• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could ask one question to God?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So therefore, we can be sure that the suffering God allows is in our best interest, right?

In the long run, yes. Bear in mind that the benefits might not be realized until after we die and ascend to the spiritual world.
So God has no moral obligation to act in the face of evil?
God has no moral obligations because God is not a human so God is not subject to morality. Only humans have the moral obligation to act in the face of evil.
I personally feel an obligation to act. Why wouldn't God? Is your god less moral than I am?
God is not a human so God is not subject to the moral Laws He revealed for humans.

You speak as if you think that God is Superman or something. That is really silly.
If God in his infallible wisdom chooses to allow some sort of suffering - a mass shooting - then we can infer from God's actions that this particular suffering is approved by God.
No, we cannot infer that just because “hypothetically” God could have stopped a mass shooting since God is omnipotent that God approved of the mass shooting. God allows evil because free will is sacrosanct in God’s eyes; that is why God gave free will to us, to use as we choose. Unfortunately there is collateral damage and innocent people suffer because of evil people, but God’s mercy and justice will prevail, so nobody ever gets by with anything. There will thus be punishment for the evil doers and recompense for the innocent who suffered at their hands.
But how can the same mass shooting be a good thing when we're talking about God's role in it, but a bad thing when we're talking about the shooter's role? It's the same event.
God has no “role” in a mass shooting because God does not do evil. All evil comes from humans. When humans break the Law of God, that results in evil deeds. There would be no evil if people followed the Law of God.

“God hath in that Book, and by His behest, decreed as lawful whatsoever He hath pleased to decree, and hath, through the power of His sovereign might, forbidden whatsoever He elected to forbid. To this testifieth the text of that Book. Will ye not bear witness? Men, however, have wittingly broken His law. Is such a behavior to be attributed to God, or to their proper selves? Be fair in your judgment. Every good thing is of God, and every evil thing is from yourselves. Will ye not comprehend? This same truth hath been revealed in all the Scriptures, if ye be of them that understand.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 149-150

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Tell that to the religious killers that murder and commit genocide in the name of their god
Also tell most Religious about the 9th commandment seems they have forgotten that too
And falling into mythology does not help

But of course this is diverting from the discussion that god created (and boasted about creating) evil

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
As the topic say..

If you could ask God ONE question and he/she would answer you with the truth, what would you ask?

(Just use whatever God you believe in and if atheists wants to join, just assume that one of them exists.)

For me, I think it would be:

Why did you create us?
"why do you play hide and seek, to the point of where the entire human species fights bloody wars over who is and isn't right about you?"