• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Illogical Atheism and Dual Aspect Monism

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
atheism basically believes that matter isn't panpsychic, or isn't conscious unless it has a brain. but a brain is not necessary for consciousness. electromagnetism is necessary.

so if matter doesn't have consciousness, then why are their atheists? why are their brains? why are their electrical impulses in the brain? electrical impulses in neural networks?

what if consciousness is both a hardware(materialism) and software(panpsychism) thing in relationship to the environment it appears in?

kind of like the particle/wave of light.

And a radical change it truly is. Philosophers and neuroscientists often assume that consciousness is like software, whereas the brain is like hardware. This suggestion turns this completely around. When we look at what physics tells us about the brain, we actually just find software—purely a set of relations—all the way down. And consciousness is in fact more like hardware, because of its distinctly qualitative, non-structural properties. For this reason, conscious experiences are just the kind of things that physical structure could be the structure of.

Given this solution to the hard problem of matter, the hard problem of consciousness all but dissolves. There is no longer any question of how consciousness arises from non-conscious matter, because all matter is intrinsically conscious. There is no longer a question of how consciousness depends on matter, because it is matter that depends on consciousness—as relations depend on relata, structure depends on realizer, or software on hardware.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Atheism is the disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Nothing more, nothing less

Whatever else additional to that you choose to paint atheism with is nothing more than your own misunderstanding

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Atheism is the disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Nothing more, nothing less

Whatever else additional to that you choose to paint atheism with is nothing more than your own misunderstanding
atheists don't believe in spirits either. that is another term for angels, or gods.

the word spirit is a reference to mind in hebrew

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As I recall, Annaka Harris is an example of an atheist who is also a panpsychic.

Fool = Theory

Harris = Reality

Reality wins.

ChristineM

Premium Member
atheists don't believe in spirits either. that is another term for angels, or gods.

the word spirit is a reference to mind in hebrew

Incorrect, it is also a name for ghosts, and i know atheist who believe in ghosts.

And no matter what you throw at it you are not going to change the definition

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
atheism basically believes that matter isn't panpsychic, or isn't conscious unless it has a brain. but a brain is not necessary for consciousness. electromagnetism is necessary.

so if matter doesn't have consciousness, then why are their atheists? why are their brains? why are their electrical impulses in the brain? electrical impulses in neural networks?

what if consciousness is both a hardware(materialism) and software(panpsychism) thing in relationship to the environment it appears in?

And a radical change it truly is. Philosophers and neuroscientists often assume that consciousness is like software, whereas the brain is like hardware. This suggestion turns this completely around. When we look at what physics tells us about the brain, we actually just find software—purely a set of relations—all the way down. And consciousness is in fact more like hardware, because of its distinctly qualitative, non-structural properties. For this reason, conscious experiences are just the kind of things that physical structure could be the structure of.

Given this solution to the hard problem of matter, the hard problem of consciousness all but dissolves. There is no longer any question of how consciousness arises from non-conscious matter, because all matter is intrinsically conscious. There is no longer a question of how consciousness depends on matter, because it is matter that depends on consciousness—as relations depend on relata, structure depends on realizer, or software on hardware.
Fool wrote," atheism basically believes".

Do "Atheism" believe anything, please?
If yes, then kindly quote from "Atheism", that is with consensus, please.
Right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Incorrect, it is also a name for ghosts, and i know atheist who believe in ghosts.

And no matter what you throw at it you are not going to change the definition
i know chrisitans that are atheists. big deal. its not my problem that another doesn't know the full extent of a language.

it even claims emphatically in the NT that god is spirit or god = spirit

john 4:24

ChristineM

Premium Member

If yes, then please quote from "Atheism", please, that is with consensus.
Right, please?

Regards

I am an atheist and i believe lots of things including that you have no clue what an atheist is desperate being informed several times to my knowledge

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

If yes, then please quote from "Atheism", please, that is with consensus.
Right, please?

Regards
yes there are what are called negative beliefs.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Your OP might be very true for you as a spiritual being, but for an atheist who hold no belief in something more then this physical existance on earth, your OP might not mean anything.
An atheist might even say that believing in the unseen spiritual realm is silly or wrong. But if a person can not "see" the spiritual realms that religion or spiritual teaching talk about how should they be able to understand it?, it does not mean they are more or less illogical:)

To hold a belief in spiritual realm is just as illogical to an atheist as it is for a spiritual/religious person to be an atheist.

ChristineM

Premium Member
i know chrisitans that are atheists. big deal. its not my problem that another doesn't know the full extent of a language.

it even claims emphatically in the NT that god is spirit or god = spirit

john 4:24

You made a statement, (again) and seem unwilling to justify it but instead fire straw man after straw man
Nothing new there.

The definition is precisely, you want to make up language then get it published by dictionaries then we can all know what you are dreaming about

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Your OP might be very true for you as a spiritual being, but for an atheist who hold no belief in something more then this physical existance on earth, your OP might not mean anything.
An atheist might even say that believing in the unseen spiritual realm is silly or wrong. But if a person can not "see" the spiritual realms that religion or spiritual teaching talk about how should they be able to understand it?, it does not mean they are more or less illogical:)

To hold a belief in spiritual realm is just as illogical to an atheist as it is for a spiritual/religious person to be an atheist.
spiritual literally means mental. you're claiming atheists don't have mental capacity?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You made a statement, (again) and seem unwilling to justify it but instead fire straw man after straw man
Nothing new there.

The definition is precisely, you want to make up language then get it published by dictionaries then we can all know what you are dreaming about
you made a statement, i turned the language around on you. again not my problem that you are limited to a single word that can be interchangable with it's synonyms

ChristineM

Premium Member
you made a statement, i turned the language around on you. again not my problem that you are limited to a single word that can be interchangable with it's synonyms

the dictionary definition is precise turn around whatever you want, you will be wrong.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
spiritual literally means mental. you're claiming atheists don't have mental capacity?
They have of course mental capacity:) they can think just as you can do with the brain :)
Spiritual might mean mental to you in your understanding, spiritual can also mean the capacity to understand the unseen realm of spiritual beings. Practicing spiritual teaching opens up the mind to "see" from within our mind without using the physical eyes. You see with your minds eye so to speak.
This is a part some atheists will be sceptical to. But that is of course ok.