• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If someone set a basket of kittens on fire...

:

• Total voters

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
...would that make them a bad person?
I don't see the "No" option.
It's almost certainly bad behavior. But in the realm of bizarre hypotheticals anything is possible. Maybe it was to distract the Nazis about to find the hidden Jews?
But the behavior, even if it's as atrocious as imagined, is still what's bad. Not necessarily the person.
Tom

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
It would not make them a "cat person"

But, if you believe in Dharma/Karma, then all gets balanced out one day
Who knows, maybe this person reincarnates as a kitten in a next life
Maybe even as a "kitten in a basket with other kittens"

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't see the "No" option.
It's almost certainly bad behavior. But in the realm of bizarre hypotheticals anything is possible. Maybe it was to distract the Nazis about to find the hidden Jews?
But the behavior, even if it's as atrocious as imagined, is still what's bad. Not necessarily the person.
Tom
Shhh. That's beside the point I was trying to make. ;)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It would not make them a "cat person"

But, if you believe in Dharma/Karma, then all gets balanced out one day
Who knows, maybe this person reincarnates as a kitten in a next life
Maybe even as a "kitten in a basket with other kittens"

But if you don't remember your previous life then there is no lesson taught; no justice or balance.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The real question,as I see it, is do you burn them after the daily burn ban has been lifted to keep from breaking the law?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
But if you don't remember your previous life then there is no lesson taught; no justice or balance.
IMO things happen BUT we are not aware why things happen, as we don't remember "previous lives" ... still justice etc.

But if you don't believe in previous lives, Dharma, Karma then of course you have a different opinion on that. That's fine with me too:D

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

It would make them a person who sets kittens on fire, and needs a psychological evaluation. Whether or not that makes them a bad person depends on whether or not they continue said behavior after being called out.

Skwim

Veteran Member
If someone set a basket of kittens on fire...
Not necessarily at all. Why did she set them on fire? If she did it in order to eliminate Donald Trump that would be a quite acceptable reason. Might even receive a merit badge for it.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Not necessarily at all. Why did she set them on fire? If she did it in order to eliminate Donald Trump that would be a quite acceptable reason. Might even receive a merit badge for it.

Wow. What a load of ignorance.

It's ok to kill multiple innocent creatures, because it may hurt one person with whom you disagree?

You almost sound like a Trump supporter. "He isn't hurting who he is supposed to."

Edit: www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-voter-hes-not-hurting-the-people-he-needs-be-hurting/amp

Last edited: