• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If this is happening in Germany....

Audie

Veteran Member
Yeah, power corrupts. Military Police in US Army sometimes had some bad folk back in the 80's when I was stationed in Germany. They went around like they were kings of everything. Real dicks.

I'm not sure the way nasty pelosi
weilds her power is prferable

Heyo

Veteran Member
it's probably happening in other places also. I have read a few news clips about right wing extremist infiltrating police and military in the United States.

She Called Police Over a Neo-Nazi Threat. But the Neo-Nazis Were Inside the Police.
Yep, we have a problem. But it is a known problem and the DAs and ministers of the interior are (mostly) trying to do something, and the media also. There is no thin blue line that is protecting the fascists and racists (but they are well connected among each other).

Wandering Monk

Yep, we have a problem. But it is a known problem and the DAs and ministers of the interior are (mostly) trying to do something, and the media also. There is no thin blue line that is protecting the fascists and racists (but they are well connected among each other).

I think the time we are in might be akin to the 20's and 30's in Germany, Italy, and Japan.

Wandering Monk

I think that is widely exaggerated. We have some fascist tendencies and they are above the long time average, but it's nothing like the '20s/'30s. But we have to keep an eye on the crazies.

I don't think it is too much a stretch. That period in Germany saw a weak federal government, economic distress, and widespread violence between the Left and Right. We have seen some examples of this violence, albeit on a smaller scale, here in the US.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I don't think it is too much a stretch. That period in Germany saw a weak federal government, economic distress, and widespread violence between the Left and Right. We have seen some examples of this violence, albeit on a smaller scale, here in the US.
Oh, you are talking about the US. Yep, you definitely have a problem over there. We (Germany) don't currently have a weak government, economic distress or widespread violence (any more than to be expected with a pandemic). There are other countries in the EU that are more in danger.
(That's not an excuse for fascists in our police force, just a perspective.)

epronovost

We have seen some examples of this violence, albeit on a smaller scale, here in the US.

You have the same ingedients that's for sure, but the dosage makes the poison. The scale is too small to overthrow or seriously destabilise civil society yet. You are just passing through a period of unrest and tragedy comparable to the Vietnam years.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh, you are talking about the US. Yep, you definitely have a problem over there. We (Germany) don't currently have a weak government, economic distress or widespread violence (any more than to be expected with a pandemic). There are other countries in the EU that are more in danger.
(That's not an excuse for fascists in our police force, just a perspective.)
Germany, at least as a government, appears to be very anti-fascist to me. I have a feeling that any fascists found in the police will not last very long.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Germany, at least as a government, appears to be very anti-fascist to me. I have a feeling that any fascists found in the police will not last very long.
They are always there. As you yourself mentioned, positions of authority attract people with authoritarian mindsets. But sometimes the mindsets leave the ground of the Grundgesetz and they are removed. Not fast enough for my taste but when I look to other countries, I shouldn't complain.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In the US, yes, there are cases of neo-Nazis, racists, bigots and authoritarian types of all kinds who join the police and are protected by the police unions and the stupid SCOTUS decision that gives them cover to prey on people.