• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Trump wins again

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
The purpose in applying nasty labels is that they cannot
be challenged (being mere opinion supported by certainty),
unlike criticizing an act or quote, which can be examined.

"Lambast"....a good word.
I do not think all of it is lambasting.

Donald Trump faced criticism during his successful 2016 presidential campaign based on the aggressive atmospheres of many of his rallies, where tension and intimidation repeatedly spilled over into violence.

Some of that violence has resulted in lawsuits. In one ongoing suit, Kentucky protesters who attempted to disrupt a rally in March 2016 are suing the president in federal court for incitement to riot after he urged “Get ’em out of here” from the stage, upon which members of the crowd attacked and forcibly removed the protesters.
FACT CHECK: Did Donald Trump Encourage Violence at His Rallies?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
"Whines"? Seriously, a guy that arrogant whines?
Gimme a freakin' break.

I take it that you too just heard that quote disconnected
sound bite and fell for the trick.

Lookup t he full text. It is like the one frame of the "maga kids".
Lies.

Dont be so happy to get lied to!!!!!
I hear whining. Arrogant does not mean that a person cannot or does not whine.

Actually, I was thinking of the statements Trump made before the murder by car and the failure to speak out against racists agendas.

I am not making this stuff up. You do not have to when he publishes on a daily basis.

Audie

Veteran Member
I hear whining. Arrogant does not mean that a person cannot or does not whine.

Actually, I was thinking of the statements Trump made before the murder by car and the failure to speak out against racists agendas.

I am not making this stuff up. You do not have to when he publishes on a daily basis.

You are not making it up just letting yourself
be, sorry, duped. Look up the whole quote,
not just the dishonestly redacted. He vigorously
denounced the badguys.

Audie

Veteran Member
It was more what he did and did not say prior to that incident that is significant and sets the stage for behavior like that.

IOW-sorry- but ya gots nothin' but a attitude there.

I have asked for an example of racidt bigot 'phobe
this or that, the one thing offered was a fraud
from lib media.

Maybe maybe shift yr centre of gravity a bit
toward fact based?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

from lib media.

toward fact based?
I am not sorry. I am right. He is an odious little man with narcissistic personality disorder. I am not saying that he is not delivering on many of his promises. I do not think that this country is going to fold because he is president. What I see is something that is childish and petty.

I have gone back through several reports on Charlottesville and found nothing that would change my position there. He did finally say something negative against the actions of one individual, but it took him long enough. Everything else that I mentioned he did, is exactly as reported from several outlets.

I know I my opinion is formed on facts. I included one source found on Snopes in a post above.If Trump wins again

What I see with many Trump supporters is the same thing I see with creationists that demand that the Bible is infallible. They have to ignore a lot of stuff to get what they want.

Audie

Veteran Member
I did not think YOU are making things up..

I judt have not seen anything that supports the
bigot-racidt-phobe stuff.

Audie

Veteran Member
I am not sorry. I am right. He is an odious little man with narcissistic personality disorder. I am not saying that he is not delivering on many of his promises. I do not think that this country is going to fold because he is president. What I see is something that is childish and petty.

I have gone back through several reports on Charlottesville and found nothing that would change my position there. He did finally say something negative against the actions of one individual, but it took him long enough. Everything else that I mentioned he did, is exactly as reported from several outlets.

I know I my opinion is formed on facts. I included one source found on Snopes in a post above.If Trump wins again

What I see with many Trump supporters is the same thing I see with creationists that demand that the Bible is infallible. They have to ignore a lot of stuff to get what they want.

Odious, sure.

The "good..both sides" referred to the pro and
anti statue thing.

And it came way after several times denouncing the
violence.

I am no creationist or trump supporter.

But the antis often seem utterly unhinged.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah....his opponents will see violent intent.
But to me it seems reckless joking.
Still bad behavior, but some people go off the deep end with it.

Overall we need both parties, & everyone else to use more peaceful advocacy.
I am not saying that he intends to facilitate a trend toward violence. I do not think he cares one way or the other. What I am saying is that others feel his actions and words make taking violent action OK. He cannot be unaware of that. It is not an instance where these were a couple of isolated comments to a small group of people that were calm and in control of themselves.

I ended up voting Libertarian in the last election and I am not even Libertarian. At least Johnson had experience governing and was also a businessman. I do not see him attacking a dead war hero that he was miffed about.

I can understand people electing him based on the economy and business, but I cannot figure out how a base that has such a large contingent of fundamentalist Christians can look the other way at some of the things he has said or done. There were other Republicans that could have addressed the economy, been pro-fundamentalist and without the misogyny, childish and reckless behavior.

ManSinha

I judt have not seen anything that supports the
bigot-racidt-phobe stuff.

What about him saying that a Judge Curiel in the Trump Univ case could not be fair because he was Mexican? Do you think that was selective reporting as well?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Odious, sure.

The "good..both sides" referred to the pro and
anti statue thing.

And it came way after several times denouncing the
violence.

I am no creationist or trump supporter.

But the antis often seem utterly unhinged.
Am I unhinged then and not capable of drawing conclusions from my information? I do not think so. I do not listen to a lot of media in the sense that I am just repeating what they say. I do not even own a television. I get my information from numerous sources that have been labeled as one or the other sides of the aisle. I have arrived at my conclusions based on the evidence I have from those sources. The information from which I have formulated my opinion is gathered from what I know of Trump prior to his candidacy, through his candidacy and finally what he says and how he acts as our president. It is not based on a single example no matter how accurate that example may be, but based on all I have seen.

I still think that he creates a feeling for many that it is OK to be a racist and that busting a few heads is a good thing.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

from lib media.

toward fact based?
I am OK that you and others may not agree with my opinion. I do keep an open mind that my opinion can be changed. Though the more information I find that supports it, the more difficult that change is going to be and the more robust the information is going to need to be to change it.

I will still listen to what you have to say on the subject and often I find that I agree with your assessments. It is just that here, we are in disagreement. We may always be. I do not think we have to agree on everything. Where would the fun in discussion and debate be then?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The flip side of this is that so many anti-Trumpettes will blindly oppose anything he wants,
even tax increases on wealthy homeowners, & the First Step Act (judicial reform).
They're like creationists opposing evolution without being willing to learn about it.

There's a middle ground which is independent of his unsavory personality, ie,
that some policies have merit, & some deserve opposition. Issues matter.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am not saying that he intends to facilitate a trend toward violence. I do not think he cares one way or the other. What I am saying is that others feel his actions and words make taking violent action OK. He cannot be unaware of that. It is not an instance where these were a couple of isolated comments to a small group of people that were calm and in control of themselves.
I agree that his speech resulted in increased rancor, which leads to more violence.
I also saw that his opposition was responding in kind, which is no better.
I ended up voting Libertarian in the last election and I am not even Libertarian. At least Johnson had experience governing and was also a businessman. I do not see him attacking a dead war hero that he was miffed about.
Johnson was far & away the best candidate in the election.
His only problem was having a snowball's chance in Hades
of winning.
The election was close, erroneous polls notwithstanding.
So those who could vote either way had more than usual
power empower the better one.....or the lesser evil.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
The flip side of this is that so many anti-Trumpettes will blindly oppose anything he wants,
even tax increases on wealthy homeowners, & the First Step Act (judicial reform).
They're like creationists opposing evolution without being willing to learn about it.

There's a middle ground which is independent of his unsavory personality, ie,
that some policies have merit, & some deserve opposition. Issues matter.
The mentality you describe is driving me further and further away from either party, but unfortunately, there is often little choice for someone with my moderate views.

The fact is that Trump is president. What is he doing that is good? It all cannot be bad. But in trying to find that good, I cannot ignore the bad.

I agree with you that it is the issues that really matter, because they will be there even with the next president.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree that his speech resulted in increased rancor, which leads to more violence.
I also saw that his opposition was responding in kind, which is no better.

Johnson was far & away the best candidate in the election.
His only problem was having a snowball's chance in Hades
of winning.
The election was close, erroneous polls notwithstanding.
So those who could vote either way had more than usual
power empower the better one.....or the lesser evil.
That is the problem with voting for someone like Johnson. He was great, but as you say, had no chance of winning. He got a few extra protest votes from people like me, but that was never going to do anything.

I am not convinced that Clinton would have been completely horrible, but she had so much baggage that you could not look passed it without wondering. We may have been ready for a woman in the presidency, but not that woman.

I think the close election says more about how divided we are than it says about anything else.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We may have been ready for a woman in the presidency, but not that woman.
Aye, the cries of "Misogyny!" bespoke cluelessness.
There's no way to know if Hillary would've been better or worse than Trump.
We could only guesstimate the effects each would have in office, & then vote.

Shaul

Premium Member
And here is a contrarian view - it states that the spending was not nearly cut enough which will cause an increase in spending

And another one from the Congressional Budget Office
You better update your sources. The CBO in January this year revised their estimates. They admitted they got it wrong. In Fiscal 2019 they now say the deficit will be $75 billion less than they thought last March and cumulative deficits will be $1.2 trillion dollars less. Which shows us that CBO estimates are pretty bad. On the other hand actual revenue and figures don’t lie, and they show that the tax cuts increased revenue. Actual data trumps bad estimates.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
The reality:
Donald Trump: As projected in Table S-10 in the FY 2020 budget, Trump plans to add $5.088 trillion to the debt in his first term. That's a 30 percent increase from the $20.245 trillion debt at the end of Obama's last budget for FY 2017. If he remains in office for a second term, he plans to add $9.1 trillion. Trump had promised to eliminate the debt during his campaign... -- Which President Increased U.S. Debt the Most?
The reality is that President Trump has introduced a budget which will eliminate the deficits. So he has kept his promise. If the Democrats in Congress refuse to pass his recommendations then they are responsible for the deficits not being eliminated, not President Trump.

whirlingmerc

So if he should win do we have any predictions for 2020 -2024? what about the wall, if eh wins will he get the wall built surely not now theres too many obstacles including court cases) what about SDNY? New York?

if they are still investigating will the probability of indictment and and also arrests of the Trump family be soon? I think its quite possible his family will be indicted but it may take awhile, but if he makes it in 2020 yea, it maybe just around the corner.

How much more investigations will arise with a new elected Trump? What about the economy does it stay good? korea and other countries, our relations with them? Social security will I be out of my pay check or medicare? What happens with that?

More about Trump, I think hes got health issues and mental problems, truly I think hed be better off if he would step down. I know Republicans see that as me being against Trump, I do have bitter resentments against Trump but I do believe it would be healthier for him to step down.

If he wins, I predict a heart attack or mental breakdown or both.

How did you feel about Bengazi?

Trump certainly has his shortcomings but much of the reasons he won had to do with weighing which candidates were more 'significantly flawed' than the other