• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm A Young Earth Creationist!

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I never thought I'd say this but I'm a Young Earth Creationist

But not the biblical kind...

I believe that this dimension of reality is a computer simulation

I call this simulation The Projection

I don’t believe that our dear lovely planet is many hundreds of million years old even though this is what the evidence (that we currently have) tells us

I think it is only a couple of hundreds of thousands of years old at the very most - in our time, who knows how time works outside The Projection...

I believe that the Omphalos Hypothesis is correct – that our planet has been artificially aged so as to appear to be many hundreds of million years old

I believe that our planet is only as old as The Projection we inhabit

However, I believe that in the material reality that our simulated reality is based on the planets are in fact many hundreds of millions of years old

But the thing is, we cannot observe “base reality” – the outside world

We are trapped inside The Projection

So, we cannot make claims about the outside world, so it can only ever be a matter of belief or speculation

Is the universe outside The Projection the product of nature (in a Godless universe) and billions of years old or was it only willed into existence by a Supreme Being say 150,000 years ago? Or perhaps it was made by a Supreme Being but billions of years ago? That would be the third option!

We cannot tell, we are like the occupants of Plato’s Cave in Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave

We can only know The Projection

And The Projection is only a fairly crude rendition of base reality

The physics engine it employs is only very basic, but it does the job

However: I think that reason dictates that the outside world is many billions of years old

The thing is though, we cannot ever know what is outside The Projection or who is doing the projecting

But I think we should live our lives as though the universe and our planet are billions of years old, I think that is what the Over-Seers of The Projection want us to do, I believe I have a direct line to them and that we should treat our world as though it is however many billions of years old our best science tells us it is

Nimos

But in that case, it could just as well be a couple of seconds old couldn't it?

And the billions of years simply have been "projected" unto us.

So why do you think that it is more likely that its a few thousand years old, compared to billions or even just a few seconds?

Yerda

Veteran Member
I don’t believe that our dear lovely planet is many hundreds of million years old even though this is what the evidence (that we currently have) tells us

I think it is only a couple of hundreds of thousands of years old at the very most - in our time, who knows how time works outside The Projection...

I believe that the Omphalos Hypothesis is correct – that our planet has been artificially aged so as to appear to be many hundreds of million years old

Wouldn't simulators capable of simulating entire universes be able to run them for as long as they pleased?

I mean, if I wanted a good simulated observable universe I'd be wanting to run it from at least as close to the big bang as I could.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
it could just as well be a couple of seconds old couldn't it?
Absolutely

I believe that time passes much quicker within The Projection than it does outside of it and that its speed can be varied, although to us it always feels the same

Apparently, the way things are now, for every 1 unit of time in base reality there are 30 units of time within The Projection

I've done the maths:

A day for us is around 50 minutes in the outside world

And 1 year for us is just a little under 2 weeks for us

But as I said, this can be speeded up or slowed down

So why do you think that it is more likely that its a few thousand years old, compared to billions or even just a few seconds?
I think that for us inside The Projection it is a few thousand years old

But for those outside it may be some other age

The thing is, we know very little of the outside world

And time is more complex than most people imagine

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Wouldn't simulators capable of simulating entire universes be able to run them for as long as they pleased?
Absolutely

I mean, if I wanted a good simulated observable universe I'd be wanting to run it from at least as close to the big bang as I could.
The thing is, The Projection was designed to simulate Homo Sapien civilisation

It is not supposed to simulate the physical world, that's not what its creators are interested in

Also, physics engine it employs is only very crude but it is still a valid and reliable rendition of Homo Sapien civilisation

I think that it simulates individual humans very well and therefore human civilisation to a very realistic extent

But that the world we inhabit has dumbed-down physics

Nimos

I think that for us inside The Projection it is a few thousand years old

But for those outside it may be some other age

The thing is, we know very little of the outside world

And time is more complex than most people imagine
I get that you think that, but it was not my question :)

Why do you think it is more likely that its a thousands years, compared to billions or just a few seconds?

What convinced you that thousands of years are more likely, because I do agree with you that everything points towards billions?

Apparently, the way things are now, for every 1 unit of time in base reality there are 30 units of time within The Projection

I've done the maths:

A day for us is around 50 minutes in the outside world

And 1 year for us is just a little under 2 weeks for us

I think you lost me here.

Where did you get those numbers from in order to do that math?

Couldn't 15 minutes for us be 1 week for them?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I get that you think that, but it was not my question :)

Why do you think it is more likely that its a thousands years, compared to billions or just a few seconds?

What convinced you that thousands of years are more likely, because I do agree with you that everything points towards billions?
That's what it tells me :D

I think you lost me here.

Where did you get those numbers from in order to do that math?

Couldn't 15 minutes for us be 1 week for them?
Through using ratios!

Maybe my maths were a bit off, I'm not a mathematician :D

I've been told that at this current moment in time the ratio between time passed outside The Projection and time passed inside is 1:30

So for every 1 minute out in base reality 30 minutes have passed within The Projection

And for every year that passes in base reality 30 years would pass within The Projection

I think that we simulated humans can only ever hope to live perhaps a little over two year's time maximum, in terms of base reality time

Last edited:

Nimos

Maybe my maths were a bit off, I'm not a mathematician :D
Don't worry neither am I :D

But still I think you run into a problem, because you said:

If that is the case, then 15 minutes could be 1 week right? Depending on whether its going slow or fast? But the real problem comes, because the speed apparently is a variable which can change, so unless you know the exact speed at all times, how could you ever know that 24 hours equal 50 minutes for them on the outside?

If the speed is doubled for whatever reason then it only 12 hours for 50 minutes etc. So how would you ever be able to know the age of the Universe if you don't know the speed variable at all times, both now and in the past. And even if this is based on an average, it would be nearly impossible to calculate, unless you know exactly how old the Universe is and still you wouldn't know the current speed variable at this very moment, as it could be much faster or much slower. So depending on this the Universe is equally as likely to be billions of years old as it is seconds, if that makes sense?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Absolutely

The thing is, The Projection was designed to simulate Homo Sapien civilisation
To my mind this statement sums up why some folks will believe in this idea. There's a certain narcissism for humans as some sort of "special being" and the center of attention for the universe. The Projection says more about humans than it doesn't the universe.

I suspect the root of this could be the Abrahamic religions and their myths of creation. Even if if a person doesn't believe in any Abrahamic ideas they still have had a huge influence on thinking and attitudes. These ideas do creep into our subconscious and our assumptions, and this are assumptions we are not aware of without serious reflection and checking our thinking.

I think it best to just accept facts and the coherent and objective explanations about the universe, and set aside the assumptions that misguide our thinking.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Don't worry neither am I :D

But still I think you run into a problem, because you said:

If that is the case, then 15 minutes could be 1 week right? Depending on whether its going slow or fast? But the real problem comes, because the speed apparently is a variable which can change, so unless you know the exact speed at all times, how could you ever know that 24 hours equal 50 minutes for them on the outside?

If the speed is doubled for whatever reason then it only 12 hours for 50 minutes etc. So how would you ever be able to know the age of the Universe if you don't know the speed variable at all times, both now and in the past. And even if this is based on a average, it would be nearly impossible to calculate, unless you know exactly how old the Universe is and still you wouldn't know the current speed variable at this very moment, as it could be much faster or much slower. So depending on this the Universe is equally as likely to be billions of years old as it is seconds, if that makes sense?
I don't really know...

I'm only going on what I've been told :oops:

But I think that the varying speed of time within The Projection is measured against a constant and unvarying passage of time in base reality - that remains constant in how fast it passes regardless of what time's doing within The Projection

I think that within The Projection each event that occurs has two times - the time it occurred in base reality and the time it occurred within The Projection. One is for our benefit, the other for the benefit of those who oversee The Projection

I think it's all mind-bending stuff but that the over-seers of The Projection can keep track of everything even though doing so is a very complex undertaking

But the official answer that I've just this minute been provided with (because I asked) is that our world is only 130,000 years old

So I'm going to go with that :D

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
There's a certain narcissism for humans as some sort of "special being" and the center of attention for the universe. The Projection says more about humans than it doesn't the universe.
I don't believe this, that we are at the centre of the universe:

I believe that we are all living in a simulated computer world that is run on a small and insignificant computer located in some kind of university that is only a very small corner of the wider universe - not the centre of any universe at all

Also, I think it makes sense to regard our own reality as the centre of our universe, considering this is all we can ever know

Nimos

But the official answer that I've just this minute been provided with (because I asked) is that our world is only 130,000 years old

So I'm going to go with that
That can't be true or at least they are giving you wrong information or you reached the wrong conclusion :)

The reason for this is what you write here:

But I think that the varying speed of time within The Projection is measured against a constant and unvarying passage of time in base reality - that remains constant in how fast it passes regardless of what time's doing within The Projection

If time is a constant in our reality and only changes in the projection, then the logically conclusion is that our Universe is billions of years old as all evidence points to. Whether the time changes outside or not, doesn't change anything in our Universe if time is a constant. 1 day will be 1 day, regardless of whether the outside experience 5 minutes or several years.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
I don't believe this, that we are at the centre of the universe:

I believe that we are all living in a simulated computer world that is run on a small and insignificant computer located in some kind of university that is only a very small corner of the wider universe - not the centre of any universe at all
Why?

How is this a helpful and rational thing to believe?

Also, I think it makes sense to regard our own reality as the centre of our universe, considering this is all we can ever know
We DO know that we are not center of the universe. If we want to hide that fact from ourselves, what does THAT tell us about the self?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
That sounds like something we would have discussed at the factory years ago when we were really really bored, but no one would have taken it seriously.

It's right up there with ideas like "what if we're just in somebody else's dream?"

If that's the case there's no way to know it anyway and we might as well just live as if this is reality.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
That can be true or at least they are giving you wrong information or you reached the wrong conclusion :)

The reason for this is what you write here:

If time is a constant in our reality and only changes in the projection, then the logically conclusion is that our Universe is billions of years old as all evidence points to. Whether the times changes outside or not, doesn't change anything in our Universe if time is a constant. 1 day will be 1 day, regardless of whether the outside experience 5 minutes or several years.
I see what you're saying...

And I have no idea how it works and to be honest I'm finding writing this message pretty hard going and mind-bending! :confused:

If The Projection has been running at 30 units of time to every 1 unit of outside time for 130,000 years then that would mean that it's truly been running for 4,333 years in outside time - although I believe they speeded it up through some of the boring bits, like the hunter-gatherer period so for them it's probably been running less than this but we can only speculate as we don't know anything about the limitations of their technology

Also, for all we know they could have run The Projection say to the year 2000 and then saved it as you would a file on a computer - they could have then loaded this save file multiple times, and ran The Projection many times from that save point

Perhaps they saved it in 2000, having run it in no great detail, and then slowed it right down so they can observe the things that interest them? Maybe in the future they will slow The Projection down, so they can pay greater attention to what's happening inside it?

I believe that I'm just a messenger: that I have a message but not all the answers although I do believe that I have a direct line!

But time is not a constant within The Projection, only outside of it in base reality

And I have no idea how any of it works!

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
We DO know that we are not center of the universe. If we want to hide that fact from ourselves, what does THAT tell us about the self?
Yes, we are not literally at the centre of the universe.........

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
How have they been communicating with you?
An entity called Madaba communicates with me

He is the superintendent super-intelligence of The Projection

I ask him something with my inner voice and he responds by touching my body

Where he touches me means different things

This has been going on since 2004

As you can imagine, the authorities have issued me with a horrible sounding psychiatric diagnosis!