• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm about dead. Going for help.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The choices are fairly simple....stop drinking and live or continue to do so and die.
How long has this dilemma been plaguing you Jeager 106? How many relapses and rehabs are we talking about here?
How long before the inevitable happens if you keep relapsing. I have had enough experience with alcoholics to know that a wishbone needs to be replaced by a backbone.
You can do whatever you "want" to do, but without God, you cannot conquer this very powerful demon.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Addiction. Alcohol. Killed my dad and ALL 8 of his brothers. Family genetics tend to kill all males
in dad's family, almost killed my sis and is killing me.
Going to Glenbeigh hospital, a rehab hospital. They might me able to keep me alive as I withdraw..
With good meds I might make it thru the night. 120 mile trip. NO! I ain't driving. Can't even walk.
Horrible addiction. Just freaking dehumanizing.
Alcohol withdrawal is much more deadly than even heroin withdrwal.
1 in 4 treated alkies die. Period.
Killed my dad & his brothers.
Better dead than live an addicted life.
Typically, I offer flowers.
But this is a pressing dangerous situation.
So you get something special....

Aquitaine

Addiction. Alcohol. Killed my dad and ALL 8 of his brothers. Family genetics tend to kill all males
Going to Glenbeigh hospital, a rehab hospital. They might me able to keep me alive as I withdraw..
With good meds I might make it thru the night. 120 mile trip. NO! I ain't driving. Can't even walk.
Crikey. Best wishes man, hopefully you can break the cycle.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Find the cause of all this and pullit out by the roots, its the only way you will ever have a chance of serviving.
That is very good advice. Very typically with addiction, what we find is not a junkie of an addict, but someone who is hurt, someone who is troubled, someone who feel into a deep and dark rut. I've known many addicts, and the road to recovery is not easy, it is ugly, I've seen the misery, agony, and pain of withdrawals and recovery, but in the end it has always been worth it. I'm just glad Jeager has indicated he isn't having to go through this alone (that is unless things have recently changed).

David1967

Premium Member

Hang in there brother. Dont give the disease the satisfaction of killing you. You have more strength than you realize. Never give up.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female

I am the same here. Can't stop drinking plus smoking. Staying in rehab centers is kinda tradition for my family and soon I will be one of them. Damn bad....

When I don't drink my heart beats like there is no tomorrow,my hands so shake that I cannot even write a simple voucher. I attended important meetings in fully drunk position ( could not even spell my name )costing millions of dollars and embarrassed myself and my company where I earn my bread.

Do NEVER withdraw from alcohol without a good doctor. You may suddenly die,godforbid.

Timothy Bryce

That sucks dude. Best wishes and some empathy to boot.

Timothy Bryce

That sucks dude. Best wishes and some empathy to boot.

For what it's worth @jeager106 - if you're in a place where they'll be monitoring you and your stability, and with appropriate medication (which their well-worked for careers depend on strictly adhering to), you should come out of it with a very renewed perspective on life; even just at the end of a detox stage. Rehab might not even be necessary.

Regarding addiction: I've had streams of coke, speed, alcohol, weed (even sex) habits in the past that have rendered me kinda incapacitated both mentally and physically. But I think once you've detoxed, you might be afforded such a perspective that involves your ability to have more choice regarding your own personality and things that allow you to enjoy life; usually it involves an adoption of more variety and freedom about who you are and where you want to be with your "future self" (as corny as that sounds). After detox, some form of rehab might be necessary considering the symptoms you described but ultimately we are all creatures of addiction - it's just about choosing what benefits us most. TV, orgasms, the beach, money, RF - it doesn't matter, but the choice is ultimately yours.

BTW: I'm not an actual doctor; a more appropriate moniker would be: "The Bad Lawyer" lol