• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have any questions about Islam, just ask. But please, no bashing, not ridiculing.

epronovost

You quoted a Shii scholar and you said that he claims there are distortions in the Qur'an. So if you specifically share what he is speaking about, I could try and explain.

I never read him nor the half a dozen or so who share a similar point of view. I was wondering if you had read him (or any other scholar who shares his point of view). I couldn't even find a resumé of it of his views.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Ok, you can believe as you wish no one is forcing you to believe in Islam or any other religion. If you have a question, I will be glad to answer it for you. That is what this thread is about. If you wish to debate, please go somewhere else and do that. Thanks.

Do you agree abrahamic religions in general, and islam in particular, are pretty man-centered?
Why do you think is this so?

MyM

Do you agree abrahamic religions in general, and islam in particular, are pretty man-centered?
Why do you think is this so?

I cannot speak for others, but I can speak and tell you what Islam is according to your question. In Islam, God sent the messengers, he sent books to certain messengers. They all professed in the Oneness of God. Nothing was different. Nothing has changed except in Islam, the oneness and guidance has been completed and after that the Judgement. In Islam, you must believe in the oneness of Allah, all the prophets from before, all his books, his angels, fate and the day of judgement. These are called the Pillars of Faith. You cannot be a Muslim, if you do not believe in them.

To me, man made religion is just that man made with no endorsement from God.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I cannot speak for others, but I can speak and tell you what Islam is according to your question. In Islam, God sent the messengers, he sent books to certain messengers. They all professed in the Oneness of God. Nothing was different. Nothing has changed except in Islam, the oneness and guidance has been completed and after that the Judgement. In Islam, you must believe in the oneness of Allah, all the prophets from before, all his books, his angels, fate and the day of judgement. These are called the Pillars of Faith. You cannot be a Muslim, if you do not believe in them.

To me, man made religion is just that man made with no endorsement from God.
I'm not sure which question you are answering, but it definitely isn't the one I asked.

I asked you why islamic philosophy is so man-centered as opposed to female-centered or neither.
More brutally put: why is it so sexist / misogynistic?

MyM

I'm not sure which question you are answering, but it definitely isn't the one I asked.

I asked you why islamic philosophy is so man-centered as opposed to female-centered or neither.
More brutally put: why is it so sexist / misogynistic?

My bad, I read the question wrongly.

In Islam, it isn't sexist. It is how the ones who do not believe in it-see it without taking the time to understand the differences brought about. In Islam, Allah says in His Quran,
“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable, but men have a degree (of responsibility) over them. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise”
al-Baqarah 2:228

In Islam, men MUST take care of their women. It is incumbent upon every husband to support his wife. Even if she were to work and make her own money, it is what is ordered. Men are stronger creatures by default. They are stronger by default. This isn't to say that their brains are better by default. Men and Women are created differently. They even have different brain mechanisms. Women in Islam are treated with respect. Paradise lies at the feet of the mother in Islam. They raise families. Women are allowed freedom of speech, freedom of vote, freedoms to many things. (way before the Western women had and they had to fight for theirs) They can do almost everything any other women can do within the realms of the Islamic dress, behaviors, rules, etc. You find men however, not living up to the standard that Allah has taught. But that isn't the religions fault, it's the arrogance of some men. So you cannot blame the religion. Many disbelieving men are extremely horrible to their women and they are claiming to be Christians, Jews, Athiests, etc. But in Islam, we are to blame the person. Every one will be accountable for their own sins. In Islam, we are not even to say "Uf" to your parents. You will find yourself in one of the deepest parts of Hellfire for going against your parents.-in Islam.
Some might say it is unfair in Islam. But that isn't the religions fault either. So it isn't a man-centered religion it's how you perceive it within one's own limited intelligence pertaining to the religion. It's up to those who are really wanting to understand. Then they can see it in Islam, for Allah says, his guidance is for those with understanding. :)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My bad, I read the question wrongly.

In Islam, it isn't sexist. It is how the ones who do not believe in it-see it without taking the time to understand the differences brought about. In Islam, Allah says in His Quran,
“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable, but men have a degree (of responsibility) over them. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise”

In Islam, men MUST take care of their women. It is incumbent upon every husband to support his wife. Even if she were to work and make her own money, it is what is ordered. Men are stronger creatures by default. They are stronger by default. This isn't to say that their brains are better by default. Men and Women are created differently. They even have different brain mechanisms. Women in Islam are treated with respect. Paradise lies at the feet of the mother in Islam. They raise families. Women are allowed freedom of speech, freedom of vote, freedoms to many things. (way before the Western women had and they had to fight for theirs) They can do almost everything any other women can do within the realms of the Islamic dress, behaviors, rules, etc. You find men however, not living up to the standard that Allah has taught. But that isn't the religions fault, it's the arrogance of some men. So you cannot blame the religion. Many disbelieving men are extremely horrible to their women and they are claiming to be Christians, Jews, Athiests, etc. But in Islam, we are to blame the person. Every one will be accountable for their own sins. In Islam, we are not even to say "Uf" to your parents. You will find yourself in one of the deepest parts of Hellfire for going against your parents.-in Islam.
Some might say it is unfair in Islam. But that isn't the religions fault either. So it isn't a man-centered religion it's how you perceive it within one's own limited intelligence pertaining to the religion. It's up to those who are really wanting to understand. Then they can see it in Islam, for Allah says, his guidance is for those with understanding. :)

Salam

Good answers but a bit simple.

Anyways, a thread that might help the person: The place of Women in Quran. | Religious Forums

You may agree or disagree with some of my interpretations there. But that thread was a good thread.

Shaul

Premium Member
Polygamy is allowed in Islam, but there are rules one must abide by. You must be able to support and treat each wife the same/fair. You are not allowed to have more than four. In the Quran, Allah says, if you cannot do justice with them, marry only one.

In Islam, there are reasons why polygamy is beneficial.
1. It is proven statistically that women are more than men. It allows opportunity.
2. It could be that the wife not able to bear children. Again advantageous.
3. Men go to wars leaving behind their wives. Again advantageous.
4. Some men have strong individual desires that one is not enough. Again advantageous.
5. A women could be widowed. Again advantageous.

These are just some of the reasons why Islam permits polygamy. The main one is that Allah says it is permissible in the Quran.

Prophet Sulaymon had over 90 wives and in the Christian Bible, so many others had hundreds upon hundreds of wives.
Thank you for your reply. Although I found it somewhat curious. Most of the reasons you listed appear to be attempts to provide secular rationale for polygamy. I would have expected the justifications to be based more on the Quran itself. I also did not find the secular justifications persuasive and could argue against most of them. But as you wrote the main reason being, according Islam, it is permitted as per the Quran.

You mentioned that Solomon (or as you spell it Sulaymon) having 90 wives. According to Jewish sources (the TaNaKh) he had 700 wives and 300 concubines. But whatever the number was, it was certainly more than 4. The Quran says Solomon was a righteous man. So how does Islam reconcile him having more than 4 wives if that is the permitted number?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am restarting this thread in hopes that those who want to know and learn about Islam can ask. If I am able, I will try my best to answer as truthfully as possible. I wish sincere questions and not hateful questions please. Thank you.
Why would non Muslim countries allow Muslims to preach and convert non Muslims in their land when Muslim countries have made preaching and conversion to non islamic religions in their own land?
What would happen to you (legally) in UAE if tomorrow you figure out that Islam is the wrong religion and publicly declare your new convictions to everyone?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
1. It is proven statistically that women are more than men. It allows opportunity.
2. It could be that the wife not able to bear children. Again advantageous.
4. Some men have strong individual desires that one is not enough. Again advantageous.
5. A women could be widowed. Again advantageous.
1. In most countries the number of men is more than number of women. Even if Allah was to allow more than one wife, he could have allowed two? So why four? Why did not Allah permit polyandry in countries where the number of men is more? If women can share one man, why not men can share one woman? The numbers for Qatar are serious, one woman for 2.42 men.
List of countries by sex ratio - Wikipedia
2. Just as women sometimes are infertile, men also are. So women should have been allowed more than one husband?
4. Some women also have strong desires. Has Allah permitted polyandry permitted for them?
5. Wives also die leaving men alone. In that case does Allah allow men without wives to find solace in wives of other men?

Allah has made excellent laws, but he should have considered the above points, then the laws would have been even better. What is your view about it?

MyM

Thank you for your reply. Although I found it somewhat curious. Most of the reasons you listed appear to be attempts to provide secular rationale for polygamy. I would have expected the justifications to be based more on the Quran itself. I also did not find the secular justifications persuasive and could argue against most of them. But as you wrote the main reason being, according Islam, it is permitted as per the Quran.

You mentioned that Solomon (or as you spell it Sulaymon) having 90 wives. According to Jewish sources (the TaNaKh) he had 700 wives and 300 concubines. But whatever the number was, it was certainly more than 4. The Quran says Solomon was a righteous man. So how does Islam reconcile him having more than 4 wives if that is the permitted number?

ty :)

I was just pointing out some of the justifications for polygamy. In Islam, God doesn't really have to say why. He is saying, marry only one if you cannot do justice between them. Actually, polygamy is in favor of women. Yes, I have read in the old testament that he have over 700 wives and 300 concubines. You are correct in correcting me, I meant to say over. Thank you. I really am just human and bound to mistakes. :) But we know in Islam, that King Sulaymon had over that amount of wives. It isn't upon us to reconcile between then and now, we know that King Sulaymon had an abundance of wives and was a great man in Islam as before and we do not make any judgements pertaining to the laws then in Islam. In that time, it was permitted. Mohammad pbuh, brought the count to 4 as Allah has stated in the Quran.
And Allah knows best.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When humans get taught you biologically and environmentally are one human sharing the experience human as two.

Exact created paired by body and the sex act. Natural. Owns no argument as it is exact.

Life's creator spiritually two humans one man one woman. Life's creators.

Biology owns sex by conditions physical.

Then a scientist your wise father. Older than you and wiser than you as an adult invents machines

One God o planet didn't design it.

Men by mind choices constantly mind control it. An inanimate object a machine.

So bio conscious spirituality thoughts human spirituality gets removed. By scientific man's choices to convert destroy as science. By thoughts.

Life gets atmospheric heaven recorded. Proven by human psychic. Man's machines proves it does also. Transmits voice and image through the heavens in which we live.

Transmits spiritually by vision.

As humans we are innocent of sex as virgins. Beginnings of life conception in the act chosen sex.

Next moment radiation angel cloud mass falls out burning. Life becomes sick irradiated.

DNA formed by human sex changes in biology and it is destroyed gone.. previous lived life bodies.

Next moment body life mind gets unnatural heavenly communicated to by transmissions. Stating the review life biology changing in the national DNA life.

Images of wives and husband's pre lived eradicated out of DNA health.

Affected the human belief. The idea advice by phenomena machine.

If it were not true no biological man would even believe sex existed after human death with virgins. He believes as it communicates advice subliminally.

You live life by brain chemistry feelings body changed as did the DNA of national families. A phenomena experience Idealised as it was notified.... by voice image from the heavens.

Where the unnatural ideas in life as paired human behaviours came from.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
In Islam, it isn't sexist.

Obviously it's not going to say that from itself. In fact I would expect it to say that it is women friendly.
The reality however is that it isn't. It treats women as second rate citizens (and sometimes not even that).

It has all kinds of special rules that only apply to women and which are never in their advantage. In fact, all these special rules always are in their disadvantage (or simply in the advantage of men).

It is how the ones who do not believe in it-see it without taking the time to understand the differences brought about. In Islam, Allah says in His Quran,

In Islam, men MUST take care of their women.

Note how you talk about this in proprietary terms.
And while you use the word "must" to make it seem as if this is in the advantage of women, it really isn't.
It means that the man gets to have all the ambition, the career, the power, the money,...

Men are stronger creatures by default. They are stronger by default.

Physically. Not that that matters. There are physically weak men also. No special rules apply to them. So the physical strength is of no concern.

This isn't to say that their brains are better by default. Men and Women are created differently. They even have different brain mechanisms. Women in Islam are treated with respect. Paradise lies at the feet of the mother in Islam. They raise families.

See? What I see embedded here, is that women are seen as human breeding vessels. "Stay home and take care of my kids".

Women are allowed freedom of speech, freedom of vote, freedoms to many things. (way before the Western women had and they had to fight for theirs)

Do they?
Then why do we always tend to see the opposite of that in today's islamic theocracies?

They can do almost everything any other women can do within the realms of the Islamic dress, behaviors, rules, etc.

"almost" :rolleyes:
I also note you felt the need to add the word "islamic" in there.
This is you recognizing that women have less rights in islamic theocracies then they do in secular democracies.

MyM

Why would non Muslim countries allow Muslims to preach and convert non Muslims in their land when Muslim countries have made preaching and conversion to non islamic religions in their own land?
What would happen to you (legally) in UAE if tomorrow you figure out that Islam is the wrong religion and publicly declare your new convictions to everyone?

Ok, first of all, in the west, particularly America, there is freedom of religion :) I was born in the states, raised in the states and trust me, Christians are all over the place and to say that, they enforce it upon many...Jehovah, First Baptist, etc. all ALWAYS out there preaching and trying to convert everyone and that is also annoying. It's like a telecommunicator...bothersome and annoying because they never stop. If you are having a law that is freedom of religion, why should it mind to covert every tom dick or harry? Muslims make up close to 2.5 million in the states. So, it is normally fine for them to be there and also if they wish try to tell others about Islam. Nothing wrong with it. :)
As for the UAE, it is multi-cultured. Immigrants from all over the world live here. So nothing will happen. But I will tell you, I will never, by the will of Allah ever go to any other religion since I found the true one for me :)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok, first of all, in the west, particularly America, there is freedom of religion :) I was born in the states, raised in the states and trust me, Christians are all over the place and to say that, they enforce it upon many...Jehovah, First Baptist, etc. all ALWAYS out there preaching and trying to convert everyone and that is also annoying. It's like a telecommunicator...bothersome and annoying because they never stop. If you are having a law that is freedom of religion, why should it mind to covert every tom dick or harry? Muslims make up close to 2.5 million in the states. So, it is normally fine for them to be there and also if they wish try to tell others about Islam. Nothing wrong with it. :)
As for the UAE, it is multi-cultured. Immigrants from all over the world live here. So nothing will happen. But I will tell you, I will never, by the will of Allah ever go to any other religion since I found the true one for me :)
You have not answered the question.
Do you think people should be allowed to freely preach their religions anywhere in the world, and people should be free to convert from one religion to the other?
Or do you think only Muslims should be free to preach and convert others and no Muslims should be allowed to be preached to and choose to get converted to another religion?

MyM

1. In most countries the number of men is more than number of women. Even if Allah was to allow more than one wife, he could have allowed two? So why four? Why did not Allah permit polyandry in countries where the number of men is more? If women can share one man, why not men can share one woman? The numbers for Qatar are serious, one woman for 2.42 men.
List of countries by sex ratio - Wikipedia
2. Just as women sometimes are infertile, men also are. So women should have been allowed more than one husband?
4. Some women also have strong desires. Has Allah permitted polyandry permitted for them?
5. Wives also die leaving men alone. In that case does Allah allow men without wives to find solace in wives of other men?

Allah has made excellent laws, but he should have considered the above points, then the laws would have been even better. What is your view about it?

Hello, and ty for nice legitimate questions. :)

• In Islam, we believe Allah is the fairest. He makes the rules, we trust in Him that things will be well since he is a fair Creator. One of his names in Islam is al Adl meaning the Just. He knows the limitations of all and what should be and not be. In Islam, there will be more women than men. When women and men age, women are indeed more statistically...they are living longer.
  • In Islam, If it were permitted for a woman to have two husbands or more, the world would be corrupted, lineages would be lost, the husbands would kill one another(look what happened to (Haabeel and Qaabeel-Cain and Able-jealousy), there would be great misery and tribulation, and there would be continuous trouble. Women tend to be more even-tempered than men, and less active than men, and men have been given more physical strength and energy which makes men’s desires greater than woman’s and men are affected by these desires more than women. Women are the gentler creation in my opinion. Imagine having a baby and not knowing who the father is.
  • In Islam, if the man is infertile, if that be the case, she can divorce. The option is there and it depends on her and how she feels.
  • Men have stronger sexual desires than women. This is proven their libido is much more stronger.
  • In Islam, men do not share wives :) or vice versa-(no swingin in Islam) If wives die, they can remarry.
When I first was studying Islam, this was one of the things that I questioned and until I finally started to understand it.. The more I studied, the more I understood. :)

MyM

When humans get taught you biologically and environmentally are one human sharing the experience human as two.

Exact created paired by body and the sex act. Natural. Owns no argument as it is exact.

Life's creator spiritually two humans one man one woman. Life's creators.

Biology owns sex by conditions physical.

Then a scientist your wise father. Older than you and wiser than you as an adult invents machines

One God o planet didn't design it.

Men by mind choices constantly mind control it. An inanimate object a machine.

So bio conscious spirituality thoughts human spirituality gets removed. By scientific man's choices to convert destroy as science. By thoughts.

Life gets atmospheric heaven recorded. Proven by human psychic. Man's machines proves it does also. Transmits voice and image through the heavens in which we live.

Transmits spiritually by vision.

As humans we are innocent of sex as virgins. Beginnings of life conception in the act chosen sex.

Next moment radiation angel cloud mass falls out burning. Life becomes sick irradiated.

DNA formed by human sex changes in biology and it is destroyed gone.. previous lived life bodies.

Next moment body life mind gets unnatural heavenly communicated to by transmissions. Stating the review life biology changing in the national DNA life.

Images of wives and husband's pre lived eradicated out of DNA health.

Affected the human belief. The idea advice by phenomena machine.

If it were not true no biological man would even believe sex existed after human death with virgins. He believes as it communicates advice subliminally.

You live life by brain chemistry feelings body changed as did the DNA of national families. A phenomena experience Idealised as it was notified.... by voice image from the heavens.

Where the unnatural ideas in life as paired human behaviours came from.

Is there a question you wish to ask? This is what this thread is for :)

MyM

Obviously it's not going to say that from itself. In fact I would expect it to say that it is women friendly.
The reality however is that it isn't. It treats women as second rate citizens (and sometimes not even that).

It has all kinds of special rules that only apply to women and which are never in their advantage. In fact, all these special rules always are in their disadvantage (or simply in the advantage of men).

Note how you talk about this in proprietary terms.
And while you use the word "must" to make it seem as if this is in the advantage of women, it really isn't.
It means that the man gets to have all the ambition, the career, the power, the money,...

Physically. Not that that matters. There are physically weak men also. No special rules apply to them. So the physical strength is of no concern.

See? What I see embedded here, is that women are seen as human breeding vessels. "Stay home and take care of my kids".

Do they?
Then why do we always tend to see the opposite of that in today's islamic theocracies?

"almost" :rolleyes:
I also note you felt the need to add the word "islamic" in there.
This is you recognizing that women have less rights in islamic theocracies then they do in secular democracies.

Women are not treated as second class citizens...which is not a good phrase to say. Remember how women had to fight in America to get the rights to do many things. They were treated like they didn't exist. In Islam, those rights were given to her over 1400 years ago. She is allowed to marry men of her own choosing, she is allowed to work (mind you, Mohammad's pbus first wife was one of the richest women around. Women are made differently and if you say they aren't, then you are lying. Men are more stronger created...Allah made them that way. Those women who have strength over a man might have more testosterone in her body (male hormone) but very rarely women are stronger than men. They are just physically not created like men.
So many people have no idea about women in Islam because the west will not let them hear the truth. Women have had their freedom over 1400 years ago. They can work, travel, marry, and no force is incumbent on them except what Allah has ordained. If you come across those who treat them badly blame the person or country not the religion.