Mersini-Houghton's hypothesis that out universe budded from a pre-existing universe. Of all the hypothesis i know it's the only one with indications and tentative evidence that can be observed now.

Colt

I heard that according to one tradition Adam and Eve had 40 children...though I cant remember what book I read that said that...even if they didnt have that many children it states in the bible that Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters...perhaps he was afraid that one of his siblings would take vengance on him for him murdering Abel. God must've found Cain's fears legit and didn't want his punishment to end too soon.
The Genesis narrative doesn't say anything about previous children or that they went out in the world away from their people.

Adam and Eve arrived on a world that was already populated by evolved humans. The Crafty Beast had already fallen and sought to trip up Eve.

VoidCat

The Genesis narrative doesn't say anything about previous children or that they went out in the world away from their people.

Adam and Eve arrived on a world that was already populated by evolved humans. The Crafty Beast had already fallen and sought to trip up Eve.
It doesn't say anything about their daughters either but Cain went out to find a wife soon after he killed Abel.

Colt

It doesn't say anything about their daughters either but Cain went out to find a wife soon after he killed Abel.
Because the wife he found in Nod wasn't his sister.

Each time the OT scriptures were redacted, edited and rewritten, they left tell tale signs of the original story.

VoidCat

She was a part of the human race that evolved and was already on the earth when Adam and Eve arrived.
Ah well I was answering based on my understanding of the Bible...I don't believe in the Bible or the adam and eve story so these questions arent important to me.

VoidCat

@Rival
upload_2021-2-2_7-25-0.png

My favorite kind of chocolate.