• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If stars were created, cosmology is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Prove it.
Read G-Mark and take careful notice of exactly what happens, where and when and with who, and in what order.

Read G-John and do the same. G-Mark is accurate. G-John has many accurate accounts but the where, the when and the with who is just a jumble of imagined myth.

It's down to you to put the time in on this..... and 'No', you certainly never have. But in any debate on such a matter I would be writing in the hope that I might connect with objective readers...... you couldn't be objective about any of that in my opinion.

dad

Undefeated
Read G-Mark and take careful notice of exactly what happens, where and when and with who, and in what order.

Read G-John and do the same. G-Mark is accurate. G-John has many accurate accounts but the where, the when and the with who is just a jumble of imagined myth.
They both could not be true, because...? What do you think that because someone mentioned some folks in an audience somewhere that they were the only people there?

Pitiful.

PruePhillip

No evidence what so ever and I wasn't referring to Rainbow Serpent, other than reading a few stories I don't know much about that. I was referring to Baiame who is the creator God of the traditional owners of where I live. And no I have no evidence and no I don't believe Baiame exists, I like the stories and I'm interested in local history.

Most of the old testament, revelations, Pauls letters, bits and pieces of the gospels.

I understand. The bible in general offends the modern mind.
It actually offended the mind of the ancients too. Anything
from saying life came out of the sea to the Jews being exiled
into all the world. The scholars of Jesus' day said he couldn't
be the Messiah because he came from Galilee instead of
Bethlehem as scripture mandated. They were being deliberately
offended by their own bible because Jesus did actually come
from Bethlehem.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I understand. The bible in general offends the modern mind.
It actually offended the mind of the ancients too. Anything
from saying life came out of the sea to the Jews being exiled
into all the world. The scholars of Jesus' day said he couldn't
be the Messiah because he came from Galilee instead of
Bethlehem as scripture mandated. They were being deliberately
offended by their own bible because Jesus did actually come
from Bethlehem.

It doesn't offend me, it made me an atheist.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
They both could not be true, because...? What do you think that because someone mentioned some folks in an audience somewhere that they were the only people there?
You have not researched the comparison that I have suggested, and I don't expect that you ever will.
However, which particular audience are you referring to?

I notice that you often chuck personal insults at people who you disagree with. In the above case I have to say that I don't think you hold pity for people, I don't think you care enough..... that's just from reading how you write to members.

PruePhillip

It doesn't offend me, it made me an atheist.

Remember - the Christian theist believes God made everything in the beginning.
The atheist believes the universe created itself before it existed, and for no reason
whatsoever.
So you pick what you think is the most logical, scientific and plausible scenario.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Remember - the Christian theist believes God made everything in the beginning.
The atheist believes the universe created itself before it existed, and for no reason
whatsoever.
So you pick what you think is the most logical, scientific and plausible scenario.

You have no idea what this atheist thinks and you're not even close.

But while we're on the topic. Why did god create the universe?

PruePhillip

You have no idea what this atheist thinks and you're not even close.

But while we're on the topic. Why did god create the universe?

I have a good idea what atheists think. I know lots of them. And I was invited once to give a talk
at a skeptic conference. Atheists don't believe in God or gods. Theirs is a purely material view
of the world.
I cannot speak for the many gods of this world - most of whom are pure reflections of the vices
of their creators. But the God of Judaeo Christians states that He created a people for Himself.
Not robots, but through free choice, and the working of faith, people could make choices for
themselves based upon what they want from their lives.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I have a good idea what atheists think. I know lots of them. And I was invited once to give a talk
at a skeptic conference. Atheists don't believe in God or gods. Theirs is a purely material view
of the world.
I cannot speak for the many gods of this world - most of whom are pure reflections of the vices
of their creators. But the God of Judaeo Christians states that He created a people for Himself.
Not robots, but through free choice, and the working of faith, people could make choices for
themselves based upon what they want from their lives.

Maybe you should listen to what all those atheists say instead of speaking for them, I doubt if any actually think what you believe they think.

That doesn't answer my question, why would a god create the universe. If he just wanted a people for himself he could have dropped 99.999999999999999% of the universe.

PruePhillip

Maybe you should listen to what all those atheists say instead of speaking for them, I doubt if any actually think what you believe they think.

That doesn't answer my question, why would a god create the universe. If he just wanted a people for himself he could have dropped 99.999999999999999% of the universe.

Wonderful question.
Why is the universe so big? Because it expanded.
Why expanded? So that it can cool and form atoms, metals and proteins.
Why is the universe so old? Because it takes time to form all this.
So the universe is BIG because of TIME which is necessary to form things like people.

dad

Undefeated
You have not researched the comparison that I have suggested, and I don't expect that you ever will.
However, which particular audience are you referring to?
You mentioned that Mary was at the cross as well as others further off. They all can be there, just because Mary may have been closer does not mean the others were not there also.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Wonderful question.
Why is the universe so big? Because it expanded.
Why expanded? So that it can cool and form atoms, metals and proteins.
Why is the universe so old? Because it takes time to form all this.
So the universe is BIG because of TIME which is necessary to form things like people.

Ok I guess that's an answer. Not what I was really asking but whatever, probably the way I asked, I shouldn't use the tablet of a night time.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You mentioned that Mary was at the cross as well as others further off. They all can be there, just because Mary may have been closer does not mean the others were not there also.
No. Magdalene Salome and others were together, at afar. They are the only ones to have followed all the way to the cross. No disciples were there. Jesus 's relatives certainly were not there
It was only Magdalene Salome who attended the tomb the day after Nisan 15.

The whole of the last week as described by John is made up. G-Mark gets it right which makes sense because both he and Cephas were closer to what happened after the arrest. But they were not at the execution.

dad

Undefeated
No. Magdalene Salome and others were together, at afar. They are the only ones to have followed all the way to the cross. No disciples were there. Jesus 's relatives certainly were not there
Chapter and verse? Seems to me Jesus told John to watch over His mom.

It was only Magdalene Salome who attended the tomb the day after Nisan 15.
She visited. So did others. Some got there first. Big deal.
The whole of the last week as described by John is made up.
False. You made up doubts.

G-Mark gets it right which makes sense because both he and Cephas were closer to what happened after the arrest. But they were not at the execution.

You need to add the folks who were there from the four gospels. Not pick at one gospel because it mentions or focuses on certain people.

PruePhillip

What do you mean by dropping the universe? Are you saying the time and space of the universe
is simply way too much for the creation of a human on earth? Or that the earth, at 25,000 mile
circumference, is unnecessarily big for the task at hand? Or thousands of years for things to play
out is way too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.