• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If your house is being haunted by a poltergeist(ghost or demon)do you think an exorcism.Could get rid of it?Does it depend on the religion?

Frank Goad

If your house is being haunted by a poltergeist(ghost or demon)do you think an exorcism.Could get rid of it?Does it depend on the religion?:)

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why? Poltergeists are harmless.
Yeah, they do not need any space in the house. Make them friends. They can live in an attic or a basements. They could help us at times. Request them not to let thieves/robbers enter the house. No better safety then them.

This ghost was as great friend of the child.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I believe my house has several.

I have what I call 'resident' spirits in my house that have decided to stick around, as well as other spirits who come and go as they please.

I would never exorcise them.

Neither do I, unless a spirit is negative and is wrecking havoc in my house all the time.

They are fun and funny, take up no space, are protective, and have just as much right to be in the house as I do.

I feel exactly the same about the spirits who reside in my house and those who pass through. My family and I don't mind coexisting with them.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
An exorcism may be entertaining to ghosts.

It will most likely infuriate the spirits and cause them to lash out and wreck havoc even more than before. If a spirit doesn't want to vacate a premises and a living person tries to force them out, then the spirit will often retaliate with a vengeance, and the outcome is rarely favorable for the living. I've always recommended to anyone who has a problem with a spirit or spirits in their home that they allow me or another medium (or a shaman) to come to their house and try to make peace with the spirit(s). If this doesn't work, then it's time to banish the spirit(s) and properly ward the house for spiritual protection.

If someone asks me if they should contact a priest, I'll say no the majority of the time. In my experience, having a priest come over to exorcise a spirit is akin to pouring gasoline on a roaring fire and expecting the gasoline to put out the flames. I've rarely seen a positive outcome from having a priest come to someone's house to cleanse and bless it. I have, however, volunteered to go to someone's house and clean up the mess that a priest made by spewing religious nonsense that royally pi**ed off the spirit or spirits residing in the home. I had to reestablish communication with the spirit(s) and restore calm.

Frank Goad

It will most likely infuriate the spirits and cause them to lash out and wreck havoc even more than before. If a spirit doesn't want to vacate a premises and a living person tries to force them out, then the spirit will often retaliate with a vengeance, and the outcome is rarely favorable for the living. I've always recommended to anyone who has a problem with a spirit or spirits in their home that they allow me or another medium (or a shaman) to come to their house and try to make peace with the spirit(s). If this doesn't work, then it's time to banish the spirit(s) and properly ward the house for spiritual protection.

If someone asks me if they should contact a priest, I'll say no the majority of the time. In my experience, having a priest come over to exorcise a spirit is akin to pouring gasoline on a roaring fire and expecting the gasoline to put out the flames. I've rarely seen a positive outcome from having a priest come to someone's house to cleanse and bless it. I have, however, volunteered to go to someone's house and clean up the mess that a priest made by spewing religious nonsense that royally pi**ed off the spirit or spirits residing in the home. I've had to reestablish contact with the spirit(s) and make peace again.
I read in a book that living people can go out of body.And do the same things poltergeists do.And return to their bodies when done.Is that true?:confused:

Last edited:

CharmingOwl

Florida Water and sage will clear negative energies and evil spirits while allowing the more enlightened ones to stay, which is what you would want IMO. Otherwise you could simply ask them to leave if you do not want them in the house, most people just do not think about that.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I read in a book that living people can go out of body.And do the same things poltergeists do.And return to their bodies when done.Is that true?:confused:

While I have experienced astral projection, I've never attempted to manipulate objects like a poltergeist in the midst of the experience. So, I can't answer your question with certainty. However, just because I haven't had this experience doesn't mean that others who also experience astral projection have not.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd counter any evidence of poltergeist activity I found by screening the window in my back door.
There's a cat feed station only a couple meters from the door, and it's visited by half a dozen raccoons on any given night.

Poltergeists in the house -- unlikely. Raccoons -- likely.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We all live with the ghosts of our past. Accepting to exist with them is better rather than trying to exorcise them.

Last edited:

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
If your house is being haunted by a poltergeist(ghost or demon)do you think an exorcism.Could get rid of it?Does it depend on the religion?:)

I'm generally "live and let non-live" except in one house that had a baneful spirit, eventually had my coven over to do a banishing and cleansing. Problem solved.