• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you were to live your life over again

David T

Premium Member
Not bad.
And there's a zeroth law.

Whuh?
Everything is made of the identically matter we call it energy. An I beam of x weight which equals it's total energy as we weigh it. tossed in the ocean it will eventually have zero energy it's weight will be zero. It is not that it go into does not exist land because does not exist land does not exist. Entropy is the shift of energy from x to zero of any given object to have measurable existence.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Everything is made of the identically matter we call it energy. An I beam of x weight which equals it's total energy. As we weigh it. tossed in the ocean it will eventually have zero energy it's weight will be zero. It is not that it go into does not exist land because does not exist land does not exist. Entropy is the shift of energy from x to zero of any given object to have measurable existence.
You're losing me.

David T

Premium Member
You're losing me.
The weight of steel is the amount.of stored energy. Uranium is extremely heavy It's also extremely unstable. It's nuclear atomic bonds are extremely weak and unstable. Steel bonds are extremely stable. Is why uranium is used in nuclear bombs not steel or lead. . If uranium is properly compressed and that is tricky , the increase of heat under compression is compounded by the issue of weak bonds of the atomic structure. . It's goes bang really big because that much energy exist in one pound. Not one pound of uranium vs 1 lb of steel, but one pound. E=mc2. The energy is released nearly instantly and starts from high and drops to nothing or zero value. That's entropy. Energy starts high and drops To zero or ground state not measurable. If I am not mistaken, nuclear bombs are a bit like magnesium. Much much lower heat less precise is required to set it off but once you do it fires itself off.

Btw I had to go back and edit I was mixing the way larger molecular terms. with atomic levels in my text usage. There is differences. But hey I was a life sciences major marine biology.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The weight of steel is the amount.of stored energy. Uranium is extremely heavy It's also extremely unstable. It's nuclear atomic bonds are extremely weak and unstable. Steel bonds are extremely stable. Is why uranium is used in nuclear bombs not steel or lead. . If uranium is properly compressed and that is tricky , the increase of heat under compression is compounded by the issue of weak bonds of the molecule. It's goes bang really big because that much energy exist in one pound. Not one pound of uranium vs 1 lb of steel, but one pound. E=mc2. The energy is released nearly instantly and starts from high and drops to nothing or zero value. That's entropy. Energy starts high and drops To zero or ground state not measurable. If I am not mistaken, nuclear bombs are a bit like magnesium. Much much lower heat less precise is required to set it off but once you do it fires itself off.
I'm lost here because you haven't defined the system boundaries.

David T

Premium Member
I'm lost here because you haven't defined the system boundaries.
Oh we would get along great. This is a Great beer conversation in a pub with my ADHD moments "did you see that she is, magical"...I am looking at it just from energy itself and of course you are the mechanical engineer, there is no disagreement between us at all.

Entropy does not allow for any perpetual motion machine to ever exist. EVER and that I hold to be absolute. None has ever been built none will never be built impossible no where in nature does it, exist. A closed system is the machine and forever ot will just sit there. But if we run an extension cord, or a battery viola it runs. In a sense we,raise the energy, and the energy drops through mechanical action.

Now in modern cosmology lala land many say there is no such thing as a free lunch except the cosmos. I say prove it build, a perpetual motion machine, I want proof. Since no proof will ever be presented it's nonsense.

We might as well believe that Michelangelos cistene chapel ceiling paintings are photographs logging historical events. Of course I find that insulting to art!!!! Thus often times religion insulting itself right smack there in dumminess. But hey that's normal!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh we would get along great. This is a Great beer conversation in a pub with my ADHD moments "did you see that she is, magical"...I am looking at it just from energy itself and of course you are the mechanical engineer, there is no disagreement between us at all.

Entropy does not allow for any perpetual motion machine to ever exist. EVER and that I hold to be absolute. None has ever been built none will never be built impossible no where in nature does it, exist. A closed system is the machine and forever ot will just sit there. But if we run an extension cord, or a battery viola it runs. In a sense we,raise the energy, and the energy drops through mechanical action.

Now in modern cosmology lala land many say there is no such thing as a free lunch except the cosmos. I say prove it build, a perpetual motion machine, I want proof. Since no proof will ever be presented it's nonsense.

We might as well believe that Michelangelos cistene chapel ceiling paintings are photographs logging historical events. Of course I find that insulting to art!!!! Thus often times religion insulting itself right smack there in dumminess. But hey that's normal!!
No argument here.

David T

Premium Member
No argument here.
Told ya. we were saying the same thing looking at it 2 different ways. That's just on a somewhat simple topic. Flip that up into origins which this site is really about and it's infinitely more convoluted and confusing.

Araceli Cianna

I wish my mum didn't marry her abusive ex husband. That set me up with difficulties for life. It's triggered numerous autoimmune conditions in me. She was with him 16 years, I'd rather she'd have been a single mum distantly supported from my dad who was/is friendly and rich. That's it really, everything wrong in my life comes down to that abuse, and I often think how much different things would've been otherwise, how I'd be healthy and have a happy and loved childhood, a career that I enjoy and a proper friendship group. I have been isolated and miserable my whole life, it's not been fun.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wish my mum didn't marry her abusive ex husband. That set me up with difficulties for life. It's triggered numerous autoimmune conditions in me. She was with him 16 years, I'd rather she'd have been a single mum distantly supported from my dad who was/is friendly and rich. That's it really, everything wrong in my life comes down to that abuse, and I often think how much different things would've been otherwise, how I'd be healthy and have a happy and loved childhood, a career that I enjoy and a proper friendship group. I have been isolated and miserable my whole life, it's not been fun.
You have us at RF now.
(That too can be overcome.)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If you were to live your life over again, but were permitted to make some changes what would they be?

I would have wished my birth family to have been non religious, as the god bit spoilt my childhood. I also wish my husband hadn't had a burst aneurysm in 2006, which caused him substantial brain damage. Apart from that I don't think I have done too badly.

all humans have beliefs, unfortunately not all humans question and test their beliefs against reality.

spirituality, mentality, isn't exclusive to theists.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
If you were to live your life over again, but were permitted to make some changes what would they be?

I would have wished my birth family to have been non religious, as the god bit spoilt my childhood. I also wish my husband hadn't had a burst aneurysm in 2006, which caused him substantial brain damage. Apart from that I don't think I have done too badly.

Great topic!

If I could do my life over with the knowledge I have now, if such is permitted, I'd be a better son. I'd focus more on education and college early on. I would adopt a more selfish attitude about my own success instead of worrying about other people on my team (I learned that you're not always rewarded with a scholarship by simply being a team player in sports). I would have gotten my braces a lot sooner and began to have more confidence in myself early on.