• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm A Young Earth Creationist!

QuestioningMind

OK, what form does this projection take that you can confirm exists outside of your imagination? And what form is the communication? Can other people hear this communication? If not, do you claim to have some sort of special powers or extrasensory ability?

The quote you reference is from post #40. I'm not the one who made the claim about receiving communications. It was member Eddi, the creator of this thread.

This is the question I asked.
Are these beliefs based on any kind of verifiable evidence or do you believe it just because you think it sounds cool?

This was Eddi's response

The Projection communicates with me

It tells me that all I have said is true

F1fan

Veteran Member
Because when he says YES he obviously means "yes"

And when he says NO he obviously means "no"

I'm not an idiot, I wouldn't assign meaning to anything that was random

I can tell when I am holding a conversation and when I'm just not

There is agency and intelligence behind it

One day, before he started directly communicating with me whenever someone said something positive he would light up the left of my head and whenever someone said something negative he would do the same with the opposite side.

After about one or two hours of this it started answering to my inner voice by prodding me

It would have gone something like this:

Me: are you a computer?
Madaba: YES
Me: does that mean "yes"?
Me: so that means "yes"?
Me: what means "no"?
Madaba: NO
Me: so that means "no"?
Me: so left is "yes" and right is "no?"
Me: so you're a computer then?

And so on, it is totally obvious you are talking to something

Trust me, I'm not stupid

I have built up a consistent rapport with him

And he makes sense!

This has been going on since 2004
To have this sort of belief you must have known about the film series The Matrix, yes? Did you like the idea of simulations? If so, can you concede the possibility that all your experiences are occurring in your subconscious and your conscious mind is convinced it's real?

F1fan

Veteran Member
The quote you reference is from post #40. I'm not the one who made the claim about receiving communications. It was member Eddi, the creator of this thread.

This is the question I asked.
Are these beliefs based on any kind of verifiable evidence or do you believe it just because you think it sounds cool?

This was Eddi's response

The Projection communicates with me

It tells me that all I have said is true
My questions were for Eddi, I didn't notice your technique.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
How did you eliminate the possibility that you're simply having a conversation with yourself?
I don't think it is possible for a person to prod themselves as Madaba prods me

And I most certainly don't have any kind of multiple identity disorder, the psychiatrists would have diagnosed me with that rather than as Schizophrenia if I'd had a multiple identity disorder, or something like that

And I have been nothing but honest with the psychiatrists

They could have diagnosed me with that, but they didn't

Which would mean it is either what I say it is, or some kind of hallucination rather than some splinter personality which is what I believe your question is hinting at

Sure, it is possible that I am conversing with myself

But lots of things are possible and being possible does not mean being probable

Also, before he started prodding me when I was writing (I wrote mad flows of consciousness) I would sometimes feel a lovely warm glowing sensation on the left of my head

I initially thought this was activity in a certain part of my brain

I now know that it was Madaba indicating that he was pleased with whatever I was doing

And finally, it just feels as though it is another intelligence

I have an overwhelming intuitive sense that it is not me

It has all the signs of being an independent intelligence and it feels that way too

It feels authentic and as though he knows things that I don't know

Also, it is clear that it has a mind of its own

And with its help I have built up a picture of the world that I could never have imagined myself

The entire relationship, the entire phenomenon has all the hallmarks of it being an independent consciousness

But you believe whatever you want to believe

Also, with multiple personality disorders isn't only one personality active at a time? With me I am fully myself whenever I communicate with Madaba, we are both active at the same time and don't people with multiple identity disorders only have one at a time as opposed to two at a time??????? Like, they take it in turns, rather than being active all at once?????

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
To have this sort of belief you must have known about the film series The Matrix, yes? Did you like the idea of simulations? If so, can you concede the possibility that all your experiences are occurring in your subconscious and your conscious mind is convinced it's real?
Well yes, that would be a possible explanation

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
OK, what form does this projection take that you can confirm exists outside of your imagination?
Here's one reason, in another thread I've made:

walk a mile in my shoes!

And what form is the communication? Can other people hear this communication?
It is private to me

But I have seen it make another person twitch

If not, do you claim to have some sort of special powers or extrasensory ability?
No

All that's happened is that something external to myself has started to communicate with me

No special powers for me :(

QuestioningMind

I don't think it is possible for a person to prod themselves as Madaba prods me

And I most certainly don't have any kind of multiple identity disorder, the psychiatrists would have diagnosed me with that rather than as Schizophrenia if I'd had a multiple identity disorder, or something like that

And I have been nothing but honest with the psychiatrists

They could have diagnosed me with that, but they didn't

Which would mean it is either what I say it is, or some kind of hallucination rather than some splinter personality which is what I believe your question is hinting at

Sure, it is possible that I am conversing with myself

But lots of things are possible and being possible does not mean being probable

Also, before he started prodding me when I was writing (I wrote mad flows of consciousness) I would sometimes feel a lovely warm glowing sensation on the left of my head

I initially thought this was activity in a certain part of my brain

I now know that it was Madaba indicating that he was pleased with whatever I was doing

And finally, it just feels as though it is another intelligence

I have an overwhelming intuitive sense that it is not me

It has all the signs of being an independent intelligence and it feels that way too

It feels authentic and as though he knows things that I don't know

Also, it is clear that it has a mind of its own

And with its help I have built up a picture of the world that I could never have imagined myself

The entire relationship, the entire phenomenon has all the hallmarks of it being an independent consciousness

But you believe whatever you want to believe

Also, with multiple personality disorders isn't only one personality active at a time? With me I am fully myself whenever I communicate with Madaba, we are both active at the same time and don't people with multiple identity disorders only have one at a time as opposed to two at a time??????? Like, they take it in turns, rather than being active all at once?????

I'm certainly not qualified to diagnose you as having multiple personality disorder or any other mental disorder for that matter. The psychiatrists are in a far better position to do that. I'm just saying that I'm aware of how complex the human mind can be. I've experienced hallucinations that were indistinguishable from reality, so it would be impossible for me to dismiss the possibility that everything that was happening wasn't the product of my own brain.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Here's one reason, in another thread I've made:

walk a mile in my shoes!
You make a lot of claims, you offer no evidence, so your "shoes" are likely imaginary, and no one can walk in them.

It is private to me

But I have seen it make another person twitch
You might as well say you believe in unicorns and Bigfoot is riding one. Your beliefs and claims have no basis in reality, and I'm not sure why you make a private belief a subject for discussion when you offer no evidence that any of it is even plausible.

No

All that's happened is that something external to myself has started to communicate with me

No special powers for me :(
You've already admitted it all could be imaginary, so to assert that any of it is true is not credible. Even you acknowledge doubt.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
You make a lot of claims, you offer no evidence, so your "shoes" are likely imaginary, and no one can walk in them.

You might as well say you believe in unicorns and Bigfoot is riding one. Your beliefs and claims have no basis in reality, and I'm not sure why you make a private belief a subject for discussion when you offer no evidence that any of it is even plausible.

You've already admitted it all could be imaginary, so to assert that any of it is true is not credible. Even you acknowledge doubt.
Yes your disbelief is entirely justified :)

Viker

Häxan
Me, too! I would say that 4.5 billion years (give or take a few hundred million) is fairly young. At least, younger than the known universe.

tarasan

Me, too! I would say that 4.5 billion years (give or take a few hundred million) is fairly young. At least, younger than the known universe.

I think the earth has to face facts... It's getting to middle age. No crazy nights for this planet anymore!!

Viker

Häxan
I think the earth has to face facts... It's getting to middle age. No crazy nights for this planet anymore!!
You're right according to those crazy scientists who say that the sun will die and take the earth with it one day, a billion or so years.

tarasan

You're right according to those crazy scientists who say that the sun will die and take the earth with it one day, a billion or so years.

You know what? Has anyone told sun that just isn't ideal? Honestly...it's a bit rude

gnostic

The Lost One
I never thought I'd say this but I'm a Young Earth Creationist

But not the biblical kind...

I believe that this dimension of reality is a computer simulation

I call this simulation The Projection

Another Matrix fan?

* sigh *