• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If theists created concept of God,

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Actually, I am saying, or will like to say.. whatever you are comfortable with.

I am welcome, or not, you decide :)
That is what I said. If you have learned better, that is nice. If you have not, shame on you.

It is really that simple. You have a responsibility over what you say. Others, including me, will react accordingly and have no duty to absolve you from that responsibility.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Again, Victim of False-Theists.
If you declare others "false theists" so liberally, then there is no ground for you to complain on atheists criticizing theists without being very hypocritical indeed.

Do you understand that?

chinu

chinu
If you declare others "false theists" so liberally, then there is no ground for you to complain on atheists criticizing theists without being very hypocritical indeed.

Do you understand that?
I declare, false-theist = false-theist And theist = theist, its very simple.

What are OTHERS, I have nothing to do with OTHERS.

chinu

chinu
That is what I said. If you have learned better, that is nice. If you have not, shame on you.
What I have learned, is just, what I have learned. It is better, or not. You decide.
If you want to shame, do it. You are welcome !

It is really that simple.You have a responsibility over what you say. Others, including me, will react accordingly and have no duty to absolve you from that responsibility.
When I said that I didn't agree on that ? :)

A Vestigial Mote

There are far more concrete reasons than that.

I was speaking in generalities, because the main point that "theists are what cause atheists to oppose their views" is basically indisputable. Within that, of course there are going to be finer points (or "more concrete reasons" as you put it) to address the issue. Your link cites rejection of The Bible, which is certainly a point of contention. However, if there were no one pushing The Bible as being important, then no one (or not many at all) would worry about opposing The Bible. You'd maybe have a handful of people who talked about its contradictions, or the importance of the subject matter, but that's about it. No one else would care.

Just like any science fiction novel - even a popular one. There are those rare few who will discuss, in depth, the contradictions in the plot points, and go over it with a fine-tooth comb, but no one else cares at all. However, if a huge number of people began picking up that science fiction novel, and started claiming that it contained the secrets to divine knowledge that others should live their lives by (the "source" of which no one could produce, adequately describe, or actually verify), then there would rise up a type of people who would oppose those ideas, and speak out against them, inform people that it was silly to accept that this science fiction novel as imparting divine knowledge, and give their reasoning why. It should only be expected, to be honest.

And again, I feel this all points back to theists. If theists didn't push these views in such massive numbers, there'd be no one to care, no opposition. I mean, imagine if every single person on the planet kept their religious beliefs and views entirely to themselves, and only ever argued for moral judgments from purely rational, secular grounds, with actual data or testimony to observed phenomena to back it up. Would we even have outspoken "atheists"?

A Vestigial Mote

Theists are also physically present on this earth. But, are no longer resident of this earth/world.
I don't supposed you have any way to demonstrate the truth of this funny little statement, do you?

What I am going to need you to do is go out and say to as many people as you can "I am a true theist, and therefore no longer resident of this Earth." Come back and tell me the total number of people you told this to, along with the total number of people who didn't give you a funny look, or openly laugh in your face. If that latter number includes anyone besides your mother, then I will officially proclaim that the human race is doomed as a species.

QuestioningMind

This means you DOUBT the existence of God, rather than SURE ?

I would have to have an enormous ego to claim that I'm all-knowing enough to state it is IMPOSSIBLE for some sort of a god entity to exist. However, I have yet to be presented with any verifiable evidence whatsoever to support any god claim I've ever heard. Thus, without verifiable evidence it isn't possible for me to have any genuine belief.

QuestioningMind

All these peoples are false-theists.

No they aren't. They all believe in some sort of a god entity and that makes them theists. The fact that you may not agree that the god entity they believe in is real doesn't mean that they aren't theists. That would be like me claiming that YOU are not a theist, just because I don't think that the god you believe in is real.

Bob the Unbeliever

Like; one cannot be a doctor by just wearing a stethoscope,.

Indeed-- but decades of training *can* enable a person to use the title "doctor".

Similarly; one cannot be a true theist by just having a "good-book".

False comparison, even worse analogy. Because you actually can-- be a theist simply by claiming that you are.
False-Atheist,
That is only I can say here.

LMAO! There is only one way to not be an atheist: to be a theist. That's it-- to be a theist, it does not even matter if the god in question is real or not.

Bob the Unbeliever

They all are false-theists.

Just like you? How can anyone tell? You are beginning to sound just like all the other theists I've run across: Dogmatic, 100% certain, absolutely SURE that THEIR PERSONAL GOD is the one and only.

Edit: I must apologize to most theists on RF. My statement above, was hyperbolic-- to the point that I was wrong.

So very sorry-- there are a few here, that that statement fits. But only a few.

*sigh* The heat of the moment, without proper introspection.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

But, what is the problem with atheists ?
Theists are not forcefully imposing their ideas on atheists.
Why not Atheists stay away from Theists and all their ideas, or concepts and mind their own businesses ?

What a kind of jealous/envy is this with somebodies ideas ?
Attempts are made at every turn to impose religious ideas onto others. There has been a push in many states to enact laws based upon Christianity, for example. There have been attempts to teach creationism (later renamed intelligent design) in science classrooms when there is no science in it and it is clearly a theistic viewpoint.

How do you propose non believers "stay away" from believers in various gods? What do you say to those believers who knock on doors and put up signs and billboards?

Last edited:

Milton Platt

But, what is the problem with atheists ?
Theists are not forcefully imposing their ideas on atheists.
Why not Atheists stay away from Theists and all their ideas, or concepts and mind their own businesses ?

What a kind of jealous/envy is this with somebodies ideas ?

But they do in many cases force their ideas...ISIS? Taliban?
IN the U.S. there are continual attempts to introduce religion into the workings of government, as well as teaching religious beliefs as scientific facts in science classes, and having public money pay for education at religious schools.

chinu

chinu
I don't supposed you have any way to demonstrate the truth of this funny little statement, do you?

What I am going to need you to do is go out and say to as many people as you can "I am a true theist, and therefore no longer resident of this Earth." Come back and tell me the total number of people you told this to, along with the total number of people who didn't give you a funny look, or openly laugh in your face. If that latter number includes anyone besides your mother, then I will officially proclaim that the human race is doomed as a species.
I agree, most people will give funny look :)