• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If we have the technologies to let us safely live on other planets...

Question in post #1.

• Yes, i'll try to convert every people on those planets into my religion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, i'll try to establish my religion's theocracy on all of those planets.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pudding

From then till now, we can see there're a quantity amounts of people from some religions who tries to establish their religions' theocracy on Earth/countries.

If we have the technologies to let us safely live on other planets...

A quantity amounts of people who support freedom of religion and freedom from religion move to other planets so they can live on a planet free from any religions' theocracy.

If you're a person who want to convert every people on the Earth to your religion and govern the Earth with your religion's theocracy, will you go to all of those other planets and try to convert every people there into your religion? Will you also try to establish your religion's theocracy on all of those planets?

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Nope, Christianity only talks about Heaven and Earth. Not that I feel obligated to convert anyone, seek and ye shall find. But if I went to these other planets would mentioning the name of Jesus be punishable by death?

Pudding

It makes little sense. The other worlds have literally nothing in common with my religion's sense of "history".
Because the other planets have literally nothing in common with your religion's sense of "history", therefor it makes little sense about what?

I have some speculation about the things which you say it makes little sense, but just want to ask for your answer to make sure what you actually mean.

Pudding

Nope, Christianity only talks about Heaven and Earth.
Okay, you mean Christianity does not teach its followers to try to convert any people on those planets into Christianity; you probably also means Christianity does not teach its followers to try to establish Christianity's theocracy on any one of those planets.

Not that I feel obligated to convert anyone,
Okay.

seek and ye shall find.
Thanks for sharing your beliefs.

But if I went to these other planets would mentioning the name of Jesus be punishable by death?
I can't say for sure, but probably not, just like you'll not be punishable by death just because you mentioning the name of Jesus in modern secular countries which are not govern by any religions' theocracy.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Okay, you mean Christianity does not teach its followers to try to convert any people on those planets into Christianity; you probably also means Christianity does not teach its followers to try to establish Christianity's theocracy on any one of those planets.

Okay.

I can't say for sure, but probably not, just like you'll not be punishable by death just because you mentioning the name of Jesus in modern secular countries which are not govern by any religions' theocracy.

No, it's only charged with preaching the gospel, that is those who are called to spread the word, then to baptize anyone who believes. But the regular members are only charged with the command to "love one another". The actual conversion is done by God, only those who are compelled by God to believe will believe.

Pudding

No, it's only charged with preaching the gospel, that is those who are called to spread the word, then to baptize anyone who believes.
Please explain what do you mean by 'charged'.

But the regular members are only charged with the command to "love one another".
Please explain what do you mean by 'charged with the command'.

Also, by 'command' are you referring to the 'command of Christianity's God'?

The actual conversion is done by God, only those who are compelled by God to believe will believe.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Please explain what do you mean by 'charged'.

Please explain what do you mean by 'charged with the command'.

Also, by 'command' are you referring to the 'command of Christianity's God'?

Charged with the command means told that they should do it

Pudding

Charged with the command means told that they should do it
Thanks for answer.
And yes, you previously say Christianity only talks about Heaven and Earth, you probably means Christianity doesn't command its followers to do anything on other planets.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Thanks for answer.
And yes, you previously say Christianity only talks about Heaven and Earth, you probably means Christianity doesn't command its followers to do anything on other planets.

Proably for lack of air, humans and life on the other planets, The charge to spread the gospel across the universe was omitted.

Pudding

Proably for lack of air, humans and life on the other planets, The charge to spread the gospel across the universe was omitted.
If we have the technologies to let us safely live on other planets, will there be any new charge to spread the gospel across the universe?

Last edited:

Pudding

This is why I hope we never find another inhabited planet, we will only destroy it with our ideologies.
The Sun will eventually run out of its energy and die and may destroy Earth. If humanity is still around in that time, then they have to find a way to overcome the problem if they don't want to die.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The Sun will eventually run out of its energy and die and may destroy Earth. If humanity is still around in that time, then they have to find a way to overcome the problem if they don't want to die.
I think we would be dead long before that would happen, the planet would freeze all over, and when the life of our planet is up, then its up, time to let go.

Pudding

I think we would be dead long before that would happen, the planet would freeze all over, and when the life of our planet is up, then its up, time to let go.
That is also a problem humanity have to overcome if they don't want to die.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I have some speculation about the things which you say it makes little sense, but just want to ask for your answer to make sure what you actually mean.
My religion is only interested in this planet in general, and 99% of the scenes actually only occur in a few places around one sea on that planet. What does any of that have to do with someone from across the galaxy?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
If we have the technologies to let us safely live on other planets, will there be any new charge to spread the gospel across the universe?

Genesis mentions humanity becoming as numerous as the stars, which would take more than one planet.. if so I would think religion would follow naturally, as with free-thinking humanity anywhere on Earth