• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have enough money you can buy this :D

Nimos

1679569707374.png

Codex Sassoon is a Masoretic codex comprising all 24 books of the Hebrew Bible, dated to the 10th century. It is considered as old as the Aleppo Codex and a century older than the Leningrad Codex (1006), the earliest known complete Hebrew Bible manuscript.

The Codex was only presented once to the public, decades ago, and is now presented ahead before being auctioned at Sotheby’s in New York for an estimated $30-50 million - making it potentially the most expensive manuscript ever to be sold at auction.

So if you have some million dollars and are not sure what to spend them on :D

danieldemol

Premium Member
View attachment 73668
Codex Sassoon is a Masoretic codex comprising all 24 books of the Hebrew Bible, dated to the 10th century. It is considered as old as the Aleppo Codex and a century older than the Leningrad Codex (1006), the earliest known complete Hebrew Bible manuscript.

The Codex was only presented once to the public, decades ago, and is now presented ahead before being auctioned at Sotheby’s in New York for an estimated $30-50 million - making it potentially the most expensive manuscript ever to be sold at auction.

It would be of interest to a museum, however its sad in a way that private individuals can afford to spend that on a bible while people go homeless in my opinion.

Nimos

It would be of interest to a museum, however its sad in a way that private individuals can afford to spend that on a bible while people go homeless in my opinion.
Indeed. I do however think it will end up in a museum regardless because it probably needs to stored under the correct conditions.

Jeff Bezos, it would be a few days income for him :D

Per Week:$96,693,051

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
View attachment 73668

I could buy a whole lotta scrap iron for that much money.
Criminy, I could endow a museum in perpetuity!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Indeed. I do however think it will end up in a museum regardless because it probably needs to stored under the correct conditions.

Jeff Bezos, it would be a few days income for him :D

Per Week:$96,693,051
That's not enough for Bezos.

I'm sure he feels he needs a cost of living increase because the economy is in the ****ter.