• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you thought bathroom accommodations for declared non binary people was bad...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Imagine if half of this energy and outrage from some conservative Christians were directed at holding child-molesting priests accountable and reforming church practices instead of being focused on highly exaggerated and often misreported stories about trans and non-binary people.

It doesn't seem that "protecting the children" is the primary concern for many of the abovementioned vocal anti-trans fundamentalists, after all.
Them always looking for the worst really does reflect their own poor character rather well.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's going to be an interesting societal future as the maze of human identity deepens.
It will be vastly better once these absurd and ridiculous "black and white/either-or" Christian hangovers are laid to rest and with us no more. Nature is not clean and pretty, it is not black and white, and it is under no obligation to fit our expectations or make sense to us. Our cultures weren't even black and white until the simple minded morality of Christian thinking that "it's either of God or Satan" tried to force the whole of Nature into a box of "this" or "that."
It doesn't work that way.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It will be vastly better once these absurd and ridiculous "black and white/either-or" Christian hangovers are laid to rest and with us no more. Nature is not clean and pretty, it is not black and white, and it is under no obligation to fit our expectations or make sense to us. Our cultures weren't even black and white until the simple minded morality of Christian thinking that "it's either of God or Satan" tried to force the whole of Nature into a box of "this" or "that."
It doesn't work that way.

To be honest, you also have to give due credit to rationality and truth in the philosophical tradition.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I came across this....

Parents are furious after biological male, non-binary counselors slept in rooms with little girls | Daily Mail Online

Yikes!

So is it still a good idea in light of this reported instance that came to light early in the year?

Would you support this arrangement with the men er.. non binary persons even if no sexual activity occurred?
Interesting quote from this article:
It was after this applause that Davidson was then heard saying 'f**k you' through a microphone
There was some sexual tension "after all"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
To be honest, you also have to give due credit to rationality and truth in the philosophical tradition.
I see no rationality or truth is such philosophies. Nature is complex. Trying to force it to look simple, pretty, and neatly categorized as either-or is nothing more than silly arrogance attempting to force Nature to bend to the whims of humans.