• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have any questions about Islam, just ask. But please, no bashing, not ridiculing.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's the beauty of Islam, we can have everything go back to the Quran and Sunnah.
al-Nisa’ 4:59

This is beauty maybe, or Hercules heel, we try and all dispute about it - we differ what Quran and Sunnah actually teaches and how to approach them.

MyM

Yes you are right and we can't be granted anything of Mohammad's (s) table except by God's permission. Mohammad (s) is light created by God and we can't connect to God without him. The light no matter where it is, is one. It's all connected. We are all connected, and the highest connection and emanation, is Mohammad (s). He has been commanded in Quran to connect who he can though.

May God free of us attachment to the shadows and lower world, and unite us with Mohammad (s) in this world and next, and make us die on his creed.

In Islam Allah states,
  • Allah has stated that the Prophet pbuh is human, and has explained what makes the Prophet pbuh different from the rest of mankind. He said :
“Say (O Muhammad): ‘I am only a man like you. It has been inspired to me that your God is One God (Allah). So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord.” al-Kahf 18:110

• Allah called His Prophet “light” and a “lamp spreading light” because of the guidance and light with which Allah sent him, with which Allah guides all those who answer his call:

“… Indeed, there has come to you a light pbuh and a plain Book (this Quran).” al-Maa’idah 5:

“And whoever invokes (or worships) besides Allah, any other god of whom he has no proof, then his reckoning is only with his Lord. Surely! Al-kaafiroon (the disbelievers) will not be successful.” al-Mu’minoon 23:117

In Islam, Mohammad came with the final message to mankind. The Quran.

MyM

This is beauty maybe, or Hercules heel, we try and all dispute about it - we differ what Quran and Sunnah actually teaches and how to approach them.

There are disputes yes but we always must go back to the Quran and Sunnah as Allah has said to do in the Quran. We find the authentication, we find the daleel(explanation). We don't go outside the realms of that.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In Islam Allah states,
  • Allah has stated that the Prophet pbuh is human, and has explained what makes the Prophet pbuh different from the rest of mankind. He said :
“Say (O Muhammad): ‘I am only a man like you. It has been inspired to me that your God is One God (Allah). So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord.” al-Kahf 18:110

• Allah called His Prophet “light” and a “lamp spreading light” because of the guidance and light with which Allah sent him, with which Allah guides all those who answer his call:

“… Indeed, there has come to you a light pbuh and a plain Book (this Quran).” al-Maa’idah 5:

“And whoever invokes (or worships) besides Allah, any other god of whom he has no proof, then his reckoning is only with his Lord. Surely! Al-kaafiroon (the disbelievers) will not be successful.” al-Mu’minoon 23:117

In Islam, Mohammad came with the final message to mankind. The Quran.

Humans are light and darkness, they gain power from energy of either dark nature or higher nature, when they follow Prophets, they become light and gain powers including ability (believers I'm talking about) to travel the earth (warp), talk to dead (anyone they wish), and break mountains, but such friends of God won't do anything without command of God's Khalifa, and he won't command except what God wishes.

Sorcerers and soothsayers gain power from Jinn, but those are trivial compared to the power of the light and friends of God.

Mohammad (s) is still ALIVE in the SKY connected to us through the Baqiyatallah (ajf) who to me is the 12th Imam (a) who is the connection between earth and the sky/heaven.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I have no idea beyond what was mentioned in article I posted; do you know more?

So your only differences are between Shia's and Sunni's right?
And your article only mentions the Qur'an twice. By word.

So you said you know the differences in Quran interpretation that are mentioned in the article. What do you know from it?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are disputes yes but we always must go back to the Quran and Sunnah as Allah has said to do in the Quran. We find the authentication, we find the daleel(explanation). We don't go outside the realms of that.

I agree with you but the method we don't agree upon.

The heart of Islam is how to approach Islam but most people heedless on how Quran and Sunnah teaches how to approach Islam.

epronovost

So your only differences are between Shia's and Sunni's right?

No there seems to be many, many more. I have heard the number of 73 different islamic sects, but I doubt this number is authoritative. I knew of Sufi Islam too. There seems to be quite a few school of interpretation of islamic literature.

Islamic schools and branches - Wikipedia

So you said you know the differences in Quran interpretation that are mentioned in the article. What do you know from it?

I know it's mostly linked to the idea that the Quran has an ''inner meaning'' though what does that entail, or means exactly, I have no idea.

firedragon

Veteran Member
No there seems to be many, many more. I have heard the number of 73 different islamic sects, but I doubt this number is authoritative. I knew of Sufi Islam too. There seems to be quite a few school of interpretation of islamic literature.

You shared an article on Sunni and Shia. You said you know the Quranic Interpretation differences in the article. There were none specified. So you had not read the article you shared.

Okay. Now you are speaking about 73 different sects. So how do they differ in Quran interpretation?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I know it's mostly linked to the idea that the Quran has an ''inner meaning'' though what does that entail, or means exactly, I have no idea.

It's related with sorcery to me. Sorcery blinds people to the clear book and clear signs of the clearest and brightest of books.

Part of the cure is giving Ahlulbayt (a) a chance to clarify their position in Quran and allow them to speak so as to contextualize Quran properly.

Most people won't even do that, but deny the chosen (safwatal) of the sent ones (mursaleen) even their chance to guide them. They already know we dirty Shiites lied right?

We let our hands be cut off, went to jail, suffered, so many killed all so we can lie about Ahlulbayt (a). :rolleyes:

MyM

Humans are light and darkness, they gain power from energy of either dark nature or higher nature, when they follow Prophets, they become light and gain powers including ability (believers I'm talking about) to travel the earth (warp), talk to dead (anyone they wish), and break mountains, but such friends of God won't do anything without command of God's Khalifa, and he won't command except what God wishes.

Sorcerers and soothsayers gain power from Jinn, but those are trivial compared to the power of the light and friends of God.

Mohammad (s) is still ALIVE in the SKY connected to us through the Baqiyatallah (ajf) who to me is the 12th Imam (a) who is the connection between earth and the sky/heaven.

That is how you believe. Once a person is dead, in Islam, we don't talk to the dead. Once you die, you body dies, your soul remains to be questioned. It is considered Shirk to call upon the dead for any reason.
  • Allah says in the Quran," If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call; and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you" Faatir 35:13-14
  • Islam teaches that Mohammad is a man. “Say (O Muhammad): I am only a man like you. It has been revealed to me that your Ilaah (God) is One Ilaah (God -Allahh)”al-Kahf 18:110
He was born from a mother and a father. He had uncles. He was human. He became a messenger of Allah at the age of 40. The revelation of the Quran took over a spam of 23 years. In that time Mohammad pbuh taught the people how to be good Muslims. He died at the age of 63. We are not to worship Mohammad pbuh in any way, shape, or form for that would constitute Shirk (ascribing partners unto Allah). We know what Allah and his messenger taught us.

In Islam, people come in all shapes, sizes and colors. They are sustained by what Allah has given them. (their Risq). They are but humans and do not posses the power to fly (maybe if they are under drugs or something lol astaghfirAllah). The believers in Islam, are not superheroes, they are believers in the oneness of Allah and they are born and they will die. Inshallah(God willling) Allah will grant them paradise. ameen

This is what is stated in Allah's Quran.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is how you believe. Once a person is dead, in Islam, we don't talk to the dead. Once you die, you body dies, your soul remains to be questioned. It is considered Shirk to call upon the dead for any reason.
  • Allah says in the Quran," If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call; and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you" Faatir 35:13-14
  • Islam teaches that Mohammad is a man. “Say (O Muhammad): I am only a man like you. It has been revealed to me that your Ilaah (God) is One Ilaah (God -Allahh)”al-Kahf 18:110
He was born from a mother and a father. He had uncles. He was human. He became a messenger of Allah at the age of 40. The revelation of the Quran took over a spam of 23 years. In that time Mohammad pbuh taught the people how to be good Muslims. He died at the age of 63. We are not to worship Mohammad pbuh in any way, shape, or form for that would constitute Shirk (ascribing partners unto Allah). We know what Allah and his messenger taught us.

In Islam, people come in all shapes, sizes and colors. They are sustained by what Allah has given them. (their Risq). They are but humans and do not posses the power to fly (maybe if they are under drugs or something lol astaghfirAllah). The believers in Islam, are not superheroes, they are believers in the oneness of Allah and they are born and they will die. Inshallah(God willling) Allah will grant them paradise. ameen

This is what is stated in Allah's Quran.

Why was Jinn not be able to enter heavens when Mohammad (s) is born per hadiths? This is one reason many Jinn believed in Mohammad (s).

We can't pray to anyone dead or alive. You are misunderstanding the position of intercession of chosen ones.

Mohammad (s) won't be able to save people from hell on day of judgment, it's too late then, if we die on hypocrisy or disbelief. Yet If we reach out to him now, his prayers are tranquility for us and he will be able to intercede and save us if we humble our spirits to receive his intercession and connection.

Intercession is about saving souls primarily and intervening on their path. Mohammad (s) is an intercessor and can intervene by God's permission.

Of course, from another viewpoint, God is the only intercessor, since they don't act but according to his command and permission in all that.

Also, they are the connection and reminder from God, so if we are not connected to them, we are disconnected from God.

We are to remember God through connecting to the family of the reminder.

Audie

Veteran Member
I can believe that. Still, no excuse to cause chaotic word warfare. sighs
There has not been anything resembling chaotic warfare.
You came in with demands as to
how we are permitted to behave, with all the insulting implications, and a lot
of complaints and demands you've made since. Who are you to do this?

Where do you honestly think the hate and
intolerance really is?

MyM

Why was Jinn not be able to enter heavens when Mohammad (s) is born per hadiths? This is one reason many Jinn believed in Mohammad (s).

We can't pray to anyone dead or alive. You are misunderstanding the position of intercession of chosen ones.

Mohammad (s) won't be able to save people from hell on day of judgment, it's too late then, if we die on hypocrisy or disbelief. Yet If we reach out to him now, his prayers are tranquility for us and he will be able to intercede and save us if we humble our spirits to receive his intercession and connection.

In Islam, we do not ask of anyone including Mohammad pbuh EVEN FROM OUR PRAYERS, for that is SHIRK. We are not allowed to pray to anyone but Allah. No one. No one is allowed to pray to any person dead or alive. Prayer is only to Allah swt. not his messenger pbuh. Du'a (supplication) is only to Allah not his messenger pbuh.

Intercession on the Day of Judgement is of two types:

• Intercession which will be accepted. This is intercession which is proven in the texts of sharee’ah.
  • Intercession which will be rejected. This is intercession which according to the texts of the Quran and Sunnah is invalid and ineffective.
-The greatest intercession, which is al-maqaam al-mahmood, which the earlier and later generations will ask the Prophet pbuh to intercede for them with their Lord so that He might relieve them of the horrors of the Day of Judgement. Sahih Bukhari has the full hadith and if you wish I can provide it but it is lengthy.
-Intercession for those among the monotheists who committed major sins and entered Hell, that they may be brought forth from it. It was narrated that Anas said: The Messenger of Allah pbuh said: “My intercession will be for those among my ummah who committed major sins.” (Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 1983).
-The intercession of the Messenger for people whose good deeds and bad deeds are equal, that they may enter Paradise, and for others who had been ordered to Hell, that they may not enter it.
-Intercession that some people may enter Paradise without being brought to account.
-Intercession of the Prophet pbuh for his paternal uncle Abu Taalib, so that the torment of the Fire be reduced for him. This applies only in the case of the Prophet pbuh and his paternal uncle Abu Taalib.
-The intercession of the Prophet pbuh that the believers might be granted permission to enter Paradise.

Intercession for those who committed sin will not be granted only to the Prophet pbuh, rather the Prophets, the martyrs, the scholars, the righteous and the angels will also join in that. A man’s righteous deeds may also intercede for him. But the Prophet pbuh will have the greatest share of intercession.

MyM

There has not been anything resembling chaotic warfare.
You came in with demands as to
how we are permitted to behave, with all the insulting implications, and a lot
of complaints and demands you've made since. Who are you to do this?

Where do you honestly think the hate and
intolerance really is?

If I was intolerant, I apologize. But to be bashed and talked down like I was ignorant piece of trash, I will bite back a bit. I do not hate.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm saying day of judgment, your sins and actions are set. It's too late to change, they will intercede but it's not a big factor, everything is justly weighed that day, but that's not the purpose of Quran telling us about Mohammad's (s) position of intercession. It's so we benefit of it in this world and connect to him.

This world souls effect other souls. Lead astray, guide, help, inspire, demoralize, etc...

Mohammad (s) intercession is mainly about his role right now in this world.

Day of judgment, really, it's formality, and only God is in control. The whole matter is judged and weighted by him.

There is intercession, but it's more formality. While in this world, is where Mohammad (s) really can change a soul's fate if reached out to him.

Allah (swt) teaches us in Quran to reach out to him in many verses.

Dead or alive does not do difference per Quran.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In Islam, we do not ask of anyone including Mohammad pbuh EVEN FROM OUR PRAYERS, for that is SHIRK. We are not allowed to pray to anyone but Allah. No one. No one is allowed to pray to any person dead or alive. Prayer is only to Allah swt. not his messenger pbuh. Du'a (supplication) is only to Allah not his messenger pbuh.

Intercession on the Day of Judgement is of two types:

• Intercession which will be accepted. This is intercession which is proven in the texts of sharee’ah.
  • Intercession which will be rejected. This is intercession which according to the texts of the Quran and Sunnah is invalid and ineffective.
-The greatest intercession, which is al-maqaam al-mahmood, which the earlier and later generations will ask the Prophet pbuh to intercede for them with their Lord so that He might relieve them of the horrors of the Day of Judgement. Sahih Bukhari has the full hadith and if you wish I can provide it but it is lengthy.
-Intercession for those among the monotheists who committed major sins and entered Hell, that they may be brought forth from it. It was narrated that Anas said: The Messenger of Allah pbuh said: “My intercession will be for those among my ummah who committed major sins.” (Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 1983).
-The intercession of the Messenger for people whose good deeds and bad deeds are equal, that they may enter Paradise, and for others who had been ordered to Hell, that they may not enter it.
-Intercession that some people may enter Paradise without being brought to account.
-Intercession of the Prophet pbuh for his paternal uncle Abu Taalib, so that the torment of the Fire be reduced for him. This applies only in the case of the Prophet pbuh and his paternal uncle Abu Taalib.
-The intercession of the Prophet pbuh that the believers might be granted permission to enter Paradise.

Intercession for those who committed sin will not be granted only to the Prophet pbuh, rather the Prophets, the martyrs, the scholars, the righteous and the angels will also join in that. A man’s righteous deeds may also intercede for him. But the Prophet pbuh will have the greatest share of intercession.

Sister, there is no chance, without intercession and intervention for any soul to see God without Mohammad (s) and his family (a) because they are the reminder. You need their approval and pleasure, and need their Waseela connection.

Whoever is blind to the greatest sign of God mainly the Imam of our time, will be blind in the next and more astray.

All people can talk about light but are outside the door of light, except, those who Mohammad (a) and his family (a) approve of and connect them to God.

Quran and Mohammad (s) are one and same light. They are to be approached together.

MyM

I'm saying day of judgment, your sins and actions are set. It's too late to change, they will intercede but it's not a big factor, everything is justly weighed that day, but that's not the purpose of Quran telling us about Mohammad's (s) position of intercession. It's so we benefit of it in this world and connect to him.

This world souls effect other souls. Lead astray, guide, help, inspire, demoralize, etc...

Mohammad (s) intercession is mainly about his role right now in this world.

Day of judgment, really, it's formality, and only God is in control. The whole matter is judged and weighted by him.

There is intercession, but it's more formality. While in this world, is where Mohammad (s) really can change a soul's fate if reached out to him.

Allah (swt) teaches us in Quran to reach out to him in many verses.

Dead or alive does not do difference per Quran.

In Islam, in an authenticated hadith by Bukhari and Muslim it says,

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Every prophet has a supplication that is answered. I intend to delay my supplication as an intercession for my nation in the Hereafter.”

In another narration, the Prophet said, “It is granted, if Allah wills, to whoever dies in my nation not associating anything with Allah.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5945, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 199

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim

Mohammad pbuh cannot change anything. He is dead. In Islam, we believe He will be raised up like everyone else and that he was a mighty messenger of Allah and that he will be able to intercede on the Day of Judgement.

Islam tells us, Know that praying and making du'a to other than Allah constitutes Shirk.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In Islam, in an authenticated hadith by Bukhari and Muslim it says,

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Every prophet has a supplication that is answered. I intend to delay my supplication as an intercession for my nation in the Hereafter.”

In another narration, the Prophet said, “It is granted, if Allah wills, to whoever dies in my nation not associating anything with Allah.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5945, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 199

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim

Mohammad pbuh cannot change anything. He is dead. In Islam, we believe He will be raised up like everyone else and that he was a mighty messenger of Allah and that he will be able to intercede on the Day of Judgement.

Islam tells us, Know that praying and making du'a to other than Allah constitutes Shirk.

Day of judgment, no soul can help any soul, it's too late.

Intercession is all God's control and formality. Everyone is accounted for their deeds. No soul really control anything anymore for a soul that day.

It's this world, where people can benefit or harm. Souls are allowed to guide and misguide.

Jinn misguide so many humans, and Mohammad (s) and his family (a) is the door out of the murky shadows and the light in the darkness.

They annul the sorcery and empower the honorable swords of believers by their holy souls, as they are the sword of God.

MyM

Sister, there is no chance, without intercession and intervention for any soul to see God without Mohammad (s) and his family (a) because they are the reminder. You need their approval and pleasure, and need their Waseela connection.

Whoever is blind to the greatest sign of God mainly the Imam of our time, will be blind in the next and more astray.

All people can talk about light but are outside the door of light, except, those who Mohammad (a) and his family (a) approve of and connect them to God.

Quran and Mohammad (s) are one and same light. They are to be approached together.

According to Islam, This is not in connection to the Quran and Sunnah. I have quoted ahadith and Quranic ayaat. This is where I stand :)

We will be judged in Islam, according to our deeds. But know that in Islam, it isn't our deeds that enter us into Heaven, it is Allah.