• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you see a miracle, will you then believe?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The unknown or God, regardless of what you call it, then you can't exclude God or the unknown
from the equation, you don't know what was before the singularity, you may call it X, the unknown
or God, the messengers delivered the message to humans, God did it.
Really? What objective test will tell us which of the purported messengers is authentic and which is mistaken, or a conman, or a looney?
We have science and we have all the earthly materials, why we can't create life from the non living matter, why we can't find a scientific method that enable humans to live 200 years in healthy way, why we have to be fixed in living around 100 years and some less or more, why and why and why and endless of whys.
Do you keep up with the advances science has made in trying to understand abiogenesis? They're remarkable. I may live long enough to see life created from non-life in the lab. (Every living thing on the planet is evidence it can be done.)

As for aging, that's both good and bad. Sure, it's nice to live longer. But no, a world with an average age of 120 and rising fast doesn't sound like an improvement to mankind's hopes for a better future. Where are they all going to live? What is the point of their lives?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

I didn't get your point, what do you mean why not always existing before the big bang,
yes the one that was existing before the big bang is always existing and I explained
it to you, hard to be understood but no escape from admitting it or if you have a better
answer for what was before the big bang and how suddenly it came to existance and
why it came suddenly to existence and how that thing caused the big bang.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I didn't get your point, what do you mean why not always existing before the big bang,
yes the one that was existing before the big bang is always existing and I explained
it to you, hard to be understood but no escape from admitting it or if you have a better
answer for what was before the big bang and how suddenly it came to existance and
I'll try my take on this:

Why do you think the universe needs a cause?

Since you say that God exists uncaused, we know that you don't think that everything needs a cause.

Altfish

Veteran Member
What I am trying to say is, "God is always there" makes no sense to me, if you do not allow me to say "The Universe was always there"

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I'll try my take on this:

Why do you think the universe needs a cause?

Since you say that God exists uncaused, we know that you don't think that everything needs a cause.

The universe isn't always existing, if it was always existing then I may agree with you,
we know it has a start and it expanded and still expanding.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
What I am trying to say is, "God is always there" makes no sense to me, if you do not allow me to say "The Universe was always there"

We know that the universe has a start, why you think the universe was always existing.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
How do you know?

What makes you so sure that the Big Bang was the start of the universe?

Nasa and other scientific researches estimate the age of the universe is around 13 billion years
and it started from singularity, no one knows yet what was before the big bang.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
But what was before the universe was always there.

Why do you think god has always existed.?

Do I have to repeat myself? you asked a question (what was before God?)
my answer was another God, and before the another God there was another
God and so on going to infinite number of gods, hence there's no beginning to God
which means that God is always existing not similar to our universe which has a beginning.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Nasa and other scientific researches estimate the age of the universe is around 13 billion years
and it started from singularity,
They estimate the time since the Big Bang. They also say that our understanding - and the laws of physics as we know them - break down a fraction of a section after the Big Bang.

no one knows yet what was before the big bang.
But you claim to know, don't you?

HonestJoe

I assumed in the OP that the miracle was real and not a trick.
Why would you assume anything about anything someone is claiming is a miracle? Shouldn't you consider all claims on their individual merits and reach a rational conclusion (which could well be "I don't know")?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
If someone came to you and told you that God exists and you should follow
some instructions in order to be safe in the afterlife, and if it happened that you
asked him for a proof for God's existence and he showed you one such as
healing a blind man and letting him to see.

Will you believe that God exists if you know that the miracle was real or you'll still disbelieve?
How would I know if the miracle was real?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Miracles don't have scientific explanations, if you saw the miracle yourself
then why you need to ask the others about it?

Because of knowing how easy it is to fool a human brain. The brain itself is even very capable of fooling itself.
A thousand and one things can occur to have that happen.

I'm sure you are aware of this.
If Jesus would materialize right in front of my eyes, my go-to explanation would be that I am hallucinating. And looking at history and precedents, chances are rather enormously huge that I'ld be very correct about that.