• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a Hindu that believes in Jesus

Reggie Miller

I have stated honestly my own experiences with respect to Christianity, not just mere opinions or figments of imagination.

If it can help anyone over here, I would say then my time over here would have been well spent.

You stated your opinion concerning Bible scripture. Your opinion is stacked up against the opinions of men filled with the Holy Spirit.

ajay0

Opinionated nonsense. Can you prove your opinion is true?

Why should I do all the hard work ! You can research yourself whatever you need to know.

Do remember Voltaire's saying, " As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities.'

If you can connect the dots, you will be able to understand the reason why thousands of so-called heretics were burnt at the stake, including Joan , the reason for the crusades and brutal inquisitions .

Nuff said.

Reggie Miller

Why should I do all the hard work ! You can research yourself whatever you need to know.

Do remember Voltaire's saying, " As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities.'

If you can connect the dots, you will be able to understand the reason why thousands of so-called heretics were burnt at the stake, including Joan , the reason for the crusades and brutal inquisitions .

Nuff said.

Not one of the evil things you talk about were endorsed by scripture, rather those people acted contradictory to what the scripture teaches. Neither did any of those people write one word of scripture. So your argument is meaningless.

As for Voltaire, he didn't write any scripture either and was not inspired by God to write scripture. So his opinion is just like yours, no better, no worse.

And of course neither you or anyone has ever or will ever prove one scripture errant because it is inerrant.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know their names. If you really want to know their names you will have to go there and ask them.

And how will I know whom to ask? Do I ask everyone on the street? o_O You gotta give me something to work with.

Jedster

Totally! I think God can be said to be manifest as all forms and in all things. So we are, in the depths of our souls, non-different from God in His Infinity.

I saw my Lord with the eye of my heart.
I said, "Who are you?" he said, "I am You."

-Mansur Al-Hallaj
Nice, here's Kabir
Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat.
My shoulder is against yours.
you will not find me in the stupas, not in Indian shrine
rooms, nor in synagogues, nor in cathedrals:
not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding
around your own neck, nor in eating nothing but
vegetables.

When you really look for me, you will see me
instantly --
you will find me in the tiniest house of time.

Kabir says: Student, tell me, what is God?
He is the breath inside the breath.

Kabir

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Nice ballpark number. It could just as easily have been 65-130. :shrug: The point is that none of those people met Jesus. Or met anyone who met Jesus. Or met his 2nd cousin on his mother's side. By their times he was the equivalent of our Paul Bunyan.
Yes, which is something many saints, prophets, god-(wo)men, sages have taught for millennia.

I too have found many saints, prophets (male and female) sages taught about God's kingdom, however,
'today' most connect God's kingdom as only to govern in Heaven and Not over Earth.
When they pray ' Thy kingdom come ' they connect those words to: Heaven.
Jesus did Not teach to ' take me away to the kingdom ' nor teach ' take me up to the kingdom ' but rather for God's kingdom to come. That would be for God's kingdom to come and govern over Earth. -1 Corinthians 15:24-26

Both Jews and non-Jews admitted Jesus' miracles, but simply did Not ascribe those miracles to Jesus.
- Julian, Celsus, Porphyry, Hierocles admitted the reality of the miracles but denied Jesus as the one who performed them. So, to me, at least the admission of the reality of those miracles taking place is an involuntary confession of such a super-natural happening. - John 6:14

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I doubt whether the Romans who compiled and editted the christian scriptures were filled with the Holy Spirit, after a few centuries of persecuting the Christians brutally .
It is not a matter of showing which is incorrect, the issue is that major important portions of the scriptures have been deleted , and hence the bible is more of an incomplete work, imo , which can lead to confusion and error.
I had read the bible at 16, and though I was charmed by the sweetness of Jesus's character, I could not make much sense or comprehension of the teachings.
It was after going through the teachings of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Taoism and Sufism and works of enlightened masters, that I could make sense of Christianity or Christ's teachings.
Hence the reason why I feel that the original scriptures and teachings of Christ were tampered with by the romans due to unscrupulous editing, making it illogical and incomprehensible.
Christianity, at present, imho, is more of a jigsaw puzzle with its pieces missing. A study of the world religions can help put in the parts together , making it comprehensible and rational.

I found it interesting that you read the Bible at age 16. That is quite commendable.
I found it interesting that you went through the teachings of non-Christians to make sense of Christ's teaching.
Did Jesus teach that his teachings were a jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces.
Rather, Jesus' taught that Scripture is religious truth - John 17:17; John 4:23-24
When the Ethiopian official did Not understand what he was reading what did he do but ask for help.
He asked Philip, a Christian, for help according to Acts of the Apostles 8:30-32

The world's religions can trace their family roots back to: ancient Babylon.
Even astrology gives credit to ancient Babylon.
So, the birth place of non-biblical practices and ideas originated in ancient Babylon - Genesis 10:10
As the people migrated out of ancient Babylon they took with them their non-biblical religious ideas and practices and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.
That is why we see so many similar or overlapping religious concepts in today's religious world.
Especially when the unfaithful Jews began mixing with the Greeks they adopted their philosophies and theories.
Thus Christendom then came into existence. Christendom is ' so-called Christianity ' mostly in name only, and that is why we see a fusion or mixing of teachings in Christendom with the world's religions but those teachings are just being taught as Scripture, but Not really found in Scripture.

As far as the Bible being a puzzle: The framework, or picture frame of the Bible, is God's kingdom government.
The main theme of Jesus teaching is plainly mentioned at Luke 4:43 as God's kingdom.- Matthew 24:14
So, instead of studying the world's non-biblical religions, perhaps you might want to consider a study of the Bible.
Just as the Ethiopian could Not understand on his own, we too need association to help.
We need to pray before we read and study the Bible. We also need to pray for God's spirit to help - Luke 11:13

Last edited:

ajay0

Did Jesus teach that his teachings were a jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces.

Jesus's teachings were whole and complete in itself, but they were tampered with later on by the romans when they made it a state religion, after centuries of brutal persecution of the christians.

It was here on that the biblical scriptures became something of a jigsaw puzzle with some of the pieces missing.

I don't blame the romans much as their proficiency lied in the arts of war, political science and administration, not in spirituality. And it is a bit too much to expect them to gauge spiritual texts accurately and edit them properly.

They probably emphasized the teachings emphasizing passivity, so that the christians who were a rebellious lot, could be more obedient to the Roman state and better controlled. Incidentally terms like 'fascism' and 'machiavellian nature' are legacies of the romans.

They were a barbaric lot who crucified criminals and the innocent, and threw christians to the lions in the colloseum just for the sake of entertainment.

I have no doubt that the scriptures when compiled and editted by these kind of dudes, would have undergone some kind of transformation for the worse.

This is a huge loss not just to Christianity, but to the whole world, as Christianity as a religion could have greatly enriched the west and reduced considerably the number of wars and conflicts that took place over there, including the two world wars. :(

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus's teachings were whole and complete in itself, but they were tampered with later on by the romans when they made it a state religion, after centuries of brutal persecution of the christians.
It was here on that the biblical scriptures became something of a jigsaw puzzle with some of the pieces missing.
I don't blame the romans much as their proficiency lied in the arts of war, political science and administration, not in spirituality. And it is a bit too much to expect them to gauge spiritual texts accurately and edit them properly.
They probably emphasized the teachings emphasizing passivity, so that the christians who were a rebellious lot, could be more obedient to the Roman state and better controlled. Incidentally terms like 'fascism' and 'machiavellian nature' are legacies of the romans.
They were a barbaric lot who crucified criminals and the innocent, and threw christians to the lions in the colloseum just for the sake of entertainment.
I have no doubt that the scriptures when compiled and editted by these kind of dudes, would have undergone some kind of transformation for the worse.
This is a huge loss not just to Christianity, but to the whole world, as Christianity as a religion could have greatly enriched the west and reduced considerably the number of wars and conflicts that took place over there, including the two world wars. :(

Yes, agree Jesus' teachings were tampered with. Tampered by religious leaders.
To me, the Bible is Not at fault because the first-century teachings of Christ are found in the Bible.
Gospel writer Luke forewarned us about such tampering at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30
False shepherds ( wolves in sheeps' clothing ) would fleece the flock of God.
False clergy (Christendom) have put words in Jesus' mouth that never came out of Jesus' mouth, it's as if they are some sort of holy ventriloquists often promoting their own agenda, often political, as if that was Jesus' agenda.
They are the fake ' weed/tares ' Christians who grow together with the genuine ' wheat ' Christians until the ' harvest time ' or the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37

So, Scripture has Not undergone transformation, but church traditions, or church customs, have - Matthew 15:9
Jesus' words also forewarn us that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false - Matthew 7:21-23
So, it is Not the Bible that is wrong, but the wrong teachings about the Bible that is wrong.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I have stated honestly my own experiences with respect to Christianity, not just mere opinions or figments of imagination.

Experience with first-century Christianity as recorded in Scripture, or your experience with Christendom ?
After the first century would end gospel writer Luke forewarned us about false clergy - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30
So, to me, it should Not surprise anyone that Christendom (so-called Christian but mostly in name only) does Not teach the first-century teachings of Jesus, but rather they teach church traditions, or church customs, as being Scripture, when Not really found in Scripture - Mark 7:1-7,13; Matthew 15:9

The Bible is God's Word - Psalms 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Jesus also taught that Scripture is religious truth - John 17:17
That religious truth would set us free from what is religiously false, scripturally false.
So, the teachings of false clergy do Not line up, or add up, to Jesus' teachings.
Thus, such clergy are part of the MANY who ' come in Jesus' name ' but prove false as Jesus said at Matthew 7:21-23

ajay0

Yes, agree Jesus' teachings were tampered with. Tampered by religious leaders.

And also the Romans who compiled and editted it , imho.

If I may ask, why do you feel adamantly that the Romans were a saintly lot who would never do such a thing !

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And also the Romans who compiled and editted it , imho.
If I may ask, why do you feel adamantly that the Romans were a saintly lot who would never do such a thing !

Thank you for your reply. No way were the Romans a saintly lot. Quite the opposite.
The Romans destroyed Jerusalem in the year 70, but they did Not destroy or edit Scripture.
There is No Scripture stating the Romans compiled and edited Scripture.
Rather, Scripture teaches that ALL Scripture is from God - 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Jesus taught that Scripture is religious truth - John 17:17; John 4:23-24

If Scripture was edited, we would Not have the internal harmony among its many writers as we do.
The Bible is full of harmonious corresponding or parallel cross-reference verses and passages.
If tampered with that harmony would Not be there.
To me, what is edited is what false ' weed/tares ' clergy teach as Scripture when Not really found in Scripture.
Christendom with its church customs, its church traditions, which are often outside of Scripture is especially what Rome established at the time of Constantine. - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30
None of that makes the Bible as edited, but makes the teachings of Christendom as out of harmony with the Bible.
Remember: Jesus taught MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false - Matthew 7:21-23
So, Not the teachings of Jesus that are false, but false clergy teachings are false.

ajay0

Thank you for your reply. No way were the Romans a saintly lot. Quite the opposite.
The Romans destroyed Jerusalem in the year 70, but they did Not destroy or edit Scripture.

Then who would have editted the scriptures in the council of constantinople, prior to making it the roman state religion. Obviously the romans would have been involved in that, considering that they were making christianity their state religion after centuries of brutal hostility.

Even at that time there were numerous opposition on doctrine from the Arians , Macedonianism and Apollinarianism.