• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you were the "All" or "Creator", how would you deliver your message to creation?

buddhist

Disregarding your current religion or belief system, let's say you were the All (aka the Creator, the Almighty, God, etc., whatever you wish to call it). Let's also say that you had a message for your creation.

1. How would you deliver your message to your creation, and why would you choose that method?
2. What is your message for your creation?
3. Who or what would you deliver the message to? (A special few? To everyone? To everything?)
4. How would you preserve your message to prevent its corruption and subsequent confusion?

I'm interested to see everyone's solution; I've touched on many of these points myself in a prior post ... in summary, I would 1. embed my message in the laws forming and governing Reality; 2. the laws would point to my message, which is the need for personal development and ascension; 3. the laws would be self-evident to all, throughout space and time; and 4. since the laws would be embedded in the foundation of Reality, it would not be subject to corruption.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
First of all, my "Creation" would actually be something akin to the Ptolemic Geocentric Universe: fairly small and compact, with everything moving in simple, pre-determined paths that are easy to understand and calculate.

That alone would be a huge part of my "message". Good design is compact and efficient (unlike the real universe, which is highly complex and inefficient, assuming humans are supposed to be the "center" of it all). After that, I would actively participate in the affairs of my creation, keeping an eye on things and frequently guiding them as needed through their own development. I would NOT have "mediators", like angels or prophets. I'd take some kind of physical form and talk to them myself, on a very regular basis.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If I were the Creator, why would I need to add a message for humans to my creation? Wouldn't the message be inherent in the creation itself, in the way of the things I'd created? It seems absurd to me that there would be any more message than that.

On the other hand, it seems typical of humans, if not typical of genuine creators, to tag things with wordy messages. Hence when I come across something natural like a spider eating a fly or a stunning sunrise, I might think of a genuine creator, and of the possibility there might be some kind of message in creation. But when I come across something wordy, like "holy" scriptures, I think of how men have always made gods, then assigned to their gods whatever messages their petty minds could conceive of.

ThirtyThree

Disregarding your current religion or belief system, let's say you were the All (aka the Creator, the Almighty, God, etc., whatever you wish to call it). Let's also say that you had a message for your creation.

1. How would you deliver your message to your creation, and why would you choose that method?

I would drop a massive indestructible and immovable cube from the sky at the beginning of creation. Etched permanently into this cube would be my laws. They could not be erased (indestructible) and vandalism would have no effect (indestructible).

I am sure it would be rather detailed, being that I made them.

3. Who or what would you deliver the message to? (A special few? To everyone? To everything?)

I would drop smaller versions of the main cube through the ages, all of which have writings and all of which are indestructible and immovable. Some would be dropped in sacred places, some in deserts and the others in mundane spaces.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Simultaneous broadcast: Fax, internet, TV, Radio and voice from the clouds:

"neither Jew nor Gentile, Greek nor Roman. All are brothers."

"Moral obligation does not change with national borders or ethnicity. nationalism is sin. Patriotism is sin. Tribalism is sin."

"Whosoever raises his hand against his brother is condemned. Whosoever treats a foreigner differently than his own family sins. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

"Conflict is forbidden. Co-operation is obligatory. One world. One family. One morality."

buddhist

If I were the Creator, why would I need to add a message for humans to my creation? Wouldn't the message be inherent in the creation itself, in the way of the things I'd created? It seems absurd to me that there would be any more message than that.

On the other hand, it seems typical of humans, if not typical of genuine creators, to tag things with wordy messages. Hence when I come across something natural like a spider eating a fly or a stunning sunrise, I might think of a genuine creator, and of the possibility there might be some kind of message in creation. But when I come across something wordy, like "holy" scriptures, I think of how men have always made gods, then assigned to their gods whatever messages their petty minds could conceive of.
What would be the meaning inherent in your creation?

buddhist

I would drop a massive indestructible and immovable cube from the sky at the beginning of creation. Etched permanently into this cube would be my laws. They could not be erased (indestructible) and vandalism would have no effect (indestructible).

I am sure it would be rather detailed, being that I made them.

I would drop smaller versions of the main cube through the ages, all of which have writings and all of which are indestructible and immovable. Some would be dropped in sacred places, some in deserts and the others in mundane spaces.
How would people (or whatever you created) know without doubt that these cubes are from you, the Creator of the Universe, instead of some extra terrestrial or other advanced (but not infinite and almighty Being)? What about people who have no vision for some reason, and can't see your cubes?

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

By making them smart and wise, because it beats all the alternatives.

Don't do dumb stuff.

Anyone who would care to listen, I suppose.

4. How would you preserve your message to prevent its corruption and subsequent confusion?

See the answer to 1. above; corruption and confusion are not so much to be prevented as they are to be assumed to happen and repaired / healed from.

buddhist

"Moral obligation does not change with national borders or ethnicity. nationalism is sin. Patriotism is sin. Tribalism is sin."

"Whosoever raises his hand against his brother is condemned. Whosoever treats a foreigner differently than his own family sins. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

"Conflict is forbidden. Co-operation is obligatory. One world. One family. One morality."
How would people verify that these messages are from you, and not from other people or ETs?

buddhist

By making them smart and wise, because it beats all the alternatives.

Don't do dumb stuff.

Anyone who would care to listen, I suppose.

See the answer to 1. above; corruption and confusion are not so much to be prevented as they are to be assumed to happen and repaired / healed from.
Would all people have equal amounts of intelligence and wisdom, so they would equally understand your message?

Corthos

Great Old One

Damn... Not that I necessarily disagree with what you say... I'm not a fan of "THOU SHALT NOT" dictatorial gods, however. XD