• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If slavery was legal today

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If slavery was legal today…

How much would it cost to buy another human being?

What type of price would we be looking at?

I have no idea but doubt i could afford one :(

I'd like to be able to afford one

If someone gave me a slave as a birthday present I'd free them, but only after I'd got some work out of them, as to just free them would be an insult to the person who gave me them
God I'd love to have slaves. It's one of my biggest fantasies.
Wtf. What shameful things to say.

julianalexander745

I'd like to be able to afford one

If someone gave me a slave as a birthday present I'd free them, but only after I'd got some work out of them, as to just free them would be an insult to the person who gave me them

I'd free them just so I could catch them again.

You know - like make a game out of it when I get bored.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Slavery exists right here and right now in plain sight. There's an "Asian Massage" place nearby where the ladies who work there were taken to this country on promises of a new life. Now they are forced into prostitution with nowhere to go since they can't speak the language and are threatened constantly to stop them from fleeing. They shut one down in the next city over, but that one was in business for at least 15 years before they finally got around to it.

There's more varieties of slavery here than this, but we just call it "human trafficking" now.

dianaiad

If slavery was legal today…

How much would it cost to buy another human being?

What type of price would we be looking at?

I have no idea but doubt i could afford one :(

Evidently slavery is legal in some places still. It seems that slaves go pretty cheap, too....two Libyan men were sold fairly recently for about $400 each.

Now me, were someone to give me a slave I would look on the gift very much the way the 'white elephant' was looked upon in song and story; a gift meant to bankrupt. There the slave is. Were I to free him/her, what would happen to him/her? Just how well would THAT story end? Nope...first I would have to feed, clothe and house the slave, teach him/her about living in this culture, handle any legal problems that arise with him/her BEING here, make sure that s/he has the knowledge (education, folks) to make a living wage wherever s/he ended up, and then make certain that the paperwork that went along with freeing him/her was in proper order so that nobody could take his/her freedom away again. Please note that there's nothing in there about getting any work out of him/her

If you can buy a slave for $400, I still couldn't afford it....because buying a person in those circumstances means, frankly, adopting him/her to all intents and purposes. It would cost more money than I could ever get to afford a save.

julianalexander745

Evidently slavery is legal in some places still. It seems that slaves go pretty cheap, too....two Libyan men were sold fairly recently for about $400 each.

Now me, were someone to give me a slave I would look on the gift very much the way the 'white elephant' was looked upon in song and story; a gift meant to bankrupt. There the slave is. Were I to free him/her, what would happen to him/her? Just how well would THAT story end? Nope...first I would have to feed, clothe and house the slave, teach him/her about living in this culture, handle any legal problems that arise with him/her BEING here, make sure that s/he has the knowledge (education, folks) to make a living wage wherever s/he ended up, and then make certain that the paperwork that went along with freeing him/her was in proper order so that nobody could take his/her freedom away again. Please note that there's nothing in there about getting any work out of him/her

If you can buy a slave for $400, I still couldn't afford it....because buying a person in those circumstances means, frankly, adopting him/her to all intents and purposes. It would cost more money than I could ever get to afford a save.

How much do you think a pure blooded Nordic 18 year old girl would go for?

julianalexander745

This is starting to get really interesting.

I might start a new thread on this.

In a legal, regulated, subsidized industry in which human beings can be sold as chattel, what would the price tags be on certain individuals depending on their specific characteristics.

It goes way beyond the sort of stuff that goes into buying a car or a house.

dianaiad

How much do you think a pure blooded Nordic 18 year old girl would go for?

Depends on who's doing the selling. If she was put into slavery unwillingly...lousy investment. You'd lose it as soon as she ran away.

If SHE is selling herself, I hope she gets the earth and all its treasures.