• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could teach any kind of weird subject what would it be?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I would be a professor in the serial killer department. America has more convicted serial killers than all other 194 nation's combined. Read that a second time and chew on it a bit. How does one friggin country have over 60% of the convicted serial killers? Id try to discover the reasons for this and have all my students write about the reasons for this phenomenon.

David1967

Premium Member
I would be a professor in the serial killer department. America has more convicted serial killers than all other 194 nation's combined. Read that a second time and chew on it a bit. How does one friggin country have over 60% of the convicted serial killers? Id try to discover the reasons for this and have all my students write about the reasons for this phenomenon.

Sasqualogy.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Homeopathy, probably. Theology and astrology would also be candidates.

Ciao

- fiole

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Weird subject? Crapping.

How about the first semester being the history of the toilet including evidence from prehistorical findings, how people crapped in China, India, Japan, the middle east, Europe and the Americas down through the ages. Or maybe that would take two semesters to cover.

The next semester would include a debate between sitting vs squatting, paper vs water vs other products such as sponges.

The final semester would be all about diet, illness and drugs impact on stool color, consistency, frequency, smell and so forth.

There would of course be lab work where the class would first produce and then analyze their own stools.

01-Ostia-Toilets-Fubar-Obfusco-Wikimedia-Commons.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Weird subject? Crapping.

How about the first semester being the history of the toilet including evidence from prehistorical findings, how people crapped in China, India, Japan, the middle east, Europe and the Americas down through the ages. Or maybe that would take two semesters to cover.

The next semester would include a debate between sitting vs squatting, paper vs water vs other products such as sponges.

The final semester would be all about diet, illness and drugs impact on stool color, consistency, frequency, smell and so forth.

There would of course be lab work where the class would first produce and then analyze their own stools.

01-Ostia-Toilets-Fubar-Obfusco-Wikimedia-Commons.jpg

I'd hate to be there on final exam day.

Laika

Premium Member
If you could teach any kind of weird subject what would it be?

The application of Dialectical Materialism in Soviet Theoretical Physics, preferably with a doctorate from the University of Chernobyl. I hear their reputation is positively glowing. ;)

Having read a great deal of Soviet philosophy, the intersection between that and theoretical physics would be a truly bizarre and alien perspective on the world. That way I can fulfil my childhood dreams of becoming a mad scientist and challenging our understanding of the universe (after watching back to the future far too many times).

images

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The battle of good versus evil, of course.

I'd start from the initial Celtics teams, and how they represent all that is good and true, and then slowly introduce the Lakers, and their twisted and distorted view on life (ie. basketball)

PolaSrca

Alternative teaching methods for history. Required materials for this course include every Sabaton album.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'd love to learn a lot more about body piercing, tattooing, and other body altering and then be able to teach it to interested people.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'd totally do this course!

What piercing (not counting earrings) have you done, if any? My piercer shared some of her knowledge, like the spot to avoid on the tongue, which I found interesting. I'd love to apprentice somewhere.