• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Jewish Messiah has already come….

roger1440

I do stuff
He has. These are His Words.

“THE Most Great Law is come, and the Ancient Beauty ruleth upon the throne of David.”

“THE Breath hath been wafted, and the Breeze hath blown, and from Zion hath appeared that which was hidden, and from Jerusalem is heard the Voice of God, the One, the Incomparable, the Omniscient.”

“This Day all the signs have appeared. A great City hath descended from heaven, and Zion trembleth and exulteth with joy at the Revelation of God, for it hath heard the Voice of God on every side.”

Baha'u'llah
He told you this? I would keep that to yourself I were you.

'Why hasn't he made himself known?' I would suggest that depends upon the purpose of his presence? My own opinion on the subject is that his coming is not to offer approbation to any existing truth claim, Jewish or Christian, but to offer correction to our understanding of God. In such a case, He may be bringing a teaching both new and antithetical towards all existing tradition! Could be very tricky! Or as noted by Dante in his Divine Comedy:

For as I turned, there greeted mine likewise
What all behold who contemplate aright,
That's Heaven's revolution through the skies.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
So the only way to know Jesus is the Messiah is by people peddling God and waving a book in their hand? So there is no visible signs at all?

If you take the example of the first century Christians....then yes.

The visible signs are not miracles in this time period for the reasons Paul outlined in 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 wher he says....

"But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child. 12 For now we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face-to-face. At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known. 13 Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love."

When Christianity was in its infancy, the gifts of the spirit were given as proof of God's backing of the fledgling congregations and away from apostate Judaism. But Paul called the desire to see miracles "the traits of a child". Mature Christians now have something that is harder to demonstrate. "Faith, hope and love".....the identifying marks of true Christians now is not something supernatural, but in the fulfilment of Jesus' prophesy "love among yourselves" (John 13:34-35) and a faith and unity that is not found in any other group. (1 Corinthians 1:10) This unity of belief and practice is global, not local. It transcends race, culture, education and language.

Jesus trained and sent his disciples out to find those who would respond to his message about the kingdom. (Matthew 10:11-14)

They were only to offer their message and if people responded positively, the disciples taught them more....if they rejected the message, then they were to "shake the dust off their feet" and move on.

The first Christians were evangelizers. Jesus said that part of the sign of his imminent return as judge, would be 'preaching the good news of the kingdom in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come'. (Matthew 24:14) God will never bring anything upon mankind without first warning them, but like Noah's day, Noah's warning fell on deaf ears. Jesus said it would happen again (Matthew 24:37-39) People would stumble over the messengers. And the fact that no one else seems to take them seriously, and even makes people angry is not unexpected. (John 15:18-21)

All of the features of the sign Jesus gave to identify "the time of the end" have been in evidence since it began in 1914. This is all the evidence we are going to get.

Don't expect anything visibly spectacular until the end itself....but then it will be too late. (2 Thessalonians 1:6-9) God is looking for citizens of his kingdom who don't need to see miracles, but who do see the need to do what Jesus commanded. He wants humble and obedient ones who are prepared to look like fools in the world....completely out of sinc with this world' standards, and goals....living their Christianity 24/7. This doesn't make them perfect by any means, because we can't realistically achieve anything better that our sinful state will allow, but there will be no excuses to offer to Jesus, come the judgment. (Matt 7:21-23) :(

Last edited:

Sonofason

If Jesus is the prophesied Messiah how is it no one seems to know unless they are told?
His coming was foretold in the book of Daniel, and from what I hear but have not proven for myself is that it happened on the very day it was prophesied to happen. They were suppose to notice this, but as Christ pointed out, they did not notice it. Had they noticed, He would have been their King too...the Jews that is.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
How was this done, email? I use a spam blocker. I didn't get the memo.

What's more important is if the gate of our hearts are open to Him or not. If we close the doors of our hearts in His Face the on that day He will say 'begone, I never knew you'.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
How can anyone open there heart to him if he isn't even here?

He is and He's come and people are slowly awakening and eventually as it is said 'all eyes shall see Him' meaning all will come to accept and believe in God's good time.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Baha'u'llah announced himself to Pope Pius IX during the 19th century as follows:

"O POPE! Rend the veils asunder. He Who is the Lord of Lords is come overshadowed with clouds, and the decree hath been fulfilled by God, the Almighty, the Unrestrained… He, verily, hath again come down from Heaven even as He came down from it the first time...."

What could be clearer?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Baha'u'llah announced himself to Pope Pius IX during the 19th century as follows:

"O POPE! Rend the veils asunder. He Who is the Lord of Lords is come overshadowed with clouds, and the decree hath been fulfilled by God, the Almighty, the Unrestrained… He, verily, hath again come down from Heaven even as He came down from it the first time...."

What could be clearer?
I just said the same thing to my wife and she believes me too! Its amazing!

pearl

QUOTE{You can read the very words of God in the Scriptures{QUOTE}

What we 'read' in Scripture is the human word of God, since God does not speak words.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
QUOTE{You can read the very words of God in the Scriptures{QUOTE}

What we 'read' in Scripture is the human word of God, since God does not speak words.
How does he communicate with us then? He spoke with Moses.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I just said the same thing to my wife and she believes me too! Its amazing!

Amazing indeed as popes can neither marry or be female :)

Pope Pius IX of course ignored Baha'u'llahs counsel as Caiaphas in an instant rejected Jesus. The wellbeing and prosperity of the firmly established religious orders both men represented declined dramatically not long after.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Amazing indeed as popes can neither marry or be female :)

Pope Pius IX of course ignored Baha'u'llahs counsel as Caiaphas in an instant rejected Jesus. The wellbeing and prosperity of the firmly established religious orders both men represented declined dramatically not long after.

Caiaphas? Mind explaining further?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Caiaphas? Mind explaining further?

Caiaphas was the chief priest of the Jews and considered to be the most learned. He interogated Jesus and had no hesitation in rejecting His Messianic Claims and condemning the Christ to death. The Jews expected their promised one to come as a ruler like King David admidst miraculous signs to free them from the oppression of the Romans.