• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have any questions about Islam, just ask. But please, no bashing, not ridiculing.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to Islam, This is not in connection to the Quran and Sunnah. I have quoted ahadith and Quranic ayaat. This is where I stand :)

We will be judged in Islam, according to our deeds. But know that in Islam, it isn't our deeds that enter us into Heaven, it is Allah.

You are not an authority on Quran nor am I. I know this in Quran with 100% certainty but who am I to claim to represent Quran or Sunnah?

I know Mohammad (s) and his family (a) intercession is for this world primarily, but their intercession is considered God's intercession just as part of relying on God is to ask the family of the reminder per Quran when we don't know.

They will intercede in next world, but the matter is already decided then, it's only formality then.

Rejecting their help is same as rejecting God's help. There is no way to God without his help. It's like the rope to the ceiling and then cutting it off. It doesn't make sense.

We help one another (humans) with jobs and other things in society, we all help but this role of providing light and connecting to God and guiding is for his chosen. We are to rely on them as to rely on God.

They are the rope of God along with God's book, and holding on to them in all states is necessary, whether one falls or rises, they will intercede by God's permission for souls and connect them if they can.

MyM

You are not an authority on Quran nor am I. I know this in Quran with 100% certainty but who am I to claim to represent Quran or Sunnah?

I know Mohammad (s) and his family (a) intercession is for this world primarily, but their intercession is considered God's intercession just as part of relying on God is to ask the family of the reminder per Quran when we don't know.

They are the rope of God along with God's book, and holding on to them in all states is necessary, whether one falls or rises, they will intercede by God's permission for souls and connect them if they can.

We will agree to disagree. :)

Audie

Veteran Member
If I was intolerant, I apologize. But to be bashed and talked down like I was ignorant piece of trash, I will bite back a bit. I do not hate.
Call it what you like but the bashing and trashing and bold font orders are all
from you.
Others may disagree, but I say 100% of
the unpleasantness comes from you.

epronovost

You shared an article on Sunni and Shia. You said you know the Quranic Interpretation differences in the article. There were none specified. So you had not read the article you shared.

Yes I did read and the only difference the article alludes to when it comes to Quranic differences, as I mentionned before, is linked to the fact that Shia believe that the Quran has an ''inner meaning'' which I suppose is a different way of assessing that text than a more literal reading. They also seem to disagree on the origin of the Quran (or at least who wrote it down specifically) and if there were any distortion to the text over time (but even amongst Shia there seems to be debates over that).

Shia view of the Quran - Wikipedia

Do you know those differences in more detail?

Okay. Now you are speaking about 73 different sects. So how do they differ in Quran interpretation?

I don't know. Do you know anything about those sects? To what sect of Islam do you belong to yourself?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
One man's ugly is another man's beauty and vice versa. All women

Can't say I really agree here.
I won't post any pictures because I'm not into "online shaming", but I can guarantee you that google images has quite a few search results from the terms "ugly woman" who will be seen by virtually all men (and women) to be quite ugly, and dramatically so as well.

Having said that... this touches upon something that I consider to be quite a glaring "tell" for Islam as a made up religion. It is so insanely men-centered. Truly a religion born from a "man's world" culture, where women have practically no voice at all and basically only exist to please the men. To the point almost of being male property.

It's a painful sign of the times, of the culture it was invented in.
We see pretty much the same thing in the bible.

Primitive, man's world, sexist,...

That's not to bash the religion. It's just my honest opinion.

It's also what I would expect from religions being invented. They will reflect the culture and morals of the populace in which it sprang into existence.

So for me, primitive philosophies like Islam and Christianity, is exactly what I would expect considering the primitive cultures they originated in.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What are some more striking differences in the cultures associated with Islam, and can you identify a country of origin? I'm thinking Indonesian, Moroccan, Libyan, Lebanese, Malaysian, or Pakistani, etc. It seems that immigrants in my city here in Canada build mosques associated with home countries a lot. So all the Lebanese go to one mosque, etc. (This is the city where the second mosque in North America was built, by Lebanese immigrants around the turn of the century. The first mosque, now defunct was in North Dakota.)

Are there Arabic dialects/accents that are detectable?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
With addition to this, would it be nice for God to say, your ugly you can show your hair? And some self-esteem beautiful women say they are ugly and God knows that too. And how demoralizing would that be for people who many of us may deem ugly?

About the same as telling all women that they should cover themselves, as if they have something to hide.

Audie

Veteran Member
About the same as telling all women that they should cover themselves, as if they have something to hide.
No, its way different.
Only a few are so ugly you dont want to see them.
The rule in question is for all women.

I have nice hair and I am not about to
cover so some xxxxxxx wont see it and sin.

MyM

Call it what you like but the bashing and trashing and bold font orders are all
from you.
Others may disagree, but I say 100% of
the unpleasantness comes from you.

if that is how you see it, fine you don't have to be here :)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes I did read and the only difference the article alludes to when it comes to Quranic differences, as I mentionned before, is linked to the fact that Shia believe that the Quran has an ''inner meaning'' which I suppose is a different way of assessing that text than a more literal reading. They also seem to disagree on the origin of the Quran (or at least who wrote it down specifically) and if there were any distortion to the text over time (but even amongst Shia there seems to be debates over that).

Shia view of the Quran - Wikipedia

Do you know those differences in more detail?

I don't know. Do you know anything about those sects? To what sect of Islam do you belong to yourself?

You are the person who brought this up. You should know very well. But you obviously don't. Why not study what you are bringing to the table instead a bit. Is not that more honest and valid?

So what are the so called "Distortions" you spoke of above?

MyM

Can't say I really agree here.
I won't post any pictures because I'm not into "online shaming", but I can guarantee you that google images has quite a few search results from the terms "ugly woman" who will be seen by virtually all men (and women) to be quite ugly, and dramatically so as well.

Having said that... this touches upon something that I consider to be quite a glaring "tell" for Islam as a made up religion. It is so insanely men-centered. Truly a religion born from a "man's world" culture, where women have practically no voice at all and basically only exist to please the men. To the point almost of being male property.

It's a painful sign of the times, of the culture it was invented in.
We see pretty much the same thing in the bible.

Primitive, man's world, sexist,...

That's not to bash the religion. It's just my honest opinion.

It's also what I would expect from religions being invented. They will reflect the culture and morals of the populace in which it sprang into existence.

So for me, primitive philosophies like Islam and Christianity, is exactly what I would expect considering the primitive cultures they originated in.

Ok, you can believe as you wish no one is forcing you to believe in Islam or any other religion. If you have a question, I will be glad to answer it for you. That is what this thread is about. If you wish to debate, please go somewhere else and do that. Thanks.

MyM

You are the person who brought this up. You should know very well. But you obviously don't. Why not study what you are bringing to the table instead a bit. Is not that more honest and valid?

So what are the so called "Distortions" you spoke of above?

Please, I don't want any debates or on n off discussions on different beliefs. Mainly this thread was to answer questions about Islam. If you want to discuss, please can you do it in another thread?

MyM

No, its way different.
Only a few are so ugly you dont want to see them.
The rule in question is for all women.

I have nice hair and I am not about to
cover so some xxxxxxx wont see it and sin.

Up to you.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Please, I don't want any debates or on n off discussions on different beliefs. Mainly this thread was to answer questions about Islam. If you want to discuss, please can you do it in another thread?

No. Sorry. When someone is making claims I will respond to it at my leisure.

MyM

What are some more striking differences in the cultures associated with Islam, and can you identify a country of origin? I'm thinking Indonesian, Moroccan, Libyan, Lebanese, Malaysian, or Pakistani, etc. It seems that immigrants in my city here in Canada build mosques associated with home countries a lot. So all the Lebanese go to one mosque, etc. (This is the city where the second mosque in North America was built, by Lebanese immigrants around the turn of the century. The first mosque, now defunct was in North Dakota.)

Are there Arabic dialects/accents that are detectable?

In Islam, that is the guidance. Around the cultures and traditions associated to each country per say, each country is different. Some build their mosques differently, Some wear different clothing. Some say the athaan (the call to prayer) differently. Those are just some of the differences. But all will say that Allah is one and Mohammad is the last servant and messenger of Allah.

Yes, actually, being that I do live in UAE, you can clearly pick up on different dialects of the Arabic language. There's Egyptian, Yemeni, Lebanese, Khaleeji and lots of other dialects. But in saying this, in Islam, there is only one Quran. We are to read it in the classical Arabic FusHa.