• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm about dead. Going for help.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Addiction. Alcohol. Killed my dad and ALL 8 of his brothers. Family genetics tend to kill all males
in dad's family, almost killed my sis and is killing me.
Going to Glenbeigh hospital, a rehab hospital. They might me able to keep me alive as I withdraw..
With good meds I might make it thru the night. 120 mile trip. NO! I ain't driving. Can't even walk.
Horrible addiction. Just freaking dehumanizing.
Alcohol withdrawal is much more deadly than even heroin withdrwal.
1 in 4 treated alkies die. Period.
Killed my dad & his brothers.
Better dead than live an addicted life.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
You can do it. The human will can be powerful. The trick is to get away from all those old "retractions" (which are grab-your mind distractions or reminders actually to drink).

These could be a familiar room where you have drunk before. The same liqour store as you pass by. The same stupid friends who were before you when you drank. The same glasses in the cupboard. The same car you drove to a place that sells drink. The same shoes you wore, the same jacket, the same hat - that you wore when buying alcohol or drinking.

Leave the area entirely - wear new cloths and go where it is dramatically different such as a rehab place that isn't like yuur old room or bed. Buy brand new shoes, any new cheap white tennis shoe, new windbreaker jacket, etc.

Don't even eat the same food.

Throw away all else and morph into some "costume" you never wore before.

Even give yourself a new name - or nickname. And buy cologne that you think you would never wear. Get a new tooth brush and "natural" toothpaste from Whole Foods. Buy a bike. Or a kite.

Eat carrot curry. Carrot juice.

Take up a new religion or change your party registration. Go play bingo just one time, then make fun of it. Get a paint set.

Buy a pair of binoculars.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Addiction. Alcohol. Killed my dad and ALL 8 of his brothers. Family genetics tend to kill all males
Going to Glenbeigh hospital, a rehab hospital. They might me able to keep me alive as I withdraw..
With good meds I might make it thru the night. 120 mile trip. NO! I ain't driving. Can't even walk.
I am sorry about your dad and his brothers .
the direct solution is the best way .decide to stop drinking to avoid to be dead.

Don't ever drink again :)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Be strong and have faith in yourself, you can beat it, just have some patience and never surrender.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
So very sorry to hear about your terrible struggles, Jeager. I'm sending good wishes your way. Stay strong and recover! You can do it! :hugehug:

I hope you can keep us posted while you're there.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This is for you, Jeager:

Just taking this step makes you a hardcore bad*** as far as I'm concerned. :thumbsup:

Strength and courage, Bro.

Last edited:

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
There is no shame in getting help.

There's no shame in getting a drink either because otherwise you might die. Alcohol withdrawal, as you stated, will kill you. Don't kill yourself.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Good luck mate wishing you speedy recovery , yes is needs professional help
12 weeks is not so long in a lifetime

BSM1

What? Me worry?

I'm 42 years sober. It's worth the pain. Hang in there.