• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you were to have the power to do so, would you...

Jonathan Bailey

create a living being in your own image and give this being a free will?

Why is man bad?

All because of the free will given him by God. Man is a bad design from the beginning.
A free will is the pinnacle of human imperfection.

If I were building a computer and I don't want it to commit errors, I would strive to program it not to do such.

I would want my creation to conform strictly to MY will.

I can see how religious faith can get really trying and very tough to maintain in such a world filled with misery, suffering, war, poverty, selfishness, greed, cruelty, death, destruction, illness, deformity of babies, handicaps, gross bodily functions (as BO, vomiting, defecation and urination), filth, squalor, crime, unjust killings, unjustified anger, hatred, bullying, cowardice, destructive natural events, loneliness, ignorance, thoughtlessness, carelessness, negligence, irresponsibility, lies, deception, violence, hunger, famine, drought, pestilence, overpopulation, pollution, government corruption and environmental decay.

Is the devil really the Father of All the World's Troubles? Isn't God more powerful than the devil? Why does the devil seem to prevail in this world?

The world really looks and feels like hell to me.

Last edited:

JJ50

Humans are creating robots with intelligence. Maybe in the future they will be living and breathing too.

Jonathan Bailey

Humans are creating robots with intelligence. Maybe in the future they will be living and breathing too.
A creation is as only as good as its creator.

A creation should be expected to be no
better than its creator.

The human race is junk and thus makes junk.

By this logic, God is junk also, unless you believe the devil turned an otherwise perfect creation, man, into junk.

JJ50

A creation is as only as good as its creator.

A creation should be expected to be no
better than its creator.

The human race is junk and thus makes junk.

By this logic, God is junk also, unless you believe the devil turned an otherwise perfect creation, man, into junk.

Why do you describe the human race as junk?

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
It has been created and continues to be upgraded.
No one aside a fool would be so nasty. That does not mean that another would be responsible for ones becoming.

"From an inconstruable beginning comes transmigration. A beginning point is not evident, though beings hindered by ignorance and fettered by craving are transmigrating & wandering on. What do you think, monks: Which is greater, the tears you have shed while transmigrating & wandering this long, long time — crying & weeping from being joined with what is displeasing, being separated from what is pleasing — or the water in the four great oceans?"​

We were created by the Anunnaki, aliens who came from another planet who depleted their own planet of gold and were too lazy to mine the gold here themselves, so they made human slaves without free wills. They were all men.

Some rebel aliens in the group felt sorry for the human slave men, and made human females so the men could reproduce.

Then it was proposed by the same rebel aliens that the humans also needed free will, and our original alien creator had problems controlling us, instituted rules and worship out of fear, and things just got out of control from there.

JJ50

No one aside a fool would be so nasty. That does not mean that another would be responsible for ones becoming.

"From an inconstruable beginning comes transmigration. A beginning point is not evident, though beings hindered by ignorance and fettered by craving are transmigrating & wandering on. What do you think, monks: Which is greater, the tears you have shed while transmigrating & wandering this long, long time — crying & weeping from being joined with what is displeasing, being separated from what is pleasing — or the water in the four great oceans?"​

Your post makes no sense at all.

JJ50

We were created by the Anunnaki, aliens who came from another planet who depleted their own planet of gold and were too lazy to mine the gold here themselves, so they made human slaves without free wills. They were all men.

Some rebel aliens in the group felt sorry for the human slave men, and made human females so the men could reproduce.

Then it was proposed by the same rebel aliens that the humans also needed free will, and our original alien creator had problems controlling us, instituted rules and worship out of fear, and things just got out of control from there.
:D

Jonathan Bailey

Why do you describe the human race as junk?
Because this world looks largely like crap to mine eyes and I think man is the greatest single contributor to the crappiness of this planet. Man makes things rotten for himself.

Last edited:

JJ50

Because this world looks largely like crap to mine eyes and I think man is the greatest single contributor to the crappiness of this planet. Man makes things rotten for himself.
How sad, that you can't see there is a lot of good things humans do too.

David T

Premium Member

Why is man bad?

All because of the free will given him by God. Man is a bad design from the beginning.

If I were building a computer and I don't want it to commit errors, I would strive to program it not to do such.

I can see how religious faith can get really trying and very tough to maintain in such a world filled with misery, suffering, war, poverty, selfishness, greed, cruelty, death, destruction, illness, deformity of babies, handicaps, gross bodily functions (as BO, vomiting, defecation and urination), filth, squalor, crime, unjust killings, unjustified anger, hatred, bullying, cowardice, destructive natural events, loneliness, ignorance, thoughtlessness, carelessness, negligence, irresponsibility, lies, deception, violence, hunger, famine, drought, pestilence, overpopulation, pollution, government corruption and environmental decay.

Is the devil really the Father of All the World's Troubles? Isn't God more powerful than the devil? Why does the devil seem to prevail in this world?

"create"

A rather singular word that can create such unmitigated chaos is phenomenal.

I can create an entire reality predicated on it.

I created my daughter.

I created existence

I created me.

To create, should be a word never created because words themseves are a creation by creators babbling on about

Create....

As an artist personally i find it annoying. Try actually doing something. Actually create something other than creating on about create.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That is exactly what YHWH/God/Allah did. He gave humans free will so that they will make mistakes. He sent messengers after messengers, each claiming to be one better than the other, so that humans could fight about it. And in the end, he would say 'you did wrong' and send them to eternal hell and see them being fried. He did the same with Adam. Kept all the ammunition around, Eve, Serpent and the apple; and disappeared from the scene. And then threw them to Earth to suffer. Who was at fault? Adam? Eve? Then he said 'All humans are born sinners'. Or did Jesus say that? God is a sadist.
I have that power. I am woman (hear me roar).
Women are power. We have always believed that. You don't have to roar. It will harm your lyrinx.

durga-mata-statue-250x250.jpg
Mother Durga

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member

Why is man bad?

Of course I would. One of me isnt very many.
AND, "You're never alone, when you're a clone"

Audie

Veteran Member

That is really too bad. You get one shot at life,
in all of eternity.
Things got so bad for me at one point, that
I was one knee hooked over the balcony
rail, 17 floors above the sidewalk In HK.

Things are a lot better for me now!
I hope you can say the same, some day.

Reactions: Jim