• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If You Could Create Your Own Universe

t3gah

1. Free food.
  2. Free water.
  3. Free housing.
  4. Free transportation.
  5. Free from hate, greed, envy, and all of the 'bad' traits that humans have now.

Which reminds me of a quote I heard in a movie. The movie was Contact.

IF this planet is all the 'life' there is in the current Universe, what are all those other celestial bodies for?

6. Free book that describes in english what everything is for. written on a substance that would never wear out and with 'ink' that could never be erased or covered over.
7. Free endless life.

½ Sane

"I'm a mess"
Interesting thought. I’d want everything living to have a free will but I’d appoint a higher power to have control over anything harmful to the peace and quality of life in said universe.

I'd make a perfect universe. Who wouldn't? (And no, a perfect universe wouldn't be boring...if it were boring, it wouldn't be perfect ;) .)

Lightkeeper said:
What is a perfect Universe?
Great question! I honestly don't know. It seems like someone would find something wrong with just about any universe, thereby rendering it imperfect. I guess in a perfect universe everyone would have true love and live in bliss forever.

Maybe a perfect universe is impossible...but if it were possible to create a perfect universe, that's what I would do.

Lightkeeper

Mr_Spinkles said:
Great question! I honestly don't know. It seems like someone would find something wrong with just about any universe, thereby rendering it imperfect. I guess in a perfect universe everyone would have true love and live in bliss forever.

Maybe a perfect universe is impossible...but if it were possible to create a perfect universe, that's what I would do.
Are you talking Garden of Eden?:)

Lightkeeper said:
Are you talking Garden of Eden?
smile.gif
Something like that, minus the serpent and the Tree of Knowledge.

½ Sane

"I'm a mess"
I think I’d do away with air in my universe. All this breathing in and out. Constantly. Innn and outtt. :jiggy: It drives me nuts. :banghead3

Master Vigil

Very interesting question. I don't have an answer, but I'm gonna think real hard about it for a while. Perhaps I will be back with an answer. Perhaps.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
This reminds me of the 'create -a- world' thread from awhile back. Except this time, we get an entire universe! *dances happily*

I had to think about it for a bit, since my favorite fictional universe/ world involves a planet- sized turtle swimming through space, supporting four elephants on its' back, which, in turn, support a disc where the people live on. I didn't think one could get much better than that.

But then I realized, by looking at Mr. Spinkles' avatar, that the perfect universe would involve a star system that continually rotated around a giant disembodied head that resembled and had the personality of Homer Simpson.

I think I need sleep.