• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you were God...

Abram

Abraham
Mike182 did a thread on "if you were in control" that I enjoyed to read.

But what if you were the God of this planet?

How do you convince a world you exist?

You can't affect free will and every time you do miracles they forget in just a few generations.

Ori

Angel slayer
I would reveal myself, start shouting " Thou shalt not eat my animals" and start shooting people with electric bolts. :)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Engrave my face on every mountain across the world, with the words "Ha Ha...gotcha!" written underneath. ;)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I would not be interested in convincing anyone that I exist.
why shoud God need to prove himsel to anyone?

As it is, he has sent prophets and indeed came himself as Jesus, and taught us his will.
Every one has the chance to accept or reject him.

God has no need to bribe us or openly punish us, to get our attention.
God is about Love and Faith.

The way he has gone about teaching us, has stood the test of time.
Why should any other way I could think of, be any better?

Terry_______________________
Blessed are the gentle, they shall inherit the land

Popeyesays

Let's see . . . what if I were God?

Much pondering . . . . and cold realization . . . I am not God. I do not understand God. I will never comprehend God because He IS, and I ain't.

Regards,
Scott

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I am with Terry on this one; I wouldn't want to reveal myself. I guess it can't be easy for 'him' watching people sin...........

Æsahættr

Carve the words 'I exist, from God' onto the arse of every human being, then whenever anyone questioned my existance, the words would burn red hot. How could men like Epicurus ever create the seeds of atheism if they could never sit down?

Faint

I'll have to go with Jimmy Pop Ali on this one:

"If I were God thou shall not worship false Billy Idols
And thou shall add the Book Of Flavor Flav to the Bible
Thou shall make fun of Hindus, thou shall not make a "Speed 2"

If I were God that's what I'd do, Heavens no

Hell yeah

If I were God I'd get a bunch of slaves to do everything
Norwegian lesbians that feed me grapes and know how to sing

If I were God thou shall not wear tube socks with Flip-Flops
Thou shall sit and thou shall spin, thou shall even wife swap
Thou shall resist the Olsen Twins, thou shall not cut "Footloose"

If I were God that's what I'd do, Heavens no

Hell yeah"

Radar

Show myself, set everything as it should be, let it be known that I don't need to be worshipped, let it be known that there is no after life so make the best with the one that you have, and give the ultimate free will by leaving everything and everyone alone and let you (humans) do with it as you please. And never return, never intervene, because I made everything so I don't need you and I made you not to need me and then I would erase any thought, rememberance, anything and everything about any type of god so you could truely be free. I would make it where the terms of god or a supreme being could never enter into any vocabulary. I would eliminate myself totally so you can be totally FREE.

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Well first off, I would create me a very well endowed she God, with whom I would always get along. I also would require absolutely no worship of any kind from humans. What do I care whether they worship me or not?

I am completely omnicient and omnipotent, right? Then everyone gets perfect happiness for all the days of their lives. They get to have guilt free sex and mind blowing orgasms, and I remove the parts of their brain (or don't put it there in the first place) that causes them to want to harm one another.

Free will? nah, make em be popping with endorphins all the time. Live to be 100 years old and never get sick. Then when they turn 100 (tho they will still have the body of a 25 year old) they painlessly die, but the ones left feel absolutely no remorse, and their loved ones actually watch their soul ascend to Heaven, where they will be going when they get to be 100.

No more guesses, everything can be seen by those on Earth. No Hell either. No jealosy, no crime, no murder. And you only get pregnant when you want to, and no pain during childbirth either. No menstruel cycles. And biscuits and gravy would be healthy!!!

Anyone want to come and live in my world? Admission is free, I don't require any sacrfices, and you don't have to worry about beleiving in me or not, cause I don't care if you do, as long as you are happy. But since I will be a regular visitor to the parts of the world where you can ski and surf, you won't have to "beleive" in me, any more than you have to "beleive" in Tiger Woods. You can see us both, shooting low scores on one of the many free golf courses that will be dotting the land.

B.

Flappycat

I'd resign immediately, right after broadcasting a single, important message to the world: "I can't do it for you. Make your own Heaven, and, for my sake and yours, make it a good one. I love you all. God, signing off for good."

I'd then get started on creating a new universe, learning from my mistakes with this one.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Draka said:
Engrave my face on every mountain across the world, with the words "Ha Ha...gotcha!" written underneath. ;)
That's an awesome idea. Mt Everest with a 2 mile high "GOD WAS HERE: 12000BC" neon sign at the top.

MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Well first off, I would create me a very well endowed she God, with whom I would always get along. I also would require absolutely no worship of any kind from humans. What do I care whether they worship me or not?

I am completely omnicient and omnipotent, right? Then everyone gets perfect happiness for all the days of their lives. They get to have guilt free sex and mind blowing orgasms, and I remove the parts of their brain (or don't put it there in the first place) that causes them to want to harm one another.

Free will? nah, make em be popping with endorphins all the time. Live to be 100 years old and never get sick. Then when they turn 100 (tho they will still have the body of a 25 year old) they painlessly die, but the ones left feel absolutely no remorse, and their loved ones actually watch their soul ascend to Heaven, where they will be going when they get to be 100.

No more guesses, everything can be seen by those on Earth. No Hell either. No jealosy, no crime, no murder. And you only get pregnant when you want to, and no pain during childbirth either. No menstruel cycles. And biscuits and gravy would be healthy!!!

B.
Although that sounds pretty good, I'm not sure I'd like to live without sadness or pain. They help me realise how lucky I am when the good stuff comes along.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I'd try to do exactly what he is doing now. He is all-knowing, which, of course, I am not. I trust him. So it would be impossible to improve on what he is or does.

MdmSzdWhtGuy

But you see Chris,

as the all powerful one, I can control how you feel. You get to feel happy all the time, kind of like the feeling of hitting 5 blackjacks in a row, or flopping a str8 flush and having someone bet into you, winning the World Series with a 9th inning walk off home run, whatever does it for you, you get that all the time. But maybe that's just me, I kind of like those feelings (not that I have ever won the World Series, mind you), and would love to feel them more often.

You could add to that list, the feeling you get marrying someone you truly love, watching your baby get born, and seeing your son make a game saving tackle.

B.

Bangbang

I would appear as talking rocks all over the world and carve a message on the moon that says Listen to the Rocks. They are Allahs messengers and saviors to all of mankind.

Draka

Wonder Woman
ChrisP said:
That's an awesome idea. Mt Everest with a 2 mile high "GOD WAS HERE: 12000BC" neon sign at the top.
That's a good one. How about, knowing that humans make it out of the atmosphere and take pictures of the Earth from space, making the mountain ranges spell out things. Like "Dolphins are smarter than you" or "na na na boo boo"

Bangbang

Draka said:
That's a good one. How about, knowing that humans make it out of the atmosphere and take pictures of the Earth from space, making the mountain ranges spell out things. Like "Dolphins are smarter than you" or "na na na boo boo"
They did that already.

I would send a series of prophets to spread my word and teachings and then prove what they say to be true by giving them good fortune while smiting their enemies.

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Why smite? Why not just make their enemies all of a sudden be nice people? Then nobody gets smote, and everybody is happy? What would be wrong with that?

B.