• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Trump Joined RF Today...

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Gawds! If Trump joined the staff would be awake 24/7 issuing Rule 1 violations!
Hypothetically speaking, he would need to buy the site first, then fire the staff and put his cronies in charge. There might also be some new branding. "TRUMP Religious Forums" for example. What's this I hear you saying "That could never happen?" Don't be so sure! :p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hypothetically speaking, he would need to buy the site first, then fire the staff and put his cronies in charge. There might also be some new branding. "TRUMP Religious Forums" for example. What's this I hear you saying "That could never happen?" Don't be so sure! :p
Shhhhh!
It's available at a bargain price...mere walk'n around money.
He could do it. Don't give him ideas!

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Shhhhh!
It's available at a bargain price...mere walk'n around money.
He could do it. Don't give him ideas!
All presidents eventually retire, and then they have to do things like build libraries and establish forums and trusts. This forum could use a sponsor...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All presidents eventually retire, and then they have to do things like build libraries and establish forums and trusts. This forum could use a sponsor...
The "Trump Library"?
Please don't accuse me of being hostile, but I
cannot imagine those 2 words next to each other.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
The "Trump Library"?
Please don't accuse me of being hostile, but I
cannot imagine those 2 words next to each other.
Again I am hearing "That could never happen" with relation to Trump. When have I heard those words before? Oh, right. I have heard them every day.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Trump is a vile human cesspit and I would gladly tell him to his face. However, like has been pointed out, once he's no longer just a public figure and now a member of the forum, my desire to maintain the rules of the Forum would be stronger than my desire to tell him what I really think of him

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
There's no doubt the anti-Trump sentiment runs strong in this forum.

This leads me to wonder, if Donald Trump joined the forum today with full disclosure if his identity, would the dissidents have the fortitude to continue the Trump bashing? Or would it be more like when we were in school and saying bad things about a teacher we didn't like until s/he walked into the classroom, or at work talking about a boss we can't stand and the room becoming silent when s/he walks through the door?

Are we more comfortable talking about people behind their backs than we are confronting them in person about our judgments? Why or why not?

If you feel that we are and that we do, how productive is such behavior in society?

That is a very strang reflection on how you think people behave here.
I for one, do not change my opinions or arguments when I come face to face with someone.
Why would I ?
I do not change my position because I am confronted by a person with power or with celebrity status.
In the case of Trump he gives and deserves no special. respect.
In most meanings of the word he is ignorant.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

This leads me to wonder, if Donald Trump joined the forum today with full disclosure if his identity, would the dissidents have the fortitude to continue the Trump bashing? Or would it be more like when we were in school and saying bad things about a teacher we didn't like until s/he walked into the classroom, or at work talking about a boss we can't stand and the room becoming silent when s/he walks through the door?

Are we more comfortable talking about people behind their backs than we are confronting them in person about our judgments? Why or why not?

If you feel that we are and that we do, how productive is such behavior in society?

Why? Bashing is Trump's style of dealing with folks he disagrees with. I suspect he enjoys folks trying to bash him. He sees it as a challenge. He'd probably like to find someone who could artfully out trash talk him.

It's Like MAA folks who beat the crap out of each other then go have a beer together afterwards.

How productive is it? Well apparently it can get some folks elected.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

If that's the case, then the Bible link up above would be the "Donald Trump Edition." Just like there's a King James Bible, there could be a King Donald Bible. ;)

Last edited:

Curious George

Veteran Member

If Trump joined today, the trolls pro trump and anti trump would swarm RF at rates not even the most prolific mods could handle.

In short, i doubt that the current RF members would be able to get a word in edgewise. Let alone enough words to bash, praise, or legitimately criticize.

Skwim

Veteran Member

This leads me to wonder, if Donald Trump joined the forum today with full disclosure if his identity, would the dissidents have the fortitude to continue the Trump bashing?
I just had an organism thinking about the possibility.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Well he wouldn't, as he has no interest in ideas and he only appears in public situations that stroke his ego. But the improbability of the idea aside, I imagine this question is mainly for US citizens, who might feel the office of POTUS itself commands a certain respect, irrespective of the incumbent.

Those of us from elsewhere might feel less conflicted.....

Watchmen

Premium Member
Because of the anonymity that comes with an Internet forum, and given the outrageous statements made on a daily basis by the haters, I’m certain it would be business as usual here if Trump joined the forum.

Rational Agnostic

GIven this is an anonymous forum, I don't think the behavior would change. However, most angry keyboard warriors who badmouth Trump on the Internet would probably be polite to him if they met him in person.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It would provide a safe platform for a president. I mean none of the leftys will be able to throw a shoe at him.

Personally I'd be honored. It wouldn't be every day a common person would actually get to converse with the president not to mention bragging rights for RF, as such a visit would definitely bring the forum to the forefront of attention.

Yazata

There's no doubt the anti-Trump sentiment runs strong in this forum.This leads me to wonder, if Donald Trump joined the forum today with full disclosure if his identity, would the dissidents have the fortitude to continue the Trump bashing?

Sure, as long as they can do it anonymously. Everyone can be a hero (in their own eyes, at least) while hiding behind the safety of a screen. I expect that most of you have noticed how people tend to be much more abusive and hostile online, than they are in face-to-face life.

how productive is such behavior in society?

It isn't productive at all.

It's just basic rhetoric: First off you have to motivate people that you disagree with to even want to listen to you. You have to make them willing to consider what you say. Then you have to induce them to want to agree with it.

Abusing other people and angering them is a terribly ineffective way to do that.