• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If your deity asked you to kill your child, would you do it?

If your deity asked you to kill your child would you do it?

• Yes

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • I do not believe in a deity.

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Both. Dharma is my law, and if the Lord told me to kill my baby, i would refuse. Dharma comes from Narayana, so he would be going against that. This whole scenario is weird. The child he wants me to kill has done nothing wrong, and is in fact a part of the Lord himself.

Even from a Buddhist perspective, it is contradictory to kill someone you are trying to save from suffering.

Dont understand the logic.

use_your_brain

How does killing your child please god?

How does the death of someone else please you so that you can please god?

Do you see that a bit odd in general?
Does God ever tell us to do so? Remember, it is a hypothetical question.
"
If your deity asked you to eat your poop would you do it?
"
I would obey Him.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Does God ever tell us to do so? Remember, it is a hypothetical question.

True. It is hypothetical. When I answered, I said I would not if I had a child and if I believed in god. My morals wouldnt change because the question is hypothetical.

Your answer baffles me, to tell you honestly. Hypothetically, how does killing please god?

use_your_brain

True. It is hypothetical. When I answered, I said I would not if I had a child and if I believed in god. My morals wouldnt change because the question is hypothetical.

Your answer baffles me, to tell you honestly. Hypothetically, how does killing please god?

The reason why I would obey Him, because I am afraid of His wrath that may make me go to hell.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Even from a Buddhist perspective, it is contradictory to kill someone you are trying to save from suffering.

Dont understand the logic.
I understand Carlita. But one who makes people suffer, will suffer him/herself.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don't know, does God order us to do so?

Since this is a hypothetical question, the OP is suggesting if he does would we go through with it.

Im against killing no matter who tells me to do so. I dont see how killing should or could please anyone. God included.

How does that work out?

use_your_brain

Since this is a hypothetical question, the OP is suggesting if he does would we go through with it.

Im against killing no matter who tells me to do so. I dont see how killing should or could please anyone. God included.

How does that work out?
I am afraid of Him, afraid of His hell.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The reason why I would obey Him, because I am afraid of His wrath that may make me go to hell.

I understand. Do you understand that is the point of sacrificing your life (no matter how you die and by whom) is so that your child can live?

Many parents would give up their life for their child by earthly means but when god comes in the picture,somehow that seems different. There isnt any exclusions to the hypothetial question (as far as I know of).

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I don't know, does God order us to do so?

YUSUFALI: But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

use_your_brain

I understand. Do you understand that is the point of sacrificing your life (no matter how you die and by whom) is so that your child can live?

Many parents would give up their life for their child by earthly means but when god comes in the picture,somehow that seems different. There isnt any exclusions to the hypothetial question (as far as I know of).
Does God ever tell us to kill our child?

use_your_brain

YUSUFALI: But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
Good.