• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could ask one question to God?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
He has nothing to say about that that I know of ..
God created a world which is a storehouse of suffering ..
And what about adults both young and old who suffer through no fault of their own?
Infants and children get off easy because they are released from this storehouse of suffering and are plunged into the mercy of God whereas the rest of us have to live out our term.
I knew it that he would not have said anything to say about that. So, Allah created a world which is a storehouse of suffering. Did he not know what he was doing? Or did he not have control over what he was doing? Or Allah is inherently evil, and all this talk of love just being talk?
Yeah, about the young and old too, not just infants. Infants and Children get of easy. But why should they have to face such a situation to start with? And why should the rest of us have to face it all our lives? So many infirmities and diseases in old age.
Your Allah seems to be the most cruel sadist. He enjoys all this sitting in his heaven and does nothing about it! There is surely a heaven, and therefore, hell too. That is where the 'Maid' came from. Bahaullah said that.
Kindly give a thought to what you believe. There is hardly anything logical in it.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I knew it that he would not have said anything to say about that. So, Allah created a world which is a storehouse of suffering. Did he not know what he was doing? Or did he not have control over what he was doing? Or Allah is inherently evil, and all this talk of love just being talk?
None of the above.

God knew what He was doing, we just do not know the reasons for all of it because we are not All-Knowing....
It is only our human ego that insists on knowing and questions God's Purposes.
That might sound rather naive to some people, but it is what I have finally come to accept after over 10 years fighting with God in my heart and mind....
I still get angry at God, like last night, but the difference now is that I know I am wrong to question the Almighty God.

I accept that I will probably not know the full reason for my and other peoples' suffering till after I die and I just pray for the mitigation of my suffering and the suffering of others. That is all I can do, unless I choose to reject God again but having been down that road I choose not to go down it again.

And a funny thing happened along the way.... The more I accepted the suffering the more help I got in its mitigation. Out of what seemed like nowhere, help came, as soon as I put my own will aside..
Yeah, about the young and old too, not just infants. Infants and Children get of easy. But why should they have to face such a situation to start with? And why should the rest of us have to face it all our lives? So many infirmities and diseases in old age.
There are really no answers to these questions except to say that suffering is inherent in the material world given its nature and there will be no more suffering in the spiritual world.
Your Allah seems to be the most cruel sadist. He enjoys all this sitting in his heaven and does nothing about it!
Nobody knows what God enjoys. To say God enjoys suffering because God does not eliminate suffering is rather childlike. I think God hurts when we hurt, from what scriptures say. God mitigates some suffering but God cannot mitigate all suffering in the world because God would have to control everything for humans and that would completely override human free will, so we would just be robots, puppets on a string.
There is surely a heaven, and therefore, hell too. That is where the 'Maid' came from. Bahaullah said that.
Kindly give a thought to what you believe. There is hardly anything logical in it.
Yes, there is a heaven and a hell, but what is your point? God does not send us to heaven and hell, we send ourselves there according to our own beliefs and actions.

God is not subject to logic but if we really understand the purpose of our existence there is logic in the sorrow and the pain as well as the joy and gladness. It is just difficult to see it when we are in the pain and sorrow.

“In this world we are influenced by two sentiments, Joy and Pain.

Joy gives us wings! In times of joy our strength is more vital, our intellect keener, and our understanding less clouded. We seem better able to cope with the world and to find our sphere of usefulness. But when sadness visits us we become weak, our strength leaves us, our comprehension is dim and our intelligence veiled. The actualities of life seem to elude our grasp, the eyes of our spirits fail to discover the sacred mysteries, and we become even as dead beings.

There is no human being untouched by these two influences; but all the sorrow and the grief that exist come from the world of matter—the spiritual world bestows only the joy!

If we suffer it is the outcome of material things, and all the trials and troubles come from this world of illusion.

For instance, a merchant may lose his trade and depression ensues. A workman is dismissed and starvation stares him in the face. A farmer has a bad harvest, anxiety fills his mind. A man builds a house which is burnt to the ground and he is straightway homeless, ruined, and in despair.

All these examples are to show you that the trials which beset our every step, all our sorrow, pain, shame and grief, are born in the world of matter; whereas the spiritual Kingdom never causes sadness. A man living with his thoughts in this Kingdom knows perpetual joy. The ills all flesh is heir to do not pass him by, but they only touch the surface of his life, the depths are calm and serene.” Paris Talks, pp. 109-110

Last night I did not know how I was going to continue living but I am starting to see the light today. My purpose in life is not to be happy but rather to help others. As long as I stay focused I can get through what I have to which is a very big task, given my life is very complicated. I hope for better days and trust in God that He will lead the way. It can get better, the proof is that it has already. I trust in the promises of Baha'u'llah although I do not interpret them literally because I might not see days of blissful joy until after I die. As such, I often long for death, but there is a reason I am still alive, so I have to make the best use of the time I have left.

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 329

MonkeyFire

And i am talking your god creating evil and killing innocent children with it.

Evil doesn't need a reason. My God is a pacifist and had to deal with the a invincible fighting devil. The reason for evil is the devil, but I thought that was clear.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I know I am wrong to question the Almighty God.
Or Bahaullah, whatever he may have written. You have mortgaged your mind.
While I appreciate your praying for those who suffer, how does it help them? Allah wants them to suffer.
Don't do that, it is against Allah's wishes.
but God cannot mitigate all suffering in the world because God would have to control everything for humans and that would completely override human free will, ..
What about infants and children. And what about young and old who have not done any wrong (you mentioned that in one of your posts). They too suffer.
God does not send us to heaven and hell, we send ourselves there according to our own beliefs and actions.
That is the 'karma' theory, and if that is true, then what is the use of Allah? That is exactly what the 'Samkhya' philosophers said.

• If the existence of karma is assumed, the proposition of God as a moral governor of the universe is unnecessary. For, if God enforces the consequences of actions then he can do so without karma. If however, he is assumed to be within the law of karma, then karma itself would be the giver of consequences and there would be no need of a God.
  • Even if karma is denied, God still cannot be the enforcer of consequences. Because the motives of an enforcer God would be either egoistic or altruistic. Now, God's motives cannot be assumed to be altruistic because an altruistic God would not create a world so full of suffering. If his motives are assumed to be egoistic, then God must be thought to have desire, as agency or authority cannot be established in the absence of desire. However, assuming that God has desire would contradict God's eternal freedom which necessitates no compulsion in actions.
    Samkhya - Wikipedia (Arguments against Ishvara's existence)
Get out of your make-believe.

And why do you use the word God? Bahaullah said it is Allah. Your God's name is Allah. Why misname Allah and create confusion?

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Or Bahaullah, whatever he may have written. You have mortgaged your mind.
No, I just know He revealed the Will of God and I prefer to follow God’s will rather than my own Will.
While I appreciate your praying for those who suffer, how does it help them? Allah wants them to suffer.
Don't do that, it is against Allah's wishes.
And you know that God wants them to suffer how?
And you know Allah’s wishes exactly how?
What about infants and children. And what about young and old who have not done any wrong (you mentioned that in one of your posts). They too suffer.
What about it? Suffering is a mystery so I do not have the answers.
If you want to blame God for suffering I suggest you remain an atheist.
That is the 'karma' theory, and if that is true, then what is the use of Allah? That is exactly what the 'Samkhya' philosophers said.
It is not exactly like the karma theory but it has some similarities.
The use of Allah is that He oversees everything and controls everything.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No, I just know He revealed the Will of God and I prefer to follow God’s will rather than my own Will.
Absolutely lame arguments that do not lift from the ground like Sir Hiram Maxim's flying machine. No evidence of God, none for his supposed 'will' and none for Bahaullah or any other person being his 'prophet/son/messenger/manifestation/mahdi'.
And you know that God wants them to suffer how?
That is what I see in the world. What more proof do you want?
The use of Allah is that He oversees everything and controls everything.
You believe he sees and controls but never does anything about it. What, then, is the use of all the seeing and controlling?
What about it? Suffering is a mystery so I do not have the answers.
I know it is a mystery for you even in spite of Bahaullah writing tomes and tomes of explanations. The problem is that if in a puzzle you take a wrong road, you always end up with dead ends. Belief in God/Allah and those who claim to have received revelations are such wrong roads. They would never take you to truth. Think for yourself. Evolution has given you a brain.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Absolutely lame arguments that do not lift from the ground like Sir Hiram Maxim's flying machine. No evidence of God, none for his supposed 'will' and none for Bahaullah or any other person being his 'prophet/son/messenger/manifestation/mahdi'.
I see plenty of evidence, sorry you do not see what I see.
That is what I see in the world. What more proof do you want?
That is not proof that God wants people to suffer, not in any manner, shape or form.
God does not cause the suffering so God is not responsible for it.
You believe he sees and controls but never does anything about it. What is, then, the use of all the seeing and controlling?
There is no way we can know what God is “doing” at any time.
This idea that God should prevent all suffering just because (hypothetically He can) is lame.
I know it is a mystery for you even in spite of Bahaullah writing tomes and tomes of explanations. The problem is that if in a puzzle you take a wrong road, you always end up with dead ends. Belief in God/Allah and those who claim to have received revelations are such wrong roads. They would never take you to truth. Think for yourself. Evolution has given you a brain.
Thinking for myself is not going to get me to God’s Truth.

God’s Truth is revealed through His Revelations to Manifestations of God so what we can know about the mystery of suffering is revealed therein.

King Phenomenon

As the topic say..

If you could ask God ONE question and he/she would answer you with the truth, what would you ask?

(Just use whatever God you believe in and if atheists wants to join, just assume that one of them exists.)

For me, I think it would be:

Why did you create us?
Where's the beef?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Evil doesn't need a reason. My God is a pacifist and had to deal with the a invincible fighting devil. The reason for evil is the devil, but I thought that was clear.

Devil that your omni everything god created

It is clear what is written in the bible, that you appear to ignore

Skwim

Veteran Member
God is not responsible for anyone ending up in hell, which is not a geographical location, but is rather distance from God. God gave man free will to choose whether to be close to Him (heaven) or distant from Him (hell.) God is in no way responsible for the choices people make.
Ever hear of a crime of omission? It's "an offense that is categorised by a person’s failing to perform an act that is required."
source

Now maybe you don't feel a loving, compassionate god would be expected to look out for the best interests of his creations, but I do.

CONSIDER: Because he's omniscient, god knows that if Baby Boy Lucas is conceived he will eventually spend eternity in hell for a mistake he made on earth when he is 17 years old.

God has two options.

1) Let Baby Boy Lucas be conceived. Grow up to commit a great sin. Be sent to hell to for this sin and suffer forever.

2) Prevent Baby Boy Lucas from being conceived and thus saving an entity from everlasting suffering.
So, the fate of Baby Boy Lucas is in god's hands.
As a mere human, which of the two options do you feel is the more moral and compassionate? Personally, I believe that if god doesn't step in and prevent Baby Boy Lucas from being conceived he's essentially committing a crime of omission. The crime of not preventing someone from suffering forever.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
As a mere human, which of the two options do you feel is the more moral and compassionate? Personally, I believe that if god doesn't step in and prevent Baby Boy Lucas from being conceived he's essentially committing a crime of omission. The crime of not preventing someone from suffering forever..
In this scenario, God would have to prevent ALL people that He knew would commit evil acts from ever being born.

That is ludicrous because God gave humans free will to choose whether to do good or evil. As such, those who choose to do evil are fully responsible for their evil acts, unless they are mentally ill or mentally challenged or brain damaged. Those people are not held accountable in courts of law and they will not be held accountable by God, but rather they will be plunged into the ocean of God's mercy. The other evil people who choose evil acts while they are in full possession of their mental faculties are going to be held accountable because that is in accordance with justice.

MonkeyFire

That is not what the bible says. So i assume you believe in Jesus as your profile says but not in the abrahamic god.

Wrong. Yhwh forbids good and evil. The first commandment is not to kill. The sermon on the mount where Jesus gives non-resistance. The white horse of the apocalypse who conquers to conquer. And finally, the final battle between good and evil, armagedon.

Skwim

Veteran Member
In this scenario, God would have to prevent ALL people that He knew would commit evil acts from ever being born.
Yup.

That is ludicrous because God gave humans free will to choose whether to do good or evil.
A common claim, but aside from that what's your evidence?

As such, those who choose to do evil are fully responsible for their evil acts, unless they are mentally ill or mentally challenged or brain damaged. Those people are not held accountable in courts of law and they will not be held accountable by God, but rather they will be plunged into the ocean of God's mercy. The other evil people who choose evil acts while they are in full possession of their mental faculties are going to be held accountable because that is in accordance with justice.
Regardless, it still doesn't absolve god of the crime of omission. He could stop these people from ending up in hell by keeping them from being born. However, he chooses not to. In effect he prefers to let them suffer in an eternal hell.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Wrong. Yhwh forbids good and evil. The first commandment is not to kill. The sermon on the mount where Jesus gives non-resistance. The white horse of the apocalypse who conquers to conquer. And finally, the final battle between good and evil, armagedon.
What are you talking about? God creates evil. He even admits as much in Isaiah 45:7

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

Milton Platt

As the topic say..

If you could ask God ONE question and he/she would answer you with the truth, what would you ask?

(Just use whatever God you believe in and if atheists wants to join, just assume that one of them exists.)

For me, I think it would be:

Why did you create us?

Well, presuming one exists, I would ask him why a supposed omnipotent being designed such a screwed up system.

Jos

Why create such imperfect bodies when you're all powerful and probably could have created better ones? The body is imperfect IMO anyway, I don't know about other people.

Jos

Actually scratch that, I really wanna know why a God would allow a person to exist or directly create a person who would have never wanted to be here in the first place? I just can't wrap my mind around it. God would know in advance that a person wouldn't want to be here but would still either: allow them to exist or directly create them. Why not be merciful and not create them/allow them to exist in the first place?