• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Dems win in November, the # of SC justices can grow!

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
It is past time for the Democrats to grow some teeth. It is apparent, given all of the atrocities from the past four years, the Republicans are simply not interested in serving the needs of the people.

Suave

Simulated character
According to the article below, the supreme court doesn't have to have 9 justices. It could have 11 or 13 or..

So if the Dems win big in November AND if the GOP (hypocritically as always), rushes through a new justice, the Dems could call for a bigger court and unstack the deck.

Interesting!

Op-Ed: Democrats have a secret weapon to thwart a rapid Ginsburg replacement. They should use it

This is a good idea, I would like the U.S.constitution to be interpreted as being a living document for social justice.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It is past time for the Democrats to grow some teeth. It is apparent, given all of the atrocities from the past four years, the Republicans are simply not interested in serving the needs of the people.
It's also apparent the the Democrats aren't all that different. That's a huge problem.
Better than the TeaParty Republicans. But not better enough.

C'mon. Biden?
Tom

tytlyf

Not Religious
In the past, the Supreme Court has grown based on territories (population).
The SC initially retained 6 members.
Membership rised to 7, then 8, then 10. Back to 9, 7 and up to 9 again. (where it is today)
I'd say it's time to expand the court since nothing has changed for 150 years. (population has grown exponentially in that timeframe)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They've needed these teeth for so long I doubt they ever grow them.
If they win, I assume they'll play soft on redistricting instead of heavily stacking it like the Reps did 10 years ago.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Pack the Court. Sure, or we can just impeach a few. There's tons of dirt on Thomas alone.