• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a hell, what percentage of humans should go there?

If there is a hell, what percentage of humans should go there?

• 99%

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 98%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 97%

• 96%

• 95%

• Other

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
In other words, once you are dead you are dead, and you aren't rising from the grave and coming back to life to live on earth.
The souls of everyone who dies goes to the spiritual world and takes on a spiritual body and lives forever. Some go to heaven and others don't.
May I ask how you know this?

YoursTrue

No, I do not believe in such a place. I believe that hell is the state of the soul, not a geographical location.

Yes, I believe that God knows everything about everybody before they are even born and that is all written on the Tablet of Fate, which is also called the Book of Life.
In other words, you believe that the soul lives somewhere somehow after the death of the body, is that right? And let me ask you this -- since you believe God knows everything about everybody before and after birth (I guess the Tablet of Fate is that which is brought up by Bahullah perhaps?), do you also believe God foreordained this? In other words, if someone is born without a brain or is deformed in some way, do you believe God made it that way?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
No, I do not believe in such a place. I believe that hell is the state of the soul, not a geographical location.

Like you, I don't believe that hell is a geographical location or that heaven is either. In fact, I reject the Bible's claims about the afterlife, including those about heaven and hell. I've seen and experienced far too many paranormal events that contradict what the Bible says about the afterlife to continue holding such beliefs. I came to this conclusion while still a Christian, but it took me a while to overcome the Christian indoctrination I had received, to admit to myself that I had doubts, and to finally accept that what I had experienced as a medium contradicted what I had been taught as a Christian.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In other words, you believe that the soul lives somewhere somehow after the death of the body, is that right?
That's right.
And let me ask you this -- since you believe God knows everything about everybody before and after birth (I guess the Tablet of Fate is that which is brought up by Bahullah perhaps?), do you also believe God foreordained this? In other words, if someone is born without a brain or is deformed in some way, do you believe God made it that way?
If someone is born without a brain or is deformed in some way, I believe that was their fate. Fate is things that happen to us that is beyond our control, things we do not choose with our free will. God did not cause it to happen just because God knew it would happen and wrote it on the Tablet of Fate.

YoursTrue

If all that Jesus said was "Thou sayest that I am a king" He would have been leaving it open-ended, giving us something to think about.
But that sentence was followed by the real reason Jesus came into this world, which was not to be a king: "To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."
That is correct about what Jesus said to Pilate. He did not say he was not born to be a king. It is written, speaking of Jesus, “This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and the LORD God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom." Luke chapter 1.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
If someone is born without a brain or is deformed in some way, I believe that was their fate. Fate is things that happen to us that is beyond our control, things we do not choose with our free will. God did not cause it to happen just because God knew it would happen and wrote it on the Tablet of Fate.

Personally, I don't believe that death is necessarily something to be afraid of. As a medium, I'm well aware that a human spirit's experience in the afterlife is primarily determined by them and can be either positive or negative depending on how they handle death and even what kind of person they were in life. I've been communicating with human spirits for the past fifteen years, and these experiences have shown me that a person's character in this life can carry over into the afterlife and determine their fate. I believe that the spirit realm is an everlasting existence that is not bound by space or time, nor is it limited to heaven or hell. In fact, I don't believe that human spirits are imprisoned in either heaven or hell for all eternity. I don't believe what the Bible says about heaven and hell or what happens to people after they die and enter the spirit realm. I believe that what the Bible teaches about the afterlife is demonstrably false and extremely misleading. On the contrary, I believe that both human spirits and non-human entities can travel between the spirit and physical worlds by passing through a spiritual vortex or a spirit portal (such as mirrors and windows). I also believe that some human spirits can choose to cross over or remain earthbound, whereas others become trapped in the physical world and require the assistance of a psychic medium to cross over.

Based on my knowledge and experiences, I believe that the following factors contribute to why there are earthbound spirits: (1) There are spirits who don’t realize that they are dead because they died unexpectedly and are now confused and don't understand what is happening to them; (2) They are upset and scared about dying unexpectedly and are in denial; (3) They have unfinished business, such as wanting to let their loved ones know that they are okay or feeling obligated to watch over their loved ones; (4) They are angry and are seeking justice or retribution against the person or persons who took their life; and (5) They prefer to be around living people because they miss being alive or because they thrive and "feed on" the negative emotions of the living.

My beliefs about earthbound spirits and the afterlife are founded on my forty three years of experience as a psychic medium, the last fifteen of which I have spent as a practicing medium and as an experienced paranormal investigator. The evidence of paranormal phenomena that I've documented or that was documented by other paranormal investigators that I know and believe to be honest, in my opinion, validates my experiences as a psychic medium.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is correct about what Jesus said to Pilate. He did not say he was not born to be a king. It is written, speaking of Jesus, “This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and the LORD God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom." Luke chapter 1.
I do not believe that verse is referring to Jesus ruling on earth, it is about Jesus ruling in heaven.
There will be no end of his kingdom because Jesus will rule forever in heaven.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

“The Throne upon which He sat is the Eternal Throne from which Christ reigns for ever, a heavenly throne, not an earthly one, for the things of earth pass away but heavenly things pass not away. He re-interpreted and completed the Law of Moses and fulfilled the Law of the Prophets. His word conquered the East and the West. His Kingdom is everlasting.”

Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Personally, I don't believe that death is necessarily something to be afraid of. As a medium, I'm well aware that a human spirit's experience in the afterlife is primarily determined by them and can be either positive or negative depending on how they handle death and even what kind of person they were in life.
I am not afraid of death because I am afraid of a negative experience based upon how I lived my life. My fear of death is fear of the unknown. It is like my fear of going to Europe on a vacation since I have never been there before. The difference is at least I can look at pictures of that Europe there is an itinerary for the vacation. Those are not available for the spiritual world. Also, I can come back from Europe when the vacation is over but I can never come back from the spiritual world. :eek:

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Gosh, I make ONE DRUNK POST and it's nine freaking pages. And I don't even believe in a physical hell.
Nothing I've ever put serious thought in has ever gotten this much attention. I need to drunk-post more... :laughing::shrug:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I am not afraid of death because I am afraid of a negative experience based upon how I lived my life. My fear of death is fear of the unknown. It is like my fear of going to Europe on a vacation since I have never been there before. The difference is at least I can look at pictures of that Europe there is an itinerary for the vacation. Those are not available for the spiritual world. Also, I can come back from Europe when the vacation is over but I can never come back from the spiritual world. :eek:

My interactions with some human spirits, my spirit guides, and one nonhuman entity have led me to believe that spirits can leave the spirit realm and return to the physical world. So, I believe that it is possible that you can return to the physical world after you've crossed over into the spirit realm.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So, I believe that it is possible that you can return to the physical world after you've crossed over into the spirit realm.
Maybe some spirits do, but I would not want to come back to this world. What would I do here in a spiritual body with nobody who could see me unless I happened to be around a psychic medium?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus did not answer that He was born to be a king. Jesus answered: Thou sayest that I am a king.
After that Jesus told Pilate the reason that He was born and came into the world, so that He could bear witness to the truth about God..
John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
Yes, "To this end was I born ..." was Jesus reply that yes he is a king. Remember John 18:36 _______________
Jesus said: his kingdom......my kingdom.....my attendants...., so yes Jesus is King. King of God's kingdom 1st Cor. 15:24-26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
0%
No one deserves eternal damnation.
I find Jesus agrees with you as far as burning after death because Jesus and the OT both teach ' sleep ' (Not pain) in death.
- John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Biblical hell ( the grave for the sleeping dead ) comes to a final end.
Everyone in biblical hell is ' delivered up ' meaning 'resurrected out of the grave', then emptied-out hell/grave is cast empty into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell/grave

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't know where you are getting all this, but it certainly is not from the Bible.
Sorry to burst your bubble but there will be nobody living on earth except the live people who are born here, and they will live here until they die.
In other words, once you are dead you are dead, and you aren't rising from the grave and coming back to life to live on earth.
The souls of everyone who dies goes to the spiritual world and takes on a spiritual body and lives forever. Some go to heaven and others don't.
Yes, some go to heaven, and others can be part of the humble meek people who will inherit the Earth or the earthly realm of God's Kingdom.
The some who go to heaven are like the people of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18. They have that 1st or earlier resurrection - Rev. 20:6; 5:9-10
The majority can be part of the humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matt. 5:5 from Psalm 37:9-11
ALL the people Jesus resurrected were brought back to life right here on Earth.
Jesus was giving us a preview, a small sample of what resurrecting he will be doing on a Grand world-wide scale - 1st Cor. 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
Because Jesus has the keys to unlock death: those resurrected to Heaven will have a spirit body.The rest a physical earthly body.- Rev. 1:18

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If all that Jesus said was "Thou sayest that I am a king" He would have been leaving it open-ended, giving us something to think about.
But that sentence was followed by the real reason Jesus came into this world, which was not to be a king: "To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."
Yes, Jesus said more than that Pilate was asking that Jesus said he is a king. Back at John 18:36 Jesus answers about his kingdom.
His kingdom government is Not from an earthly source but a heavenly Kingdom with heavenlly co-rulers - Rev. 20:6; 5:9-10
This is biblical truth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, I believe that God knows everything about everybody before they are even born and that is all written on the Tablet of Fate, which is also called the Book of Life.
..... and the 'Bible's Book of Life' shows that a person's name can be blotted out of the Book of Life - Exodus 32:33; Malachi 3:16

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I find Jesus agrees with you as far as burning after death because Jesus and the OT both teach ' sleep ' (Not pain) in death.
- John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Biblical hell ( the grave for the sleeping dead ) comes to a final end.
Everyone in biblical hell is ' delivered up ' meaning 'resurrected out of the grave', then emptied-out hell/grave is cast empty into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell/grave

That is interesting thank you.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Maybe some spirits do, but I would not want to come back to this world. What would I do here in a spiritual body with nobody who could see me unless I happened to be around a psychic medium?

Good point. Maybe we'll meet in the spirit world, and you can assist me with helping lost and confused spirits cross over.