• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there are fake galaxies, then God exists

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
your riduculous "virtual light".
It's only as ridiculous as The Simulation Hypothesis, which many intelligent people believe in, to one extent or another

Are You Living in a Simulation?

It is a legitimate idea...

in a simulated universe:

simulated energy = simulated photons
simulated photons = simulated light

...and simulated light shines onto our simulated retinas, giving us a sense of vision

Or are you suggesting that in a simulation light wouldn't be simulated???

Also, a star could be programmed into such a simulation in such a way that it has access to unlimited simulated energy, which would be possible as it is merely a program, not materiel reality

rational belief system.
I'd say that I do have a rational belief system

Even if you think it's untrue, it is still rational within itself

I don't imagine what reality is like.
Instead, I let reality tell me what it is like, through evidence.
And you make sense of the data and facts according to your scientific imagination, you actively construct a personal world view according to your experience and prior world view

When it comes to assessing the truth value thereof, it has the exact same merrit as magical unicorns. Which is: none at all.
How do you know that in the distant future people won't be able to build a simulated universe, full of simulated people? It could be technologically possible, just not now

Look at how far we've come with technology in the last 10,000 years - and imagine what we may achieve in another 10,000 years, if the trend continues (and we don't wipe ourselves out...)

A magic unicorn is less likely than a simulated reality, that's what my reasoning tells me according to what I understand, and I think I'm right

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I think if I can prove everything outside the solar system is fake then I have proof for God

Yes, and if I could prove kryptonite exists, then I have proof of Superman.

Ciao

- viole

Chris Lovel

searcher
The Universe appears to be pretty huge – millions of galaxies, billions of stars, over trillions of light-years…

But what if it is not as vast as it seems?

What if it’s really only very tiny?

And what if all the distant stars, galaxies and exo-planets we can observe are all mere illusions?

What if we’re all alone, and our sun is the centre of the Universe and everything outside of our solar system doesn’t really exist in any great detail?

What if all the majesty and awesomeness of the Universe is just a very elaborate background?

I know there’s zero evidence for this...

If I could prove the Sun was at the centre of the Universe and everything outside the solar system was an illusion then would that be evidence for a creator God?

I say it would, as fake galaxies and stars could only have come into being by the hand of God

I think if I can prove everything outside the solar system is fake then I have proof for God

Wow! you really need to take Astronomy 101, galaxies over trillions of light years? the microwave background shows the universe is about 13.7 billion years old, so where do you get trillions? . Galaxies and exo-planets illusions? have you seen the pictures from Hubble Telescope? clearly not, it shows the incredible, wonderful and breathtaking creation of the divine, to say it is an illusion is to insult to the divine. Please, take a look at yourself and see that you have lost your power to critical thinking. We can tell roughly how far away galaxies are by their "Red-shift", don't know what that is? look it up and educate yourself, then come back and tell us it's an illusion.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Since the simulation hypothesis is unverifiable and such conjecture can't be proven as correct theory, then I suppose we should live as though we are living in base-reality. Right?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Since the simulation hypothesis is unverifiable and such conjecture can't be proven as correct theory, then I suppose we should live as though we are living in base-reality. Right?
There are people who think it might be possible to test the Simulation Hypothesis. What is the simulation hypothesis? Why some think life is a simulated reality
I don't think so and there are good reasons for not believing in it. But I love it as a thought experiment and counter argument to any kind of creationism.

JesusKnowsYou

The Universe appears to be pretty huge – millions of galaxies, billions of stars, over trillions of light-years…

And what if all the distant stars, galaxies and exo-planets we can observe are all mere illusions?

What if we’re all alone, and our sun is the centre of the Universe and everything outside of our solar system doesn’t really exist in any great detail?

What if all the majesty and awesomeness of the Universe is just a very elaborate background?

If I could prove the Sun was at the centre of the Universe and everything outside the solar system was an illusion then would that be evidence for a creator God?

I say it would, as fake galaxies and stars could only have come into being by the hand of God

I don't understand how that would be proof of God.

I consider the vast universe to be proof of His existence and majesty.

Shad

Veteran Member

Non sequitur

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I don't understand how that would be proof of God.

I consider the vast universe to be proof of His existence and majesty.

What if we humans are just very tiny creatures to whom the universe appears to be vast and majestic, but the universe were indeed only a very small part of a multi-verse, which had always existed; would this change your belief our universe were proof of God?

JesusKnowsYou

What if we humans are just very tiny creatures to whom the universe appears to be vast and majestic, but the universe were indeed only a very small part of a multi-verse, which had always existed; would this change your belief our universe were proof of God?
No. If anything, it would strengthen it.

I personally believe that all Mankind are the literal children of God and that He Himself is a member of a vast innumerable family of Gods and Goddesses.

night912

Because that would mean the other solar systems etc. were existing only as an illusion

And such illusions would not happen naturally - hence they could only be made by God

Unless someone can prove that nature would and/or could create fake galaxies etc...
Don't need to. Why? Because they are fakes, not real, don't exist, etc.

But if you're talking about "fake" being an illusion, then there is a creator. The creator of that "fake" universe is......YOU