• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you were God, what would you do differently?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you were God, what would you do differently than the current God who allegedly has the power to do anything? I'd feed the hungry, heal the sick, give pedophiles a sexuality where they were attracted to adults, protect the innocent, give everyone a healthy sexuality where they weren't plagued with the desire to harm or dominate others, and heal the mentally ill.

There would be no atheists because I would speak to everyone with clear instructions. Hell would be a rehabilitation center to prepare people for Heaven. I'd show people I loved them by enlightening and healing them, anoint world leaders with the knowledge of how to make decisions that would be best for the world and their people, leave people with a book of instructions that didn't contradict itself, and would answer people's questions about that book so that there wouldn't be confusion, misinterpretation, and division that creates thousands of denominations (what we have today).

Everyone who turned to me would receive clear answers. They would know their calling, vocation, and who their spouse was to be. There would be no unwanted pregnancies or sexually transmitted diseases, and urine and feces wouldn't stink. What did I leave out? :D

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'd write a book that is NOT open to interpretation and keep it under review and reissue with clearer guidelines when humans continue to read things into it.

I'd make regular appearances on TV and explain when and why earthquakes, etc. are about to happen.
I'd explain where food needs to be moved to avoid famines

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I would join RF and make my presence known...and make sarcasm the official language of Earth.

ETA: Oh...and that World Peace™ thing.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If you were God, what would you do differently than the current God who allegedly has the power to do anything? I'd feed the hungry, heal the sick, give pedophiles a sexuality where they were attracted to adults, protect the innocent, give everyone a healthy sexuality where they weren't plagued with the desire to harm or dominate others, and heal the mentally ill.

There would be no atheists because I would speak to everyone with clear instructions. Hell would be a rehabilitation center to prepare people for Heaven. I'd show people I loved them by enlightening and healing them, anoint world leaders with the knowledge of how to make decisions that would be best for the world and their people, leave people with a book of instructions that didn't contradict itself, and would answer people's questions about that book so that there wouldn't be confusion, misinterpretation, and division that creates thousands of denominations (what we have today).

Everyone who turned to me would receive clear answers. They would know their calling, vocation, and who their spouse was to be. There would be no unwanted pregnancies or sexually transmitted diseases, and urine and feces wouldn't stink. What did I leave out? :D

Id pick up a boulder thats too heavy for me to handle and pop myself from existence. People dong have to yearn for life because we would all find ways to come with death in a healthy way. We would face reality in which we do suffer. Without god influence, the leaning on an authority would vanish and people would have to think for themselves. And if they were smart, theyd think for each other, help each other, and build purpose in knowledge of life cycle.

I honestly wouldnt know how to help because one persons medicine is another persons poison. Cause and effect are the laws of of physics, Id have to change that. Then I dont bekieve in worship so most likely, Id make myself 100 percent human not a god st all. Sacrifice my power and all that and Be human. Sinas a human. Love as a human. Be am example as a human.

What if god where one of us?

I think that has more power in message than human sacrifice.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
I'd start out with not even bothering to have a book written in the first place, any knowledge of me and my plans that is important would simply be imprinted in everyone's mind at birth. No interpretation required.

I would also make it so that especially stupid people stop being born.
I would promote and guide the progress of my creation.
Disease and mental illness wouldn't be a thing, at least not to the extent it is now.
There would be no special day or time of day in my honor, I don't need the ego boost.
If people wanted to have discussions with me, I'd be cool with that.
Psychopaths wouldn't be a thing either, along with demons or whatever.
So on and so forth, there are plenty of things I would do.

Might even make mmorpg style, video game magic a thing, just for the giggles.

allfoak

Alchemist
What if god where one of us?
What if we all had the ability to become one with our source?
God sent us all here for the purpose of all of us becoming living Christs.
Jesus was the firstborn.
Since he was the first of the human race to become the Christ, he becomes the subject of the greatest story ever told.
The reason that the history is so obscure is because the story is about the human race not one person.
The Christ, the Anointed One, the Logos, the Son of God, are within.
We have not been left here without hope, the second coming is an internal experience.

I would change nothing.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If you were God, what would you do differently than the current God who allegedly has the power to do anything?
1) I would stop making human beings in the image of killer apes. It gives too much credence to the unBiblical notion of evolution.

2) I would give information to everyone the way I did Moses, Apostle Thomas, and Muhammad and all the other prophets. Personal visits and Scripture and such for everyone. Why should they be the only people whose free will is destroyed by clear information? This is the information age, God could have a YouTube or Twitter account.

Tom

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What if we all had the ability to become one with our source?
God sent us all here for the purpose of all of us becoming living Christs.
Jesus was the firstborn.
Since he was the first of the human race to become the Christ, he becomes the subject of the greatest story ever told.
The reason that the history is so obscure is because the story is about the human race not one person.
The Christ, the Anointed One, the Logos, the Son of God, are within.
We have not been left here without hope, the second coming is an internal experience.

I would change nothing.

If god were one of us, there is no source. He would not be god but human just as you and I. Christ means "body of believers". When everyone comes to worship god, they become the body which is christ. Nothin mystical.

I would change a lot knowing that god is just a title and a role but is not Higher than me. It gives a sense of equality and you feel understood when pwople talk in a language you understand. So, Id be human. People call many humans lords, gods, and so forth. Nothing new.

If we as humans work together, we are working as christ. Not many people explain it that way but christ taught when more than one comes in his name, he is present. We need to get away from idolising christ.

But Id be human i wouldnt be god. No miracles. No parting the sea. People have to think together if they cant think alone. One body. One christ.

buddhist

I wouldn't write a book, nor would I choose a "special people" (people groups, priesthoods, prophets, intermediaries, etc.) to deliver my message.

Instead, I would write my laws into the fabric of reality itself (e.g. laws of nature), so that they cannot be interpreted incorrectly, and so those laws are fully & directly obvious to everything in the universe.

P.S. That's close to how early Buddhists practice ;) We learn & conform ourselves to the laws of nature to progressively eliminate dukkha. We don't meddle (too much lol) with what we cannot answer definitively, e.g. questions about "God", etc.

lostwanderingsoul

God's laws were already written in stone and everyone looks for excuses why they do not have to follow them. How much more clear can you get?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Id pick up a boulder thats too heavy for me to handle and pop myself from existence. People dong have to yearn for life because we would all find ways to come with death in a healthy way. We would face reality in which we do suffer. Without god influence, the leaning on an authority would vanish and people would have to think for themselves. And if they were smart, theyd think for each other, help each other, and build purpose in knowledge of life cycle.

Humans, by nature, feel the need for a hierarchy. If you were to eliminate God (which in my belief is impossible) then there would be a human that would fill that role.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
If you were God, what would you do differently?

I would change nothing. It is almost silly to think we from our tiny limited perspective would know how to be better at being God than God.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist

In your world we would
all be living on top of one another like sardines in a can.
We would have no free will, make no mistakes, be totally indifferent.
We would have no tears, and thus no joy.
Not knowing hunger we would never feel blissfully satisfied after eating.
We would be in a state of motionless boredom.

We would then complain that The God (thats you) was making it too easy and dull.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If I were God: respawn, stargates, and actual karma. ;)

God's laws were already written in stone and everyone looks for excuses why they do not have to follow them. How much more clear can you get?

Because "god's laws" were actually written by ancient, ignorant, primitive savages who did a really ****ty job of it. People don't really need an "excuse" to not follow such unsubstantiated, irrational, and arbitrary superstitions that don't actually have anything to do with god.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Humans, by nature, feel the need for a hierarchy. If you were to eliminate God (which in my belief is impossible) then there would be a human that would fill that role.

I dont understand. We have our roles but once I see my role above another, I am making someone else a minority. When I was a teacher, I had a different role but I never place students under me as if they Needed knowledge that they cant get on their own. Americas heirarchy isnt by roles. Its political. We dont need indoctrination of authority to understand where we are in the skem of things.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I dont understand. We have our roles but once I see my role above another, I am making someone else a minority. When I was a teacher, I had a different role but I never place students under me as if they Needed knowledge that they cant get on their own. Americas heirarchy isnt by roles. Its political. We dont need indoctrination of authority to understand where we are in the skem of things.

If the students didn't need knowledge they couldn't get on their own, why would they need a teacher? Everything related to roles is political. I'm sure there was an interview process in becoming a teacher where you were judged by another whether you were capable of doing the job. I'm certain you reported to someone, perhaps a principal, and that principal reported to the district superintendent, and so on and so forth.

Humans need hierarchy so immensely that once they have reached an individual who is the pinnacle of knowledge, they have to invent a supernatural being to oversee and judge that person.