• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have any questions about Islam, just ask. But please, no bashing, not ridiculing.

MyM

Do you believe it should be compulsory for women to wear a head covering, and if so, which type? (i.e. hijab, burqa etc.)

In Islam, Allah says that women must not show her adornments to those other than whom she can marry. I will give you the verse in the Quran.

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigor, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”
[al-Noor 24:31]

In Islam, covering of beauty is part of the main reason why women should cover their bodies and their hair. The main one is because Allah has said to. They are considered adornments and beautifications.

In the Bible it also says, For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head. NRSV 1 Corinthians 11:6.

In the West, covering the hair and protecting herself with an outer covering is good like loose clothes and such. It helps her keep her modesty in tact when going out.

MyM

Then again it's not telling us much as to what school of thought you are following to prove authenticated by the Quran and ahadith. You already mentionned that you are not a Shia Muslim so their school of thought and their own ''authentication'' of the Quran's teachings is already rejected. Who are your teachers; what's your lense of analysis?

Why is it that you wish to know? This is a nice thread of learning about Islam. Are you here to cause trouble? I answered your questions and that is what I stand upon.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

My question is how do you interpret 42:23 and what's your methodology? Me, personally, I recall most of Quran when it comes to it. It funnels a lot of Quran from topics of chosen ones and their mystic kinship and the form they come in groups known by various titles including "Ahlulbayt", the reward verses in general are all recalled, mainly that it's an accusation and not a reality and what soothsayers see Mohammad (s) doing miracles for (accuse him as a sorcerer seeking authority and moral landscaping) and most of Quran including topic of Tawhid and obedience to God can be funneled to it. But that's just me. I want to see your methodology.

Since there is many hadiths about 42:23, I want to see your methodology in knowing which one is true. Let's see if you can go past circular reasoning justification for it (Bukhari is deemed more authentic because my scholars say so, and my scholars are enlightened and to be followed because they are based on the Sunnah they themselves authenticate).

I have a feeling you are caught in circular reasoning in approaching Quran and Sunnah.

Audie

Veteran Member
I am restarting this thread in hopes that those who want to know and learn about Islam can ask. If I am able, I will try my best to answer as truthfully as possible. I wish sincere questions and not hateful questions please. Thank you.
Why do you believe in it

MyM

Do you support polygamy?

Polygamy is allowed in Islam, but there are rules one must abide by. You must be able to support and treat each wife the same/fair. You are not allowed to have more than four. In the Quran, Allah says, if you cannot do justice with them, marry only one.

In Islam, there are reasons why polygamy is beneficial.
1. It is proven statistically that women are more than men. It allows opportunity.
2. It could be that the wife not able to bear children. Again advantageous.
3. Men go to wars leaving behind their wives. Again advantageous.
4. Some men have strong individual desires that one is not enough. Again advantageous.
5. A women could be widowed. Again advantageous.

These are just some of the reasons why Islam permits polygamy. The main one is that Allah says it is permissible in the Quran.

Prophet Sulaymon had over 90 wives and in the Christian Bible, so many others had hundreds upon hundreds of wives.

MyM

Why do you believe in it

I believe in Islam because I truly feel beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Islam is the last message from our Creator. I believe that all others have failed to hold up to the standard of Allah. In that I mean, faults have been found in their messages. Anyone can have a belief, but in Islam, we are not to just follow what the teachers preach, but what is authenticated. I believe that Allah created mankind to worship him and in Allah there are no mistakes.

MyM

Salam

My question is how do you interpret 42:23 and what's your methodology? Me, personally, I recall most of Quran when it comes to it. It funnels a lot of Quran from topics of chosen ones and their mystic kinship and the form they come in groups known by various titles including "Ahlulbayt", the reward verses in general are all recalled, mainly that it's an accusation and not a reality and what soothsayers see Mohammad (s) doing miracles for (accuse him as a sorcerer seeking authority and moral landscaping) and most of Quran including topic of Tawhid and obedience to God can be funneled to it. But that's just me. I want to see your methodology.

Since there is many hadiths about 42:23, I want to see your methodology in knowing which one is true. Let's see if you can go past circular reasoning justification for it (Bukhari is deemed more authentic because my scholars say so, and my scholars are enlightened and to be followed because they are based on the Sunnah they themselves authenticate).

I have a feeling you are caught in circular reasoning in approaching Quran and Sunnah.

Assalaamu'alaykum,

I don't feel I am caught in a circular reasoning. I abide by the Quran and Sunnah as I have stated before. I am not here to be tested for what I believe in. I am upon the Quran and Sunnah. I am not Shi'ee nor am I Sufi, etc....I follow Quran and Sunnah. We have our differences you and I so please do not take it upon yourself to demean my reasoning because I am trying to help those learn about Islam. Simple thread, simple questions for those who want to know about Islam. It doesn't have to get technical. I'm not here for that. :)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Assalaamu'alaykum,

I don't feel I am caught in a circular reasoning. I abide by the Quran and Sunnah as I have stated before. I am not here to be tested for what I believe in. I am upon the Quran and Sunnah. I am not Shi'ee nor am I Sufi, etc....I follow Quran and Sunnah. We have our differences you and I so please do not take it upon yourself to demean my reasoning because I am trying to help those learn about Islam. Simple thread, simple questions for those who want to know about Islam. It doesn't have to get technical. I'm not here for that. :)

Salam

Another person is also curious (non-Muslim) to see your methodology in approaching Quran and Sunnah as far sectarian issue goes. This is also why a lot of people don't accept Islam, because, they think it's endless disputes and there is no proper means at arriving at conclusions over the sectarian disputes and Fiqh disputes (which is different then sectarian disputes).

Some people like KWED, say it's represented by scholars. Some people like me believe relying on scholars is against the advice of Quran.

You can ignore it or you can show your reasoning. I can't help you if you don't show your reasoning.

You may believe you are correct, but Quran says "bring your proof if you are truthful".

I've shown my reasoning in other threads and my methodology. This is not about my version of Islam or lack of full form of it, it's about your Islam and the one you are claiming to be on.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One man's ugly is another man's beauty and vice versa. All women
With addition to this, would it be nice for God to say, your ugly you can show your hair? And some self-esteem beautiful women say they are ugly and God knows that too. And how demoralizing would that be for people who many of us may deem ugly?

Audie

Veteran Member
I believe in Islam because I truly feel beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Islam is the last message from our Creator. I believe that all others have failed to hold up to the standard of Allah. In that I mean, faults have been found in their messages. Anyone can have a belief, but in Islam, we are not to just follow what the teachers preach, but what is authenticated. I believe that Allah created mankind to worship him and in Allah there are no mistakes.
Its how you feel

Audie

Veteran Member
Assalaamu'alaykum,

If you dont want reasoning questioned
you dont want to reveal very much.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you dont want reasoning questioned
you dont want to reveal very much.

There is this thread: The Quran as a miracle - is it a legitimate challenge? | Religious Forums
Which links to this thread: Signs of eloquence in Quran | Religious Forums

The first is about just philosophical if a writing can be a miracle and humanity not being able to bring likes of it would a sign of that.
The second is about particular signs of eloquence (just scratching surface so far).

Similarly, I make a thread arguing if dark magic is upon Quran, it would be indication of it's truth: Argument - proving Islam through magic (probabilistic argument) | Religious Forums
And then linked to that is a thread arguing the case that there is dark magic blinding people to much of Quran: Evidence of magic upon the Quran. | Religious Forums

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
I am restarting this thread in hopes that those who want to know and learn about Islam can ask. If I am able, I will try my best to answer as truthfully as possible. I wish sincere questions and not hateful questions please. Thank you.
Question: If Allah leads people astray so they cannot be guided, sets a seal on people's hearts so they cannot believe, and creates many people for hell, how are they able to exercise free will in the matter of belief?
Thanks

KWED

Question: Is it still morally acceptable, in principle, to use female captives for sex, as permitted by Allah in the Quran and condoned by Muhammad in the sunnah?

Last edited:

KWED

Question: As Muhammad is revered as the "best of creation", the ultimate role model and moral example for all mankind, is it still morally acceptable for a middle-aged man to have sex with a 9 year old child, in principle?

KWED

1. It is proven statistically that women are more than men. It allows opportunity.
While I won't be engaging in debate here, I will be pulling you up on any deliberate misinformation.
Men and women are almost equal in numbers - 50.4% men and 49.6% women. (Source UN Population Dynamics)
I expect you to edit your post accordingly.