• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you believe in love, you believe in God

WhyIsThatSo

That's exactly the religious method I'm talking about.

If someone says things that are popular, they get a bunch of money and power. Like Falwell, the Pope, and Iranian mullahs. They don't have to prove anything.

In science, things don't work that way. Anybody who produces evidence that some well established theory is wrong becomes the new expert. But they have to prove it to the scientific community, they can't just make a popular claim.

Religionists can just make a claim, without producing any evidence. That's why there are so many different religions.
Tom

I'm sure I have already acknowledged that the religious institution is corrupt......and that I have nothing to do with it.
And also that the scientific institution is as well for the same reasons.

In much the same way that a person like myself whos thinking cannot be controlled..... is considered a "nut job" by my peers..
so is the scientist who has the ability and means to do independent research on his own , and if it does not agree with the
"mainstream" of thought at the time, they are said to be "rouge"......or even "mad" ( mad scientist ).

Why do you suppose that is ?
It isn't.
But I realize that you don't understand how science works. You can't tell the difference between objective beliefs and subjective beliefs.

So you confuse scientific knowledge for religious knowledge.
You aren't the first and you won't be the last.

Tom

I believe that you will die one day. Silly me, that's a "subjective belief".....or is it "objective" ?
Doesn't really matter, because NOBODY gets out of here alive. (or do they ?)

night912

Because God is love.
So all the atheists who believe in love?
But how come you believe in god, and yet, you don't believe in love. So basically you started the topic to troll, but ended up demonstrating that you are wrong about god and love. Look at the bright side, at least you showed us evidence.