• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you were God, how would you have created the universe? What would you have done differently?

Title.
What would you have done differently?

I'd create a smarter deity, and let them do the design.

Maybe run a beta and get a few feedback reviews from a fair sample of the userbase, before embarking on a full scale project? I mean, c'mon - this universe still has bugs in it. Where's the Q.A. ?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Hey! Thread necro!

I'd make sure we had different tubes for eating and breathing so that we can't be nearly-instantly killed by eating carelessly.

Hey! Thread necro!

I'd make sure we had different tubes for eating and breathing so that we can't be nearly-instantly killed by eating carelessly.

I asked my 10 year old daughter what she'd do.

She said she'd let people choose what shape they wanted to be, so you could pick your hair colour for the day...

...or your skin colour, or your gender, or whether you had autism, or your IQ or your species!

I think she wants to be able to turn into a cat to avoid doing homework.

Kfox

Title.

Personally, I would do multiple things differently:
1) I would make sure that all people were programmed with a strong concept of morality, so that people could clearly know if a choice they made was objectively moral or objectively immoral.
2) I would make it so that all (human) beings had overwhelming evidence and/or proof of my existence.
3) I would not allow those who do evil to succeed at all; as in, I would stop them before they could make a truely negative impact (as in, I wouldn't have allowed the Holocaust or other genocidal and homicidal movement to occur).
4) I would not allow for there to be more than one religion, and that religion would be very clearly correct.

What would you have done differently?
*I would create a Universe that was not hostile to human life. Humans would be able to travel to every planet in the Universe without any type of life support systems.
*There would be no such a thing as predator/prey animals; no animal would be forced to kill another in order in order that he might live.
*Leaches, mosquitos, ticks, and other useless pests would not exist.
*Useless weeds, and bushes would not grow naturally, but would have to grown and cultivated in order to exist, and fruits, and vegetables would grow wild thus no such a thing as starvation.
*All water including that of the sea would be useful drinkable water, no such a thing as useless salt water.