• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm an uncle!

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Just thought I'd share the happy news that I'm an uncle at last. My sister-in-law gave birth to a healthy baby girl last night. It'll probably be a while before we see her as she married a Dane and lives in Denmark, but we should see pictures soon and, of course, we've been talking on the phone a lot. They decided to call the girl Louisa (though I don't know if they're spelling it that way and if my experience of Danish is anything to go by, I've probably missed 10 or so silent letters!)

James

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Congratulations James. Getting a new member of the family is always exciting. Family is a great thing.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Congratulations, James! Your traditional duty is now to think of ways to spoil that child!

lunamoth

Will to love
Great news James...congratuations to your sister and her husband...and to your whole family.

In some cultures it is the job of the aunt/uncle to be the 'bad cop,' to be constructively critical where the parent might be doting. But I say you should go with Sunstone's advice and spoil her rotten!

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
As an uncle to 22 nieces and nephews I heartily recommend getting her a Fisher-Price Popcorn Popper as soon as she can walk.

Her parents will never forget the kindness of such a gift. :D

Best wishes to your family. Just 21 more and you'll be caught up. :)

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Thanks, everyone. I'm actually pretty pleased. Even though I've got two kids of my own, it's still nice to be an uncle. I think subconsciously it's down to the knowledge that I can have all the nice bits of a relationship with her and hand her back to her parents when things get nasty - who do you hand your own back to?

James

astarath

May Yahweh be found in her soul wherever she goes.
Congratulations on your blessing from God