• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you want see what unchecked Covid looks like...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I would wager real money that the virus hits the poorest of Brazil's citizens the hardest. But why should Mr. Bolsonaro care anyway? By all means, full steam ahead with herd immunity! For, in every country, the poorest are among the least likely to vote. Besides, the more troubled they are, the more the poor support right wing extremism in whatever ways occur to them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm sure Bolsonaro and his corrupt buddies are doing just fine and don't care one whit about what happens to anyone else.

Of course, the body count in the criminal trump's USA is much higher than anywhere else but who cares when there's money to be made. After all, what's more important than that bezos will be a trillionaire in a few more years.

Wandering Monk

I'm sure Bolsonaro and his corrupt buddies are doing just fine and don't care one whit about what happens to anyone else.

Of course, the body count in the criminal trump's USA is much higher than anywhere else but who cares when there's money to be made. After all, what's more important than that bezos will be a trillionaire in a few more years.

In order to compare apples to apples you have to look at this on a per capita basis. Brazil's outbreak started about three weeks later than the US and they just passed the US in deaths per capita this week. The trends are opposite.

upload_2020-5-22_6-8-37.png

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
...keep an eye on Brazil.

Despite the worrying spread of the disease, far-right President Jair Bolsonaro on Thursday continued his calls to scrap lockdown measures to revive the country's flagging economy.
Brazil suffers record daily coronavirus death toll, pushing total deaths past 20,000
Whats 'unchecked' supposed to mean? Theres a lockdown already in place so it isnt unchecked. Bit of a lie there.

Looks to me like the lockdown isnt even working. Whats even the point then of continuing the inevitable ?

I don't blame them for making the call to go for broke.

Btw i like the notation (loaded term) of 'far right'. Its not about health, its really about politics. Isn't it? Like as if the left can guarantee survival stats at any givin time.

Theres no cure. Its going to happen anyways.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Of course, the body count in the criminal trump's USA is much higher than anywhere else but who cares when there's money to be made.
People who lost their income, & are running out of money care.

You & I will do just fine....we have savings & independent income.
But I know many who had to work illegally just to survive.
After all, what's more important than that bezos will be a trillionaire in a few more years.
Bezos is cleaning up with the lockdown.
Amazon gets to remain in business when the brick & mortar stores shut down.
Note also that governors in their states have more power there than does Trump.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
People who lost their income, & are running out of money care.

Too bad there's no <sarcasm> ability - but my original post was dripping with it. We need to take care of those people.

Bezos is cleaning up with the lockdown.

In a few years at current trend he'll be a trillionaire. He's one bit reason I'm changing my mind on a wealth tax. I think people who work hard should be rewarded but at some point the wealth becomes insane.

Wandering Monk

Too bad there's no <sarcasm> ability - but my original post was dripping with it. We need to take care of those people.

In a few years at current trend he'll be a trillionaire. He's one bit reason I'm changing my mind on a wealth tax. I think people who work hard should be rewarded but at some point the wealth becomes insane.

What ever became of philanthropy? Dale Carnegie built over 2500 libraries across the world between 1883 and 1929.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What ever became of philanthropy? Dale Carnegie built over 2500 libraries across the world between 1883 and 1929.

There are some today who are doing similar things. Home - The Giving Pledge appears to be one outlet.

There are those today who basically say "I won at business. Now it's time to do something else with the money I have". That's a different kettle of fish from those who pile up money endlessly like Mr. Burns or Scrooge McDuck.