• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have any questions about Islam, just ask. But please, no bashing, not ridiculing.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Question: If Allah leads people astray so they cannot be guided, sets a seal on people's hearts so they cannot believe, and creates many people for hell, how are they able to exercise free will in the matter of belief?
Thanks
Loaded Question: God doesn't lead astray to the extent a person can't be guided. Doesn't seal hearts so they cannot believe. This is just describing states they are currently in, and saying Mohammad (s) can't just magically change, but that the ball is in their court. There are some forever lost souls, but that's not what is being described.

It means whether he warns them or not, doesn't make them change, rather it's up to them. You have to know expressions are limited by other expressions and interpreted by other expressions.

God emphasizes to pray to him, soften one's heart, don't be stubborn to proofs and to believe in his light and the light of his Messengers (a). People can change their state of disbelief, this is why Quran says, if people cease their rebellion in disbelief and opposition, the past will be forgiven.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Question: Is it still morally acceptable, in principle, to use female captives for sex, as permitted by Allah in the Quran and condones by Muhammad in the sunnah?

Loaded question, it was never permitted, Malakat aymanihim has two forms, Marriage and Muta, and mostly means Muta in Quran except in 4:23 it means marriage in that instance and then talks about the 2nd form of it which is muta.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
Loaded Question: God doesn't lead astray to the extent a person can't be guided. Doesn't seal hearts so they cannot believe. This is just describing states they are currently in, and saying Mohammad (s) can't just magically change, but that the ball is in their court. There are some forever lost souls, but that's not what is being described.

It means whether he warns them or not, doesn't make them change, rather it's up to them. You have to know expressions are limited by other expressions and interpreted by other expressions.

God emphasizes to pray to him, soften one's heart, don't be stubborn to proofs and to believe in his light and the light of his Messengers (a). People can change their state of disbelief, this is why Quran says, if people cease their rebellion in disbelief and opposition, the past will be forgiven.
Your opinion has been noted, but the Quran is clear on the issue. Thanks anyway.

btw, NO DEBATING!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Question: As Muhammad is revered as the "best of creation", the ultimate role model and moral example for all mankind, is it still morally acceptable for a middle-aged man to have sex with a 9 year old child, in principle?

It's not permitted in Quran to marry children (age of marriage is said to be age of guidance and prime, it's the same age when orphans are to be given control over their wealth). So this has two possibilities: Mohammad (s) did not do it or he did, his actions were similar to Khidr's (a) actions which were all against the Shariah and Yusuf (a) when he made it as if his brothers stole when they did not.

It might have other reasons if he did. And it might be that he didn't do it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your opinion has been noted, but the Quran is clear on the issue. Thanks anyway.

btw, NO DEBATING!

You should learn how Arabic language works. English people are usually very literal and precise. Not every language is like that.

MyM

Salam

Another person is also curious (non-Muslim) to see your methodology in approaching Quran and Sunnah as far sectarian issue goes. This is also why a lot of people don't accept Islam, because, they think it's endless disputes and there is no proper means at arriving at conclusions over the sectarian disputes and Fiqh disputes (which is different then sectarian disputes).

Some people like KWED, say it's represented by scholars. Some people like me believe relying on scholars is against the advice of Quran.

You can ignore it or you can show your reasoning. I can't help you if you don't show your reasoning.

You may believe you are correct, but Quran says "bring your proof if you are truthful".

I've shown my reasoning in other threads and my methodology. This is not about my version of Islam or lack of full form of it, it's about your Islam and the one you are claiming to be on.

My methodology is what I said it is. I take what is authenticated and proven in the Quran and Sunnah. I claim to no madhab for each one has beneficial authenticated evidences. I claim to the ahul ahadith for they are the ones in charge of ahadith. I claim on the ones who have studied the Quran and are straight in their aqeedah. My methodology is that of the Quran and Sunnah. I am not connected to any sect for 73 sects of Islam will be in hellfire. So again, last time please, I'm on the Quran and Sunnah.

I put that K person on ignore for he just wouldn't stop causing chaos in my thread and challenged and I spent more time defending my religion than helping others know about Islam...This is not debates.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
Loaded question, it was never permitted, Malakat aymanihim has two forms, Marriage and Muta, and mostly means Muta in Quran except in 4:23 it means marriage in that instance and then talks about the 2nd form of it which is muta.
Stop this. My question was for MyM on her special thread.
Your reply is misleading and thus requires me to rebut, which would constitute debating. NO DEBATING! You spoiled her other thread. Don't spoil this one as well.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@MyM to me the first and foremost thing was figuring on how Quran and Sunnah should be approached. So I'm curious on your methodology.

MyM

There is this thread: The Quran as a miracle - is it a legitimate challenge? | Religious Forums
Which links to this thread: Signs of eloquence in Quran | Religious Forums

The first is about just philosophical if a writing can be a miracle and humanity not being able to bring likes of it would a sign of that.
The second is about particular signs of eloquence (just scratching surface so far).

Similarly, I make a thread arguing if dark magic is upon Quran, it would be indication of it's truth: Argument - proving Islam through magic (probabilistic argument) | Religious Forums
And then linked to that is a thread arguing the case that there is dark magic blinding people to much of Quran: Evidence of magic upon the Quran. | Religious Forums

There is so much hate. I don't understand why people hate so much. Is it a threat to them or what? If it's all athiests, I don't really care to embark upon arguing with them. It's all a vicious circle over and over the same stuff they dish out. No matter what you say to them, they have so much hate for any religion that it shows their true quality. I just don't like to discuss with them because they turn religion into bashing and temper tantrums, like the one I had to put on ignore last night.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Many years ago I briefly thought about converting to Islam. One of my problems with Christianity was the idea of the virgin birth. It has always seemed ridiculous to me.
I was told that the virgin birth is mentioned in the Quran. Therefore my belief is in direct conflict with the idea that the Quran is the word of God.
That was the end of my considering Islam.
Is my viewpoint correct?

The virgin birth is not mentioned in the Qur'an. It is an inference based on a verse that says when the angel Gabriel informed Mary about the coming birth of Jesus, she says she has not known a man as in have sexual relations with a man. It doesnt really say that she never had sex afterwards, and/or that she actually had a virgin birth.

Nevertheless, I would think that you should assert if God exists, then if the Quran is a valid scripture of God, and if its valid what it says has to be by default true. And if God had the capability of creating and growing this universe, he might be able to do what he does.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is so much hate. I don't understand why people hate so much. Is it a threat to them or what? If it's all athiests, I don't really care to embark upon arguing with them. It's all a vicious circle over and over the same stuff they dish out. No matter what you say to them, they have so much hate for any religion that it shows their true quality. I just don't like to discuss with them because they turn religion into bashing and temper tantrums, like the one I had to put on ignore last night.

You have to be patient. Mohammad (s) was accused of all sorts of things including being a lying sorcerer doing magic both from miracles and that Quran was a means of sorcery on his followers. The magic was not totally denied by Quran, because it has some truth to it, Quran and Mohammad's (s) power as Pole and Guide to heal goes together, but it's truth and higher then magic, but true power from God "You did not throw when you threw but God threw". Quran would work with his Sunnah and his Light and his holy spirit to guide, but it was and still is truth.

The world is magical, and Mohammad (s) is truth in it. Quran is the truth by which the true power from God can guide us and Angels help us.

MyM

This is what all Muslims differ about. So how do you do that?

I have a sheikh who studied under Albani may Allah be pleased with him. And he has sheikhs that we know and on good terms :) My sons as well have studied under them. We are close.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have a sheikh who studied under Albani may Allah be pleased with him. And he has sheikhs that we know and on good terms :) My sons as well have studied under them. We are close.

Okay I see. I understand where you coming from. So you depend on later scholars like Al-Dahabi? To me, Ibn Hajjar didn't have memory problems but was accused of it because people couldn't handle the truth he showed in forms of hadiths.

I believe Ibn Hajjar exposed a big problem in Sunni Methodology and only way to refute him really, was to accuse him of having bad memory and mixing everything up when there is no evidence of such.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Of course, Ibn Hajjar wanted to refute Shiites too. But he also was exposing a big fault in Sunni Methodology and was sympathetic and more fair in approach to hadiths.

Easy to do away with what he showed by accusing him of having bad memory.

firedragon

Veteran Member

All the best to you brother and your family brother.