• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm believing a Noah's Ark version

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
So, by analyzing my own life I think that if people live 750 to 1200 years like in the Bible they can progress tremendously. Noah's Ark being a rocket seems plausible to me as something that could in itself be built. With a flood from nukes it would also explain why the coral reefs weren't damaged.

I have many reasons to still doubt Noah's Ark as a rocket and as a ship but I have to give the Raelians credit because I think we can keep getting smarter if we live a really long time.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
So, by analyzing my own life I think that if people live 750 to 1200 years like in the Bible they can progress tremendously. Noah's Ark being a rocket seems plausible to me as something that could in itself be built. With a flood from nukes it would also explain why the coral reefs weren't damaged.

I have many reasons to still doubt Noah's Ark as a rocket and as a ship but I have to give the Raelians credit because I think we can keep getting smarter if we live a really long time.

"Swedenborg does not believe the flood described in Genesis to be an act of God vengefully wiping out humanity; rather, Swedenborg saw the flood as a symbol of humanity’s evil cravings taking over the planet. God’s plan to save us from ourselves is characterized by a man named Noah. To save us (Noah) from the flood of evil, God had to teach us how to float through troubled waters.

What was once a planet of heavenly consciousness and peace had become flooded with corruption and evil. To counteract evil and restore spiritual remnants in the hearts of humans, God invited us (Noah) to join him in a new way of life that separated thoughts and feelings so we can float above the waves of corruption and choose good over evil.

During his spiritual experiences, Swedenborg was given amazing insight into the symbolic meaning of several parts of the Noah and the Flood parable:"

Swedenborg and Life Recap: The Meaning of Noah and the Flood 2/22/16 – Swedenborg Foundation

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
"Swedenborg does not believe the flood described in Genesis to be an act of God vengefully wiping out humanity; rather, Swedenborg saw the flood as a symbol of humanity’s evil cravings taking over the planet. God’s plan to save us from ourselves is characterized by a man named Noah. To save us (Noah) from the flood of evil, God had to teach us how to float through troubled waters.

What was once a planet of heavenly consciousness and peace had become flooded with corruption and evil. To counteract evil and restore spiritual remnants in the hearts of humans, God invited us (Noah) to join him in a new way of life that separated thoughts and feelings so we can float above the waves of corruption and choose good over evil.

During his spiritual experiences, Swedenborg was given amazing insight into the symbolic meaning of several parts of the Noah and the Flood parable:"

Swedenborg and Life Recap: The Meaning of Noah and the Flood 2/22/16 – Swedenborg Foundation

Thank you; unfortunately I can only do this part time and I can't watch a 1:30:00 video. I've never had time to watch your video.

But what you've suggested here seems very deep and helpful and I wish I had more time to explore it with you! :)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

Living longer would increase technological advancement.. really, no telling what abilities mankind had before the Flood.