• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you were Christ and walked into this **** show...

Would you say "**** THIS" and run (not really an option, although at times he wishes it was) and if not.. what would YOU do?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not a Christian. I haven't really studied much of Jesus. But I've gotten the impression he was a sagacious sort of guy (or believed to be, by those who wrote of his character). I don't think he would be the sort to view the present realm as a "**** show," even sans the un-Christlike vulgar language. He wouldn't be blind to the beauty of the world and would not characterize it so negatively.

But I'm not sure why this is posted in Seekers Circle. Is there some sort of religious guidance you are looking for?

I'm not a Christian. I haven't really studied much of Jesus. But I've gotten the impression he was a sagacious sort of guy (or believed to be, by those who wrote of his character). I don't think he would be the sort to view the present realm as a "**** show," even sans the un-Christlike vulgar language. He wouldn't be blind to the beauty of the world and would not characterize it so negatively.

But I'm not sure why this is posted in Seekers Circle. Is there some sort of religious guidance you are looking for?

Thanks for the reply! Not religious guidance no, guidance... yes. I want to see how people see him and what's going on here and what they think they would do if it were their job.

For not being Christian it seems your impression of him is pretty static. What would he having or showing keen mental discernment and good judgment or him having the ability to accurately assess situations or people and turn this to one's advantage have to do with the way he views what's going on here? Wouldn't it have more to do with perspective or expectations?

Lol, un-christlike language. He may not have used the curse words of our day, but he did use "raca" and I don't know if you know what it means but it's a pretty big insult.

It tickles me some people perceptions of Christ. Like he never frequented seedy parts of town or mingled with the prostitutes or gamblers.

I don't think he would be blind by the beauty of the world either, I think he would want nothing more than to go retire on five acres of land with a pond and never see another being again. But, as you climb the spiritual hierarchy, the higher you go the bigger servant you are to others. SO, he doesn't get to be lulled by what is pure, only made more patient by what is ... how can I say it nicely... unfinished.

<3

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Would you say "**** THIS" and run (not really an option, although at times he wishes it was) and if not.. what would YOU do?

You think this is worse than the times and lives of the Hebrews under the thumb of a tyrannical Roman rule?

Axe Elf

Prophet
Since God created all of time and space to exist exactly as it exists now, has always existed, and always will exist, I would expect He would be pretty satisfied with His work.

An omnibenevolent God would WANT to create the best of all possible universes, an omniscient God would know HOW to create the best of all possible universes, and an omnipotent God would have the POWER to create the best of all possible universes, so if an omnibenevolent, omniscient, omnipotent creator of the universe exists, we are logically constrained to conclude that we live in the best of all possible universes.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I wouldn't say F this, I would just walk into the RF staff room, calmly knock over some tables and start whipping people.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't say F this, I would just walk into the RF staff room, calmly knock over some tables and start whipping people.

While we're all gluttons for punishment given the crap we sometimes have to deal with, I for one am not into whips. They only do maybe 1d4 subdual damage. I much prefer my 1d12 banhammer. It does lethal damage, crits on a 15-20, and is vorpal.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The Romans were hardly tyrants towards the Jews. They were effectively allowed to rule themselves and practice their religion.

Understood, as a long as they behaved themselves. If it were so great I doubt if you would have had a Zealot movement.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If someone is a Christian and believes that there is truth in the Bible, it would be natural to think that Jesus would do today as was done earlier. In other words, what is the modern-day Caesar's and what is God's and render unto accordingly.

This is the easily observable external acts. To me the inner work can be something much more but the basic attitude toward government could be similar.

If someone is a Christian and believes that there is truth in the Bible, it would be natural to think that Jesus would do today as was done earlier. In other words, what is the modern-day Caesar's and what is God's and render unto accordingly?

This is the easily observable external acts. To me the inner work can be something much more but the basic attitude toward government could be similar.

If Jesus is actually the word of God, and the bible was pulled from him... he is the source of the information. He wouldn't be swayed by a book.

I don't know what "what is the modern-day Caesar's and what is God's and render unto accordingly." means, dumb it down for me.