• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you're God, if you regret making humans, what will you do?

If you're the Bible's God, you regret making the humans in Bible's story, what will you do?

• Exterminate them all, no exception.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Convince them all to become good people in a way which violate their freewill.

• You cannot find a way to convince them all to become good people without violate their freewill.

• Exterminate them all is the Best solution in order to purify the world.

• Total voters

Pudding

In Bible's story in genesis, humans gone corrupted and God regret making humans, so he drown everyone except 8 people and some animals.

Regardless the God is fiction or not...

If you're the Bible's God, you regret making the humans in Bible's story, (your omnipotent and omniscient power are at your disposal, you're the smartest and most loving being ever existed), what will you do?

(I might not be participate in this discussion, so please feel free to discuss/debate with other people here.)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Take away ALL the things that are none appreciated and let them live without the goodness they abuse. Have them come up with everything on their entire own just to make it tolerable to live.

The beauty of free will is that a person heart fully and willfully chooses goodness. The downside of that is many will arrogantly choose to be criminals and seek harms and damages of all that is good.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The whole situation is absurd, even as fiction. An omniscient and omnipotent creator would not do something it regrets. Free will is an incoherent concept, except in the compatibilist sense and that makes no sense with respect to omniscient and omnipotent creator.

Basically it's all just too silly take at all seriously.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I voted go to another planet and start over again

But I think if I was in such a situation I'd simply forsake humankind and spend my time and effort on the other civilisations that exist in the universe

Earth would literally become a "God forsaken place"!

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In Bible's story in genesis, humans gone corrupted and God regret making humans, so he drown everyone except 8 people and some animals.

If you're the Bible's God, you regret making the humans in Bible's story, (your omnipotent and omniscient power are at your disposal, you're the smartest and most loving being ever existed), what will you do?

(I might not be participate in this discussion, so please feel free to discuss/debate with other people here.)
You shorten their life span; so they are forced to have a spiritual experience without a carnal experience.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The whole situation is absurd, even as fiction. An omniscient and omnipotent creator would not do something it regrets. Free will is an incoherent concept, except in the compatibilist sense and that makes no sense with respect to omniscient and omnipotent creator.

Basically it's all just too silly take at all seriously.
I fully agree, and I consider the whole story of Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden a metaphorical story that has many possible meanings: 30: ADAM AND EVE

As to what believers believe that God did when Adam ate the apple I consider that an anthropomorphism of God.
God is infallible, all-knowing and all-wise, so God cannot make a mistake, and as such God cannot have regrets.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't use a flood. I'd use a giant tank that drove around the world continuously crushing people.

Then I'd flip the continents upside down, just to make sure nothing got away.

To save the eight I'd use a balloon, so they'd be scared out of their willies hanging up in the sky under a balloon.

Finally as the Earth cooled and the dirt started to come back I'd bring them down just a little too fast, so it would seem like they were going to get scorched until the last moment.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
If I were the God described in the Bible, I would regret creating anyone in my image.

Ciao

- viole

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Learn from my mistakes start over.
Erase the current universe from history so it never existed.

No one gets exterminated, they just never exist/existed.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
well.....He drowned a lot of people....AND

and He sent two angels to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah

ten plagues into Egypt

etc...etc....etc....

and extinction is pending no matter what

If you're the Bible's God, you regret making the humans in Bible's story, (your omnipotent and omniscient power are at your disposal, you're the smartest and most loving being ever existed), what will you do?...

In the Bible the actual reason is that people were evil and violent. So, if I would be in the same situation where all except 8 would be utterly evil, I would be very sorry, because I think I could not allow evil to continue forever, but it would also be very difficult to end the life of those evil people. Maybe I would end the evil life, even though it would be really difficult.

What would you do, if all but 8 people would be utterly evil and make life miserable suffering for all?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

God is perfect, so whatever really happened will be the right thing

IF the story is true that all except 8 were drowned (and some animals)
THEN that is what I would also do, IF I were God, because God is perfect

BUT maybe the story is not accurate
THEN
IF I were God I would do what God really did

Assuming the story is accurate, I choose the same option as given in the Bible

night912

Since I would be the smartest being, my answer must be the smartest, and the smartest answer is, get rid of my regret.