• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you're the bible's God, what will you feel and do if Abraham obey/reject to sacrifice his son?

If you're the bible's God, what will you feel and do if Abraham obey to sacrifice his son?

• I'll feeling sad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll feeling angry.

• I'll feeling disappointed.

• I'll punish Abraham.

• I don't know what i'll feel and do.

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pudding

Regardless whether the bible's stories are fact or not, regardless whether God exists or not...

If you're the bible's God... You want to test Abraham. You order Abraham to sacrifice his son as a burnt offering to you.

(1) How would you feel, what will you do to Abraham, if Abraham obey to sacrifice his son?
Will you feeling happy/sad/angry/disappointed or anything else? Will you bless, or will you punish Abraham for his obedience?

(2) How would you feel, what will you do to Abraham, if Abraham reject to sacrifice his son?
Will you feeling happy/sad/angry/disappointed/envy or anything else? Will you bless, or will you punish Abraham because he reject to sacrifice his son?

In the bible story, Abraham obey to sacrifice his son. Approximately one second before he sacrifice his son, God stop him, told him not to sacrifice his son. A ram appeal near Abraham, he took the ram and sacrifice it instead of sacrifice his son. After that God bless Abraham for his obedience (he had attempted to sacrifice his son and had not withheld his son).

(3) If you're Abraham. Will you obey to sacrifice your son even if God will not stop you from sacrifice your son?

(4) If you're Abraham's son, what will you feel and do?

(5) If you're that ram, what will you feel and do?

(I might not be participate in this discussion, so please feel free to discuss/debate with other people here.)

Last edited:

calm

If you're the bible's God..
To think so is blasphemy to me as a Christian. So I'm not gonna answer your questions.

Interestingly many do not know that the devil was the trigger for this event.
One day Satan came to God and said to him,
"Abraham truly loves his son Isaac and above all has his pleasure in him.
Tell him to offer him as a burnt offering on the altar, and you will see if he carries out this command, and you will see if he is faithful to you!"
The devil believed that Abraham would oppose God, but thank God Abraham did not, because if Abraham had really oppose God, the blessing and the covenant would not have come upon him. Then Jesus would not have come into the world and thus all people would be lost.

leov

Regardless whether the bible's stories are fact or not, regardless whether God exists or not...

If you're the bible's God... You want to test Abraham. You order Abraham to sacrifice his son as a burnt offering to you.

(1) How would you feel, what will you do to Abraham, if Abraham obey to sacrifice his son?
Will you feeling happy/sad/angry/disappointed or anything else? Will you bless, or will you punish Abraham for his obedience?

(2) How would you feel, what will you do to Abraham, if Abraham reject to sacrifice his son?
Will you feeling happy/sad/angry/disappointed/envy or anything else? Will you bless, or will you punish Abraham because he reject to sacrifice his son?

In the bible story, Abraham obey to sacrifice his son. Approximately one second before he sacrifice his son, God stop him, told him not to sacrifice his son. A ram appeal near Abraham, he took the ram and sacrifice it instead of sacrifice his son. After that God bless Abraham for his obedience (he had attempted to sacrifice his son and had not withheld his son).

(3) If you're Abraham. Will you obey to sacrifice your son even if God will not stop you from sacrifice your son?

(4) If you're Abraham's son, what will you feel and do?

(5) If you're that ram, what will you feel and do?

(I might not be participate in this discussion, so please feel free to discuss/debate with other people here.)
it was not to test Abraham, it was a message : God does not want human sacrifices.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
If I were the Bible's god, which of course I could never be, such a thing not existing, I couldn't do anything other than say, "good for you, Abe -- stand up for what you know is right, and don't do what you know to be wrong just because some strongman (like me) says so.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
If it’s a test, you either pass it or you fail it.

Abraham passed it....so your questions are meaningless.

God was never going to allow him to carry it out anyway. Look for the symbolism.....as hard as it must have been for both Abraham and his son to comply with the request, it actually demonstrated how God felt when he needed to sacrifice his only begotten son.
It also showed the willingness of both the sons to be sacrificed. Both could have chosen to resist. There is a deeper meaning.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
To think so is blasphemy to me as a Christian. So I'm not gonna answer your questions.

Tell him to offer him as a burnt offering on the altar, and you will see if he carries out this command, and you will see if he is faithful to you!"
The devil believed that Abraham would oppose God, but thank God Abraham did not, because if Abraham had really oppose God, the blessing and the covenant would not have come upon him. Then Jesus would not have come into the world and thus all people would be lost.

What Bible do you read?

74x12

it was not to test Abraham, it was a message : God does not want human sacrifices.
The message is greater. As it points to Christ. God will provide the sacrifice of His own Son who will be through the lineage of Isaac.
Paul claimed that Abraham was going to do it and that Abraham believed God would raise Isaac from the dead. Abraham knew for sure that God had more plans for Isaac because Isaac was the promised seed.

This also foreshadows Christ the Son of God who would rise from the dead.

leov

The message is greater. As it points to Christ. God will provide the sacrifice of His own Son who will be through the lineage of Isaac.
Paul claimed that Abraham was going to do it and that Abraham believed God would raise Isaac from the dead. Abraham knew for sure that God had more plans for Isaac because Isaac was the promised seed.

human sacrifices , God did not want the future Sons of Israel to pick up such practice, that is only thing they would able to understand at that point.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
hmmmm…...let's say I need someone to do something really difficult

and no line drawn will stop him

any man willing to kill his own son.....for the sake of obedience
would do ANY thing I say

any thing

leov

Abraham accepted God as truth.

sooda

Veteran Member

Abraham came down the mountain alone.

leov

Did you read the link? I didn’t think so.
Link is another opinion, Abraham was archetype and obedience was a key, but he had empathy and that was what God was looking for. Abraham argued with God trying to save people of S and G.

sooda

Veteran Member
Link is another opinion, Abraham was archetype and obedience was a key, but he had empathy and that was what God was looking for. Abraham argued with God trying to save people of S and G.
See genesis 22:22