• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'll go ahead and say it

Just_me_Mike

:eek:
I see lots of snide remarks about "I am surprised they don't blame the Jews", or "at least it is not the evil gays this time"

I couldn't help but wonder.....

Did there ever exist in the 1950's or before then, a black Jewish homosexual cross dresser transvestite? I can not think of many more unlucky things to be in the 1950's living in Mississippi USA.

I mean if you were born black and also Jewish, but then realized your were homosexual, but also liked to dress in woman's clothing, you would have been the epitome of unlucky.

Oh how times have changed! :sarcastic

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
The only black Jews are Tanzanians, Ethiopians, or converts. Transvestism has adopted a more exclusive definition than what you're using. Typically the word is only associated with heterosexuals who dress as the other gender. A gay cross-dresser is typically a transsexual.

That said, I don't doubt at least three parts of the criteria were met. Transvestitism was obviously kept further back in the closet than today, but it was not unheard of - you just had to do a better job at hiding. Black gays were aplenty. A few of MLK's more radical associates were gay.

Last edited:

Just_me_Mike

The only black Jews are Tanzanians, Ethiopians, or converts. Transvestism has adopted a more exclusive definition than what you're using. Typically the word is only associated with heterosexuals who dress as the other gender. A gay cross-dresser is a transsexual.

That said, I don't doubt at least three parts of the criteria were met. Transvestitism was obviously kept further back in the closet than today, but it was not unheard of - you just had to do a better job at hiding. Black gays were aplenty. A few of MLK's more radical associates were gay.
Good info thanks!